Stone Circle galaxies
201 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Some time had passed since That Day. 

Leta was young enough to not remember it well, but old enough where the impression of it lingered. She was not so bold and so certain as she once was, and lingered by her mother and her fathers side even when her brothers rushed ahead as they encountered new things. Leta had not spoken much either, since then—she listened. It was clear that she was understanding things being said when she was asked to do something; she had not listened once, and what had happened was... 

She could not really remember. Try though she might, she could not conjure the memory. It was boxed away, bound tightly within. It lingered in different ways, though—she would flinch when anyone reached for her (without realizing it), and she avoided participation in her siblings rough-housing. She had tried, once, but her jarring reaction of teeth-filled terror was enough for everyone to understand it was not for her. 

Leta was feeling better, now, physically. The invisible wounds upon her psych were never really present except perhaps through her consistent silence, but this night there was a shift. As she often did, she sat beneath the open night sky. She was learning some about them, and they were her constant companions. It was then one streaked across the sky, and she rose to all fours, head tilting right. Several more followed after, and Leta gasped. Mommy! Daddy!!! NewtWestClay!!! Look! The stars! The stars are falling!!!! She could hardly look away, and she was uncertain what this meant—was it bad? Was it good? Was it normal?
The round boy had been slumbering peacefully, often favoring daytime to night. Sometimes he followed his sister's gaze to the stars, he couldn't help but wonder how so many of them got up there, but he left the stargazing usually to Leta. It wasn't until her cries roused him from his comfy place beside his father.

Slowly blinking awake he would traverse towards the den entrance on sleepy legs to look up at these falling stars, and sure enough, the streaking lights caught his eye. It was pretty, but also a bit scary. Why were they now falling from their home? Right as he though only more would join them, several were drifting down at fast speeds. If he blinked he would surely miss it. Why are the stars falling? Stars are supposed to be in the sky.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
There are often nights where Newt stays awake, curled next to Leta as she watches the night sky. The brother wonders what she sees up there, that he cannot. Yet, typically he ends up falling asleep, snoozing from energy spent during the day. Unlike those times, however, the uncertainty filling Leta's voice beckons the boy from his slumber.

He awakens, startling with muscles tensing across his body and a snort that sounds partly like a snore. Newt lifts his head, glancing towards his sister in alarm before he turns to what had captured her attention. It has been awhile since he heard her voice with such emotion, and now, he knows why.

Above, there are streaks flying across it. Glowing brightly, and Newt's eyes widen. His jaw unclapsing to stare agape in surprise and wonder. He does not feel danger, not yet at least.

Wow, he whispers softly under his breath.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
cameo. You can skip me! Unless she is needed.

Valette lifted her head when she heard Leta's voice. At first she thought something was wrong but when she popped her head out of the den she realized that Leta had been excited about something! Valette looked up as well. "My momma taught me that when you see a falling star you can make a wish." She smiled down at her children, perhaps they would have some good wishes. Valette was glad to see her daughter happy and excited. This was a good sign that she was healing mentally as well!
201 Posts
Ooc —
Newt stirred around her, and West was swift to respond, too, while the meteors continued to streak downward. The shower would continue for some time more, and Leta did not know what to make of it. It was then their mother spoke, and Leta's bright eyes broke from the sky long enough to look to her before looking back. 

A wish??? Leta squint at the sky as she tried to think of one. There were so many possibilities! Leta stood on all fours and antsily pranced in place, and then she looked to West. What's your wish???? Leta looked to Newt and pressed, What's yourrrs? Leta felt that she knew her own wish; moments beneath the stars with her family, surrounded by their warmth. Forever and ever. But that felt selfish, and her mind already sought something better—something more for them.
"when you see a falling star you can make a wish."

You could make a wish. Leta seemed to burst at the seams at the idea, quickly pressing into his face questioning him. What did he want to wish for? Food often made him happy, his only real goal currently was to be like his dad. Greyback always seemed cool to him. Maybe he should wish to be smart like Newt... actually...

I wish...I wish I had a hobby like you or Newt! He recalled his conversation with Aerasha. Both Newt and Leta had something that made them happy, food was nice and all, but he can't eat 24/7, nor did he want to. He wrestled with clay, but the boy had noticed that most of the adults didn't seem to play. So if he can't eat and he can't play for a past time, he really just wanted some activity or hobby. Leta had her furs, Newt had his rocks. What could he have?
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads