Stone Circle everywhere i turned, the doors were closed
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
leaving @Laurel and @Marten somewhere near by (vagueyvague in case they want to come with), indra traveled back to her old stomping grounds. it was strange to be back so close to bearclaw, given how long it had been since it had truly been her home. today she did not visit for sentimental reasons.

she remembered that once, @Valette had extended an invitation to them that if they ever needed it, they could come to easthollow. given laurel’s condition indra was unwilling to leave any stone unturned. whether or not valette’s offer of a home still stood, indra did not presume. she had been let down too many times to trust a wolf’s word. keeping her hopes low, and her posture respectful, indra howled for the matron (or any that deigned to greet her) at easthollow’s stony borders.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
120 Posts
Ooc —
oh, but you could never really leave marten anywhere. 

he followed, from a distance at first but then slowly closing in to join his mothers at the borders. he stood firmly beside her, ears pressed forward and nose twitching as he waited to be greeted alongside indra. his tail flicked, a single time, and without glancing at his mother, marten said, "if they turn us away, i'm doing something." he looked forward a hair longer, and then looked back towards indra. "laurel's just gonna get more pregnant, and we can't just keep wandering," he added, ears flicking, and then looked forwards again.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lifted her head when she heard a howl. She was not sure if it sounded familiar but decided that she could not place it. Even if this was a stranger it was normal for her to greet them at her border. Valette got up, glad that Arlette was around to watch them, just in case @Greyback wanted to join her with going to the borders.

Valette trotted in the direction of the howl. As she came closer she realized she knew this female. Indra, mother of Nunataq, Arlette's best friend. And next to her was one of her children although the name escaped her. Valette greeted them with a chuff and then stopped. "Hello! What brings you here?" she asked them on a friendly tone.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
joined swiftly by marten, indra gave him a gentle nudge with her cheek. he looked determined -- she followed his gaze to the distant stones, smiling as he promised he would do something if they got turned away. he was still so full of hope, so unsapped by life's injustices; indra wished she could be more like him.

her hopes had long faded, and marten was the beacon of slim light that cut through her darkest thoughts. she was just about to respond when her ears involuntarily pricked; there was a wolf approaching.

indra stood at attention, her appearance neatly submissive. from the cover a long-striding form appeared, the dusk-backed form of easthollow's matron. sparing a dip of her muzzle in subservience, indra cleared her throat and begun. "valette," the redleaf started, feeling so out of place at easthollow's borders. "do you have room here?" she was never a wolf to beat around the bush, and even now her voice carried an ounce of strain to it that suggested they had endured hardship. "we need somewhere safe. laurel.." glancing to marten and back to valette, indra's features appeared wearied. "laurel is pregnant. we went to the hollow, and they had no room for a wolf in her condition. everywhere else has turned us away."
120 Posts
Ooc —
as the matron approached, marten dipped his head along with his mother in a bow of respect. when indra began to speak, marten followed along with a few, subtle nods of his head, only to eventually speak after her. 

"my name is marten," he followed, repeating the same spiel he'd given the man at the creek when he was with laurel, "i can hunt, and i want to learn to heal." he had use, he was trying to say. though laurel was pregnant and needed resources, marten planned to work hard to balance this. indra would probably do the same, he had no doubt.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was a bit surprised when Indra instantly spoke told her the reason why they were here at their borders. She had not expected them needing refuge especially since their close ties with the Hollow Pack. Valette looked troubled for a moment. But her decision was quite an easy one. They had room for more wolves. If she did have two pups die she might think that more pups were unresponsible but it was not that the pregnant lady came alone. She would bring two able bodies to her pack as well. Plus, they were family, in a way. She could not betray Xan like that or Laurel whom she met.

"Of course. We have the room for you three and some pups," she nodded. "You are practically family. How could I say no," she added. Though there was a line of worry on her still. Though she didn't doubt that the two sisters and their son would work hard. Plus the Hollow were their allies, what kind of allies would they be if they didn't. She did worry about her own pups but then again, they were older than these unborn. They already had the advantage. "You are welcome here at Easthollow," she spoke more certain. She would be there for her fellow females who had to bear children alone. If she didn't have her pack where would she ended up.

