Ghost Lion Crag i will not let my future go on without the help of my soul
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus fell silent as wraen spoke, confiding that she too, did not have all the answers. it was a strange sort of consolation, that -- knowing someone older, and far wiser, had not sorted all the pieces together either.. arcturus felt the tension he held in his body leaving as he sighed again. he did not think his ideas or dreams would change -- but who knew?

it was fun to keep going. or maybe fun was not the word for it, for arcturus. maybe it was that he had to keep going. there was no other alternative.

he met wraen's earnest gaze in full, quailing somewhat from the intensity of it. he had not learned much in that moment except for heartbreak, but seeing wraen take all his problems and sort them out, easy as pie -- it made him realize, maybe he needed that age and that wisdom she had.. it all seemed to come so easy for her..

he did not like where her speech went, however. it hurt, to hear her suggest there was something lacking in the 'spear. that he craved something his home could not provide. just like that, the tenderly opened flower that was arcturus' vulnerability clapped shut -- he did not want it to, but it did all the same.

"i'm not leaving my home." arcturus countered thickly, feeling at once oddly numb, and oddly overwhelmed. something within him told him to stop caring, to just give up. it didn't make any sense to him, this callous world he lived in. he had just done something he had dreamed of doing for months -- and he felt like absolute shit after the fact. none of it made any sense to the mountaineer, least of all, how the stranger had just wanted brief interaction and no contact.

to him, it felt a hollowed out victory -- and he would not forget that sensation for some time.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread