Blackfeather Woods from a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
Days had passed since she'd seen @Lilah, and today, Maegi sought the young woman out, wondering how she was settling into the woods. She was awfully quiet and reserved, perhaps due to what she had revealed during their short conversation. Having a husband assigned. . .Maegi couldn't imagine. A whole life, revolving around a man.

(But was it truly different than having a whole life revolve around a god?)

She padded the familiar forest trails, skirting the area near the Redgrove. Familiar to her, sure, but perhaps not to the newcomer. Maegi wondered about wolves' first impression of this place. Did it scare them? Intrigue them? Repulse them? All of the above? And yet, Lilah had been desperate enough to seek shelter here, regardless of any negative emotion. She had, too, pledged loyalty.

The Melonii let out a gentle but insistent call for the girl, tired of hobbling around and blindly seeking her out.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It was true she had isolated herself but she went to extremes that even she was unclear of the reason for. Perhaps it was because the darkness of this shadowy place had spoken of a place where she could be alone while also doing her part and nothing more. She was wary of getting to know anyone, wary of the dangers of letting anyone into her heart. So she had rolled around in pungeant herbs, she had gathered as much lavender and other bits of smelly things to place around her den and she refreshed it daily. She had her own, lonely little place in a home of shadows and she loved it. Except for the fact that she by nature was a social beast and therefore craved the interaction with another. 

It was that reason and also the fact that following was bred into her that when Maegi called she quickly hurried to answer. Today she smelled of mint, dirt, feathers, and lavender but tomorrow that would change. As she spotted the woman she lowered her head, tail giving a nervous patter against her hind limbs "Is everything alright ma'am?" she asked. Bright lavender gaze lifted and trailed over the woman's form to check for injury or signs of Illness.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Her nostrils flared, picking up the sweet scents that layered the woman's pelt. It was quite pleasant, actually—comforting, in a way. She nodded at the query, letting her face relax into something serene, almost resembling a smile.

Everything is fine, she assured Lilah, who looked kind of worried. I came to see how you were settling into the woods. How are you?

Maegi had harbored doubts about the soft fae's place in this forest. She was a far cry from the grizzled warriors and tortured souls that usually called Blackfeather home. Lilah more belonged at Wheeling Gull Isle, with Coelacanth and her ilk. But then. . .the Melonii found it soothing, almost, to think that she might be able to fashion that kind of peace and sanctuary here. Somewhere where everyone could feel at home.

A twisted sanctuary, sure, but one nonetheless.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
A breath was released as Maegi said everything was fine and she was tentatively gratefully that the woman wanted to check up on her. It was a sort of thing that never happened to her before, she had always been the outsider and the odd one out that people avoided. She had come here to do it by choice now, she was at peace with not being close to anyone. She had yearned her whole life and had learned that she wasn't worthy of attention but she was tired of being upset with it. "I'm settling fine. I like how quiet and dark it is, it's perfect because I'd rather have solitude" she said this hesitantly not wanting it taken the wrong way. "People don't usually like me. It's easier that way. I come when called and help where i can" she explained a bit more and smiled faintly her tail swaying behind her. "Is anyone pregnant this season?" she asked curiously, hoping she could be of use with her one skill this season.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
That was interesting—that she liked the dark and quiet. More than a few were put off by it, and Maegi was glad to hear that Lilah was taking to the atmosphere. It would go a long way in making this a home for the quiet woman. She was perplexed at the assessment that no one liked her, but let it slide for now. The Melonii didn't know Lilah well enough to refute it, and she wasn't one for saccharine rebuttals.

There is, yes, she said with a smile. Moonshadow—a dark woman with green eyes. And myself, as well. She settled back on her haunches, preening for a proud, silent moment before speaking again. I think it's the first time either of us are having children, so we'll definitely need help.

In that regard, Lilah's addition to the woods was a veritable boon. Maegi didn't know what she would do without a midwife by her side, when the time came. Poppy's bloody death was still etched in her mind; if only she'd known what she was doing, then. . .
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her expression lit up as she was told there was not one but two pregnant women here and that one of them was her leader. She was a bit embarrassed that she hadn't noticed but after studying the woman's hips and sides she couldn't see any rounding and figured it was too soon to outwardly tell anyway. She felt a small ache watching the pride Maegi displayed, wondering if she would ever feel it herself. She pushed the thoughts away and focused on the matter at hand

"Have you experienced anything concerning?" she asked curiously. She had no idea that Maegi had some experiences Midwifing and therefore figured she should check over everything now to make sure no problems were missed. "Small aches, pains, nausea and tiredness are normal" she added just in case it wasn't known. She made a note to meet Moonshadow soon and see how she was fairing, it was always good to have some sort of bond between a midwife and her patient.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She shook her head, glancing sideways toward her ribs. Not concerning, just different, Maegi remarked, the smile, for once, remaining rather than fading slowly away. I feel very hungry, all the time. A little bit nauseous, but only if I don't eat. Bloated. But nothing that worries me. I suppose that's just the way it goes.

The young leader cocked her chin slightly, staring at Lilah with interest. Have you ever been pregnant? she asked. Or attended a birth, at least? She'd leave her past experiences with the subject unspoken. Hopefully the other woman had been blessed with better luck in that realm.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her gaze softened as Maegi listed all normal, healthy symptoms "That's all good, you'll need to eat a bit more than normal too. Sometimes women feel sickened by foods they used to like too but  not always" she said. She liked seeing the woman smile, it was a nice expression even with the grim scarring along her cheek. She had figured the next questions were coming and readily answered, a tinge of bitter sadness slipping through her tone as she remembered her heat and Grey. "I haven't even had sex yet...I'm supposed to save it for my husband" she froze as soon as she said it her eyes widening as she shuffled and looked down, cheeks heating up "Or at least that's...how i was raised. Now theres no point" she trailed of and for a few beats there was silence before she cleared her throat "I've witnessed births before. I was taught under a medic and midwife. I've always been more interested in the birthing and the pups rather than wounds and sickness" she said this proudly, glad that her life with the Odolfs had taught her to be useful in at least one way.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
There was more than a little compassion in Maegi's eyes as she stared at Lilah, and she wondered—as with Parvati—what was in men's hearts to make them so cruel. Or, at least, most of them, Ramsay and Mou two notable exceptions. What was sex so special for, anyway? What she had done to get herself pregnant had been uncomfortable at best; it was no great shakes.

Your skills will be very useful here, she said, letting her visage stay warm. And I promise that Blackfeather Woods is not like the place you were raised. No saving anything for a husband. You're your own wolf, with your own life. She didn't even fully grasp the concept of that kind of culture. All she knew was that being a woman hadn't slowed her down one bit—so why shouldn't she protect others from misogyny?
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Maegi couldn't know how much her words helped Lilah. Slowly something inside of her began to mend as the kind leader said she would be useful. Then the real help came when she was told something she had never heard before though secretly she had always wanted to. She was her own person, she didn't have to surpress her true desires just to please a man anymore. Her eyes watered and she looked away, a watery laugh of relief escaping her maw "Thank you miss. I won't fail you. If you need anything or have any questions, you can come find me any time" she said and slowly the threat of tears faded until instead she felt like a whole weight had lifted. She was feeling true freedom and it felt unlike anything she had ever felt before.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
I will, Maegi answered, nodding. She let her gaze cut through the trees, then brought it back to Lilah in question. Have you had a chance to explore? Do you want that tour, now? She didn't mean to be pushy, but she did truly love showing newcomers around her beloved home.

If only to see the reactions the strange, sometimes grisly sights brought out in them. But. . .she supposed that was only part of it, and pride the rest.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She hadn't yet taken a look around, except to go gather the herbs she knew would be good in emergency situations, so when the tour was offered she nodded "I'd love one. After you" she said politely, tail swaying as she waited for the woman to take the lead and show her the depths of her new home.

We can fade if you want?