Mudminnow River good lord, show me the way
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Private 
for @Flicker -- other tags for mention; hope mild PP is fine. set morning of September 7

She left @Anansi and @Sakhmet tucked away in a quiet, cozy part of the fern grove nearby, intending to find some prey for them all by or within the nearby river. It was a muddy place and didn't give her much to hope for; the ripple of fish beneath the clouded surface, however, seemed to belie the initial appearance of the stream.

Recalling with mingled humor and sorrow her fishing lessons with Rokig (where had he gone? would she see him again?) at Undersea, Maegi sat near the bank, looking down. Watching, waiting. The reeds around her caught the breeze and rustled, whispering things she'd never understand.

Was this what the daedra sounded like to those without belief?

A catfish drew close, and she plunged her muzzle beneath the surface, searching for its meat with snapping teeth. Maegi snapped her head up empty-jawed, cursing under her breath as murky water ran down her face and neck, staining her snowy pelt. An exercise in patience, this was. . .patience she'd never really learned to have.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She'd managed to get some real help but would walk with a limp. Some muscle was cut by the damn raccoon and was now fused back together but tighter, not ideal. Her stride in her left leg was shorter, but shouldn't be too troublesome. Maybe when she was hunting again, but she'd work with it.

She moseyed out, scouting to the river the winded behind the Creek. It was wet and chilly but her winter coat was coming through now. She should be fine, it wasn't like she intended to go in the water. 
A splash, larger than a fish could be, caught her attention. Her eyes scanned through the veil of fog, searching for somebody in the water.
Her nose twitched.

Did she smell Maegi?
Her brows furrowed, suddenly not caring. What if she'd fallen in? Something twisted inside her. Was she really that bad of a wolf to not help? She would have cut the woman down. No. She would have made her give up the woods if Damien didn't stop her. It was what he had wanted. She might've stuck around if Ramsey hadn't had been so standoffish.

"Who's there?" She called out, at last, her face impassive but evidently annoyed. 
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Who's there?

The voice was all-too familiar, and Maegi felt herself stiffen at the sound of it, not moving a muscle—save her mouth, which twitched with myriad emotions. . .anger, disgust, wry amusement. . . Peryite, she finally answered coldly, straightening (but not turning, yet).

All she cared about at this point was keeping the woman away from her children. Whatever Flicker had to say or do to her, Maegi thought she could handle it. And if not, well. . .

They'd be away and off to Blackfeather Woods within the hour. Fuck this traitor.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
That voice.
That fucking voice.
She snorted, walking towards the source. She wasn't bothered, Maegi wasn't a fighter and she wasn't in the best of states.

"What are you doing, snooping here?" She questioned. Why had she come so close to her new home now, once she'd just joined their ranks? "Spying? Like a typical Melonii?" As far as the woman was concerned, that's what they did. Her voice didn't hold scorn, just question. She looked at the pale pelt of her former friend, moving around into eye-line. Her brow raised, expecting an answer quickly. Denial of some sort. Anger perhaps, of being clumped together with Damien and those who followed him.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She felt all of those emotions and more flood her senses, her entire being, but kept her frustration in check. It would do no good to be broken down by Flicker; it was just what the woman wanted. Slowly, Maegi turned to face the ruddy woman, eyes devoid of feeling.

You'd know more about the typical Melonii than I would, she retorted, lifting her chin. I personally don't associate myself with that part of the family. . .but they fell apart anyway, right? So. . .

Flicker had looked better. Maegi gave her the once-over, taking in her appearance and the new scent that cloaked her pelt, before returning her gaze to her once-friend's face. If you must know, I'm looking for a missing packmate, she added, casual as anything. She wouldn't mention it was her son. Flicker didn't need to know that.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She nodded in agreement. One of the things they saw eye to eye on. 
Her family had departed and fought when it needed to be together; she was one of the main problems, she had to admit. That was the past, she'd not see Cinders or Mor again. Right?

It seemed strange she was out here herself.
The Alpha wouldn't search alone unless it was kin. Her gaze narrowed, glancing about. Was Ramsy lurking? Mou even?
"Which one was it this time? Mou or your brother? Or are you really leaving Blackfeather again?" Her looks were as critical as her words. She knew Maegi had a history of deserting the woods for whatever reason. Whenever she left she got hurt -- if it were Flicker she wouldn't bother. 
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi snorted, finally letting the cracks in her patience show. What the fuck is your problem, Flicker? she demanded, tail lashing behind her. I gave you so much. A home, a friend, lessons about my gods. And you thanked me by going and joining my psychotic uncle and trying to steal that home from under my nose. She was incredulous as she stared at the woman, head cocked.