"Hello, Marten. Not sure if this is good news but your grandfather Kove recently joined us as well. You have more family here for you to meet." After all, she was Marten's aunt. "Where is Laurel now? Does she need assistance or protection while coming to our borders?," Valette asked.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra fell to her usual solemn silence after she finished, watching valette for any sign of doubt or trouble. marten was eager to prove his worth, bless him -- mentioning quickly he was more than able to contribute. indra silently supported his statement with a quick nod; he had fed them many times in their trip, and was by no means dead weight.

she noticed the surprise on valette's features, and frankly was in disbelief herself when valette accepted them. her gaze lifted, and she sucked in a quiet breath that had been held this entire time -- had she just heard right, that they were welcome here?

a flush of gratitude ran the course of indra's features -- there was finally an end to their road in sight. keeping her head low in immense indebtedness, indra looked to the forest beyond, her voice a pressed murmur of gratefulness. "you have no idea how good that is to hear." glancing to marten, indra straightened herself up carefully, preparing to leave to fetch laurel. "thank you -- i mean it. i will go and get laurel; because we were turned away, we split up to cover more ground."
120 Posts
Ooc —
they were accepted. it was among the better news that marten had heard in his life, although he had remained optimistic in most aspects throughout everything. realistic, if anything. he was glad he would not have to take matters into his own paws, for as confident as he was, marten was not so stupid to think he could single handedly take on all that needed to be done, and he was loathsome to ask indra for help. after all, it was him who had promised to help her. but he would've done it. willingly. 

he dipped his head low, graciously.

marten watched valette carefully at the mention of more family. the notion that valette was his aunt was... familiar, maybe, to the pale yearling, but he hadn't really put the pieces together. xan was family, maybe, but the man was not to him what indra was. what, even, laurel was, despite the strain they had. love was perhaps not a familiar name, marten wracked his brain for a few moments to remember it, though nothing really came about. he looked to indra, briefly, as she began to speak, and then said, "you can get her, i'll stay with valette, mama." 

so he turned to valette, if indra left right away, and jumped right into questions. "how much family?" he asked, and then, "is xan here, too -- or my sister, nunataq?" it was nearby the hollow, after all. if they hadn't stayed there then maybe they travelled next door. he didn't ask when indra was around, he didn't want to hurt her feelings. he'd always admit that indra was the only family he'd ever need, but he was still marten. a soft, sweet boy who welcomed any and all into his life. mature beyond his years, he hadn't been babied from the cruelties of the world, but he was still young. and the thought of more was... appealing.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded when the other spoke of getting Laurel. She was glad that she could help another female that was alone and had to take care of young. She knew how horrible it was to lose one of your children, especially when you didn't even get to know them well. After Indra left, it left her with Marten. She didn't mind to get to know the boy better.

"Well, of course, you have me and my children. Most are out exploring the world but Arlette is still here. She is about your age." However Marten seemed more matured than Arlette. "I recently had pups so you also have very new family members; Clay, Newt, West, and Leta. Plus, Kove being your grandfather is here as well." She repeated and then slowly shook her head. "Xan is not here. Last time I heard of him he was with the Hollow pack. I think Nunataq is there as well, but if you want to find Nunataq ask Arlette she is best friends with Nunataq," she offered to the young male.
120 Posts
Ooc —
marten listened intently as valette explained in depth all the family he had. it was, in a word, overwhelming, but he kept his composure, making a mental note of every name she gave. "that's a lot of wolves," said marten with a flick of his ear, staying silent for a moment before adding, "nunatuq and xan aren't at the hollow anymore." they weren't, plain as day. 

"who is your mate?" marten then asked, nose twitching. valette had had kids, after all, surely they had a father here as well. marten had another question too, but he refrained from overwhelming valette all at once.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette could understand that things were overwhelming however, the boy didn't look overwhelmed at the moment. Valette frowned when hearing that her brother was not in the hollow anymore. "I know that Arlette has seen Nunataq recently. She must be around," she spoke with a nod. But he would have to ask her himself.

"My mate is Greyback. Quite large, you can't miss him," she smiled. "But very kind!," she quickly added. She didn't want him to have a wrong impression.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
massive PP of laurel incoming - i hope that is okay, PM me if not.. but i figured we could wrap this up, if you guys are all willing! <3

indra's limbs carried her far and fast; her heart raced, her features were jubilant. they finally had a place -- a home -- she could not wait to share the news with her gravid sister. @Laurel told her of her rejection at the creek, which curdled indra's blood -- but she did not dwell, for they now had a home in easthollow. conveying this excitedly to her sister, indra impatiently lead her back down the slopes towards their old neighbors, eager to see marten and valette at the borders.