Master Ranger
@Greyback Text is from 'No one is alone' from Into the woods

People make mistakes
Fathers
Mothers
People make mistakes
Holding to their own
Thinking they're alone

Valette wanted to find Greyback. Ever since the attack, they had been living past one another. When one was sleeping the other was watching. When one was gone the other was with the pups. It didn't even feel like they were in a relationship, not to her. Valette blamed herself. Her past mates were all gone when she had to raise her young. She was not used to having the help and support that Greyback was offering her currently.

Since she was not used to it, she went on automatic pilot and took care of the pups and the pack as much as she could do herself. As that was what she did every time she had to deal with hardships. But she felt that she had forgotten wat what important, her relationship with Greyback. He was still here, even after all this time, and she felt that she had been neglecting him.

The female went to find her mate. She had no problem tracking him down. She made sure someone was with their children. As she approached the burly men, she let out a soft woof to let him know she was approaching. The female felt bad about herself for treating Greyback so distantly. There was still a slight limp to her step but she was doing better ever since she had to save West from the angry bison.

She stepped before Greyback and offered him a sad smile. "I... I want to apologize," she spoke before even greeting him. She didn't really know how to start but at least those burning words were off her tongue. He deserved better than her, really.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
A soft sound traveled from behind it, and in return the gentle man sent his own coo out. He didn't have to turn around to know who it was, he was already aware of Valette's presence by the sound of her pawsteps, the smell of her breath, and the tone her voice carried. Yet he did.

The mammoth of a wolf turned from where he stood the stream, his head raising to show off the drips of water that fell from his chin and crashed to the ground with a soft 'plip plop.' He tensed only slightly as his mate drew near, but he remained where he stood with a steadfast gaze and a waving tail. He had assumed the worst whenever they were near each other the past few sunrises, only exchanging simple words under the tension-bated air.  

What Greyback had not expected though, was the word's that spilled off her tongue.

"I... I want to apologize."

Something in him wanted to turn her down, to usher her with kind words and drown her with forgivings and promises that nothing was wrong— but it was wrong. Everything was wrong. His daughter had been hurt, barely living in her current state. A pack member had been traumatized by him, and his children scattered from what he considered the worst. His love for Valette.

He waited for her to say something. Anything. But with the ever stretching silence between him he found himself stuck on words. "I..."
He closed and opened his mouth as he sought for his own voice. "Me too," he replied back.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was glad that Greyback didn't argue with her that she didn't need to be sorry. The female offered him a soft smile when he was a bit stuck with his words. Valette stepped closer to him as she wanted to be close to him. She had realized that. "I have been alone through so many traumatic events, and I know that isn't an excuse, but I just automatically kept you distant as well," she admitted with soft tones. She never had some like Greyback before in her life, at least not sticking by her this long.

"I realized that it isn't okay. I miss you. I miss us. I am not ready to let you go," she spoke more determinedly. There had not even been an option about a break-up, at least not for her. But she wanted to say that out loud that she was ready to fight for their relationship. She knew that it wasn't always perfect, having a mate. There were darker days, and she wanted to get out of these darker days with Greyback. "But I accept your apology. I hope you will accept mine as well," she spoke, her green eyes sincere.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"I have been alone through so many traumatic events, and I know that isn't an excuse, but I just automatically kept you distant as well,"

Greyback listened to her as she spoke, lowering his head to be on level with her as her tone turned softer and softer. He found himself growing more relaxed around her as she filled his head with her voice. Something about it just calmed him. Valette calmed him. He couldn't imagine ever letting her go, of deserting her with their children and restarting the cycle of his former mate. Leaving her to wallow and start anew.

He understood why she acted the way she did, why she thought the way she did. It hurt. But it was understandable, and hearing her spill these words to him gave him comfort and hope they could work through it. Granted it didn't happen again.

"I'm not ready to let you go either," he replied just as soft, looking at her now with a sad gaze. "After all—I promised you I never would." He moved closer to her then, pressing his nose to her cheek and nudging into her soft fur.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
trying to do this on my 7 year old iPad ?