And now here you are, being nasty for no reason—I don't get it! Her lips curled upward, revealing the hidden row of teeth to match the ruined side. What the hell did I ever do to you? What did I ever do besides help you? I trusted you, Flicker! And you return that trust by throwing it all in my face!

The ice queen was gone, replaced by the more fervent Maegi that had been with her since birth. Perhaps one day she'd learn to stay stoic in the face of ridiculousness. . .but today was not that day. (And those who knew her well would figure that day might never come.)
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman blinked. There, she'd laid it all bare. Finally, every thought that had passed through the Melonii's head spat out at her.
And she was right.
What did Flicker want other than to sow chaos wherever she trod?

"You left, while Relmyna and her kids faced winter. Wintersbane and I couldn't help enough." I failed. 
"All you Melonii are crazy. Look at your past, look at what has happened." Why it had all happened, Flicker thought it was Melonii shit. She didn't want to deal with them anymore. She saw something imperfect and wanted it dismantled. Gone.
Erased.

She knew the woman wanted it changed, but could a Melonii really, truly change?
"I did it for myself, I was selfish. Besides, your brother was a piece of shit." She was under the guise of spy, but perhaps there could have been a change of heart. A will to want to go back. But of course, she still wanted blood. 
And she had evidently got it.

A soft sigh fluttered from her and found her self unable to look into the eyes, look at the macabre face.
"I'm sorry."
Her eyes stared hard at the ground as remorse fucked her over. 
She thought she was doing right -- truly knew she wasn't -- she wanted the power she was once promised and had snatched from her.
Her tongue ran over the broken stub of tooth, a reminder of her entrance here.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
This old argument, again. You think— she tried to butt in, but Flicker kept on going. Crazy?! Talk about pot and kettle. And then she threw the barb about Ramsay her way, and it was all Maegi could do not to launch herself at the woman's throat right then and there.

Nothing stopped her but the children. Not diplomacy, not manners, not any sort of extraordinary foresight for actions and consequences. Nothing but the knowledge that Anansi and Sakhmet needed her back to them, safe and soon.

You're the piece of shit, Maegi retorted, ignoring the apology. My brother has more class and honor in one paw than you ever will as a whole. She let that sit for a moment, then continued. You're right—you are selfish. And by the way, you don't have to keep bringing up me leaving the forest last winter. . .I've punished myself enough for that already.

She shook her head slowly, exasperated. How had it come to this? Once she'd thought they could be best of friends—that Flicker could be among her closest allies, like Cassiopeia and Moonshadow. It couldn't be any more different than that, where they stood now.

Best case scenario is I never see you again, she said, voice returning to its iciness of before. I hope you can live with the choices you've made. Fucking friends over isn't exactly the life I'd choose for myself, but. . . Her mouth curved in a smile without warmth. Guess that's just me. Crazy Melonii.

If the woman was done, Maegi would turn to leave. She had a feeling, though, that this might not yet be over.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She listened, not really registering the words. They couldn't hurt if she didn't let them in.
She wasn't the smartest, clearly. She felt empty. Maybe that was the effect of truly letting go of something that clung to your feelings like oil.

She stared at the ground still as if she could make the water run from the soil and dry up the area. At least a slither of satisfaction slithered in about her punishing herself. She knew the girls weren't there still, likely pushed out.
Where could they go?

"Then I suggest you don't come back this way unless it's for a very good reason."
Her glare shifted to the pale woman. This was her end now and knew most packs didn't like Blackfeather. They still wouldn't, going under the same name despite different intentions.
And the last comment didn't ring exactly true. She fucked her over, not the other way around.
She moved, turning to face Maegi fully.
Her ears forward, tail raised.

Then moved past her.
She didn't want to see or hear of her again.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi rolled her eyes at Flicker even presuming to tell her what to do or where to go, but left the jab unanswered. Instead, she watched the woman walk away, gaze pressed coldly into the retreating figure. Only when she was relatively sure that her once-friend was headed away from the grove and not toward it did she retreat a short distance. . .and then stopped.

Damn it. She hadn't even caught a fish, and now she was too angry to contemplate attempting to snare one.

With a sigh, she padded toward the riverbank and crouched down, staring beneath the surface of the gently-flowing river. However Flicker made her feel, she wouldn't let it get to her so much. At least not enough to impede her hunting. She wouldn't return to the ferns without a fat, sleek trout in her jaws, and that was that.