Whitefish River BWP · out of control
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
Referencing the nearby shake(s) in Haunted Woods & Sunspire Mountains.

An average, uneventful day takes a turn. Eve is patrolling the northwestern border when suddenly he is on edge. Something is off, and his instincts to fight or flee rises in his chest. Round ears swerve atop the bearish Count's raised head. His fur bristles, fluffing around his already impressive bulk until he appears even larger. Moments later, the birds abruptly take to the sky in a flurry of screechs... and then the noise. From underneath, the earth growls. A beast larger than Evergreen has ever experienced. He is frozen stiff, feeling the ground itself quake as if a great beast has a woken from its slumber.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Emrik had felt antsy for the last few days, and uneasiness settling in his stomach. He wasn't sure why, and he had chalked the feeling up to paranoia, keeping his thoughts to himself. But the tremor beneath his paws pulled guilt from his chest. Something wasn't right.

He had been on his way to one of the caches to grab something for Speedy when he found Evergreen's scent. His unease flourished into fear, and he felt the need for reassurance. "Evergreen." Emrik called softly as he came up beside the man. "What was that?" He was afraid to raise his voice any higher, that any slight disturbance would bring the roar of the unknown back upon them.

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
He had been tending to a small cache, and then stopped off at another to fix himself a small remedy for his snout, when the quake drifted through the land. It was far enough away that the slight tremble of the earth didn't really affect him; however, when the birds took flight and the sky darkened with their bodies, he did pause and watch them.

The movement of someone through his periphery roused a glance, and then Firefly thought he could make out quiet voices. He decided to quickly cover up the cache where he'd been tending his wound and seek out the strangers - coming upon a greying stranger next to a concerned looking behemoth. Firefly twisted an ear from one wolf to the other as he listened, but paused and resumed watching the sky in silence until the quiet descended.

Something had disturbed the surroundings and all he could think was, what was it Nettle used to say about flocks of birds and omens...?
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Her paws carried her along the border with purpose and energy, but she would come to a quick halt as the ground grew unstable. It wasn't enough to really affect her, but it was something unusual. The only time she's felt the earth shake was back in Easthollow.

Occasionally the bison traveled as a stampede, more often than not if they were hunting. The thousands of footfalls were enough to make the ground roar, but this somehow seemed different. There was no way those lumbering beasts came this far, why would they leave the valley?

In the distance, she could hear chatter and the scent that wafted her way told her it belonged to Kaistleoki wolves. She moved swiftly to catch up, three coming into view. Needless to say they looked confused too. Perhaps large beasts roam somewhere nearby. I've felt tremors like this in hunts back in Easthollow.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the thundering of the earth was enough to draw her back towards the borders at a quick lope, tail curled high and ears roving quickly atop her crown, uneasy. she hadn't been far, and stumbles across the little group just as Ira finishes speaking. for a moment, she is silent as she catches her breath, but shakes her head. "herd couldn't have done this. besides, there are none large enough in the area." briefly, she thinks back to what she'd seen in the vale. the thought is dismissed, for not even she is certain of the credibility of what she'd seen. "perhaps coming in the mountains - a collapse, that we felt from here." she'd seen rock collapses, landslides, on a smaller scale before.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Emrik is the first to find him, and it is with his presence that the Count feels comforted—although too quick is he to try and hide the fear that wishes to consume him. It will do the pack no good if one of their leadership quivers at the slightest hint of a problem.

Sir Emrik, he greets, I… uh, don’t know, to be honest. I’ve never felt something like that before. His eyebrows dip, round ears swerving in the direction of their hidden company (Firefly) when he hears rustling. He is distracted by the appearance of Ira, and then Dawn… both bring to the table possibilities.

A herd of large beasts, a mountain collapsing…

Although they give him an idea of what to look for, both sound far from pleasant to deal with. Welcome back, Miss Dawn, he says first, because he is relieved to see her uninjured—and would have been worried to restlessness if she hadn’t appeared with these rumbles about.

Maybe we should look for possible damage?
Working on wrapping up current threads!
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He couldn’t help but hope that Ira was right, the idea of large game a much more inviting prospect then what his imagination was conjuring up. Although Dawn was quick to dismiss that idea. Emrik looked between the company that now surrounded him. Having grown-up in a more arid and flatter climate he was honestly at a loss for what could have possibly made such a sound.
Nodding along with Evergreen’s suggestion, “Sounds like a plan to me.” He was glad to find his packmates had such sure heads on their shoulders. A smile graced his lips, glad to be in good company despite the fears his imagination was trying to prey on.

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}