Valette was relieved to hear that Greyba k was not done with her either. A shaky breath left her lips. The female stepped closer to the male but what he then said she didn't agree on anymore. Before it was a reassurance that he would stay with her but now she didn't want him to stay if he resented her.

"Well, I don't want you to stay if I am too annoying to live with," she admitted softly. She was not sure if she could change. She would be willing to try of course. She then nested herself against the male. Then she realized that Gryeback also apologized and she glanced at him. "But why were you sorry? You have been so good to me and the pups!"
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Sounds like fun ! ?

Greyback's ears perked at his mate's words. He looked down with her in awe, mouth agape and eyes wide. Annoying? "You are anything but annoying, my love." He hushed, brows furrowed together. "It would take as many mistakes as stars in the sky for me to even think such a thing." Again, Greyback could not fathom leaving her. Of leaving Easthollow and his kids. He didn't want a repeat of Ira. He wanted to be there with her, to grow old with her, and eventually be buried together at Stone Circle.

He let her lean into him, and gave a pleased hum at the warmth and love that traveled up his spine. He missed this. He missed them.

He didn't take his eyes off her, even when she asked him about his apology. The large man only sadly smiled and licked at her crown. "I feel as though I should've been more vigilant at the border. I could of easily prevented that Witch from entering or even getting close to Leta and you. I could of easily... killed her for you." Greyback's tone was now harsh, edged. He held anger at the subject, that much was apparent. He still remembers everything that happened as if it was yesterday. And the more he thinks about it, the more angry he becomes once again. "I will make sure she pays one day."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
It somehow works surprisingly good

Valette flushed a bit when he complimented her. She didn't feel that she wasn't annoying. She felt bad for distancing herself from him. It was good to know that she was not annoying to him. "That is very sweet of you to say." The female was glad that she ended up with a good guy like
Greyback.

Her ear flopped back happily when he licked her crown. Then when he spoke she slowly shook her head. He couldn't ask himself of that. "If you would do that then you would not have a relationship with your children. Besides, I was there. I should have been protecting her." The female sighed softly. Even when she was so close she had not been able to snatch her daughter back.

Valette inhaled sharply. She was not one fore revenge or killing. But she wanted to see the witch hurt. She wanted to see the light go out of her eyes. She never really felt like this before. "When that happens I will be by your side."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
As true as Valette's words were, the Patriarch could only grimace. He was stubborn, and at least thought that it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more active on the pack lines. Perhaps if the markers were refreshed it wouldn't have happened. Perhaps if he was on more patrols and easily close to the scene the witch would've thought twice before barreling in. Perhaps if he was there he even could of caught and killed her before she managed to even touch Leta.

He sighed with Valette. The world was filled with 'what if's.' "What's done is done. We just have to make sure nothing happens like this again." He spoke softly. He was glad Valette was behind him on disposing the nuisance. For revenge. Greyback had never been one for it—but now things have changed. He wasn't the man he used to be.

He huffed once more, staying silent and bathing in the warm of Valette pressed against him; grounding him. The world seemed still as he drifted off into his thoughts about the future. The mysterious woman. Easthollow. The pups. Them. Wait——them. Valette.

Greyback looked to her once more in a flash of movement. He had forgotten about her incident with the pups with the distance between them. "How is your paw doing?" He hadn't watched her come up to him, was she wobbling? Was she limping? Did she need him to carry her? He wouldn't mind. After all, he had carried Brynn and Aerasha before. "Do you need help walking?"

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette still didn't get to ride on his back. :O

Valette nodded in agreement. She never wanted to lose a pup again. She shivered at the thought. They had been more alert and it did seem to be helping. However, it did have a negative effect on the kids. She could tell they were more tentative. Valette had been tense and her whole parenting was based on her being relaxed and clam around new things. Now pups met things with tenseness.

Valette smiled at Greyback when he asked about her paw. She looked down at it. "It is doing much better. I can put my full weight on it again. I never saw a pup being so guilty. Poor West. But he learned his lesson well." She glanced at Greyback. After they returned and Valette had forgiven him, the boy still got a scolding from his father. "They are good kids," she spoke proudly. They were also very different from her other litters. "Clay had trouble with the stone circle. He didn't want to enter it for some reason."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Despite Valette's effort to sway his worried attention from her paw, the man still bent down to give it attention with a sniff and nudge.
It seemed fine as she said, but despite that a desire deep down in the man urged him to see how she would fare on his back. It occurred to him then that it had been quite a while since the two of them had reveled. A shame, really.

With an amused hum, the giant slowly walked around his lady in a circle slowly, his head low and tail wagging. "Is that so?" He commented absentmindedly, barely paying attention to the conversation about their young in favor was garnering her attention. At any other time such conversations would have halted his thinking, but the man was too selfish for such thoughts at the moment.

"Perhaps he's a bit..scared," Greyback offered while leaning close to nip playfully at Valette's hip at the punctuation of the last word before jolting out of reach playfully to avoid any sort of retaliation.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette squinted her eye a bit as Greyback's response was different than she imagined. "Were you even listening?," she questioned playfully. It seemed that he rather wanted to do something else than talk about their kids. And to be fair they took quite a chunk of their lives. Valette watched as he got closer and then he nipped her hip. She was eager to return that nip but her leg couldn't really support her full weight yet.

However, she was not going to let herself being beaten and she jumped forward on three legs. She hopped forward and managed to give him a nip in his butt. She liked his booty. She was not as good on three legs and stumbled. She rolled over dramatically on her back before bursting out in laughter. She felt so clumsy and silly. She glanced at Greyback. "I love you," she spoke with a hum.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The man glanced behind to see Valette wobbling, her frame unsteady as she tried to, sadly, hop after him. Normally he would have been concerned for her, but at that moment she was smiling. And he-well, Greyback was too caught up in the moment. He only stopped to let her catch up, and when she did, he earned a sharp nip on his butt which surprised him. Never would he have imagined Valette would nip at his BUTT.

His tail wagged despite the surprise, and with his own dramatic fall, landed next to Valette before bursting out laughing with her. His own voice rumbling and intertwining with hers as it carried across the area. This felt... nice. Good. It was perfect. They were perfect.

He turned on his side to gaze at her with a lazy expression, and when those three words slipped from her lips, the mammoth was quick to chuckle. "I think we have a problem," Rolling up to stand over her, his frame caging her in, he bent down to whisper in her ear like a kid exchanging secrets. "Because I love you too."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette loved this moment. She was keen on these moments they had for themselves. Them having children was fantastic but it made her cherish these moments even more. The female slowly had her smile fade when he stepped over her and spoke of a problem. She didn't want problems, they had enough to deal with. She sighed in relief when the other whispered that he loved her too. "That is not a problem!," she returned to him and gave him a playful lick.

She leaned back, her hazel green eyes looking up at him. She loved how he was so big and strong. She couldn't help but just beam at him. She leaned up and licked his nose. "But I am glad you do," she murmured. She relaxed and turned over to her side. She was so happy with him. Perhaps this was what all the heartbreak was for, so she would have Greyback on her side.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback didn't flinch at the lick. Instead he leaned to return his own, his long tongue painting the side of her face with double the enthusiasm. The sign of affection was usually reserved towards the kids, but he now decided that Valette too deserved a bath.

Turning and sitting down for a more comfortable position, the large man let out a snort and placed a leg over Valettes shoulders, ankering her down so she could continue having a bath.  If she asked anything he didn't say any words to her. He didn't feel the need to. All he felt was to lay there, against her, and shower her in a ton of drooly kisses.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette hummed as Greyback licked her in return. She expected him to back off but he continued licking her. The female relaxed under his paw and let out a happy grunt. She really liked being groom by Greyback. She felt extremely loved when he did that. Often when they had a meal, or she was covered in blood in places she couldn't reach that were the moments that she loved having a mate.

Valette wouldn't deny that she loved being fussed over. All these years alone suffering hardbreaks made her independent but that didn't mean she moved these moments where someone would preen over her instead. She stretched happily, clearly enjoying Greyback's shower of drooly kisses.