Sun Mote Copse Night on earth.
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh felt a bit guilty, and awkwardly so when Towhee decided to chastize her about 'living in sin' when she herself had gone off and during her heat, had mated with...How many? And who? And did she even know their names? But...Towhee had an excuse, and Niamh knew it. Towhee wanted to have children. Of course, she could have simply chosen one of them and made them her baby-daddy...But on the off chance that that one particular male was less fertile than the others...She'd done as much as she could, pairing with different partners, so that she had better chances. Towhee got a buy-out, in that concern...But it was a pity that she needed one. Niamh wished, and had wished so very hard that things could have been different- and that Towhee could have gotten exactly what she wanted. So she kept her trap shut, knowing that to accuse Towhee of doing the same thing...Was the wrong thing to do. Because for Towhee, it was a matter of increasing her chances, and Niamh was completely supportive of her friend doing whatever she could to have children. 

She didn't like that Towhee was being critical of her decision to have more children, and she felt that some of it might have come from jealousy. Perhaps Towhee was disappointed in herself, and jealous of the fact that Niamh could simply go out while in heat, mate once, and probably end up pregnant. She knew that Towhee would have happily taken a life 'living in sin' as long as it meant she could get pregnant...But it hurt Niamh, entitled as she was, knowing that Towhee might have said so, scornfully, because Niamh just happened to have been given something she hadn't done a single thing to earn. She hated herself, in part, for being able to conceive so easily, when her best friend could not. It was a sore point for her, too. And knowing that she could get pregnant- and that she possibly already had- did not come without a huge wave of guilt, and feeling as though she didn't deserve it. But there wasn't much to be done about that. She knew Towhee wouldn't have wanted her to hold back from having children out of solidarity...Right?

There was really no way to know. And it was probably too late for her to turn back now, anyway. 

But then there was the matter of being Towhee's sister, which caused her ears to perk up. "Towhee," She said. "I mean, honestly, that's incentive enough, you know that," She said. "But I can't just like...Marry him just so we get to be sisters," She said, with a small smile. "We can do this, but I don't want to rush into having...Titles and such. We both care a lot about each other, and we both wanna be parents, and I really, really want you to..." She said, but she trailed off. Along with a surge of other emotions, came the enhancement of others, so she shrugged as a lump suddenly rose in her throat. "It's no fair. And I hate myself, and I hate..." She sniffed, and swallowed hard. "God...damn I'm so feh-king emotional right now," She said, tilting her head back to make it easier for her eyes to swallow up the tears that had formed.
Messages In This Thread
Night on earth. - by Towhee - February 04, 2020, 11:09 AM
RE: Night on earth. - by RIP Niamh - February 04, 2020, 01:20 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by Towhee - February 04, 2020, 01:28 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by RIP Niamh - February 04, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by Towhee - February 04, 2020, 02:43 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by RIP Niamh - February 04, 2020, 03:00 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by Towhee - February 04, 2020, 03:06 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by RIP Niamh - February 04, 2020, 03:22 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by Towhee - February 04, 2020, 03:44 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by RIP Niamh - February 04, 2020, 03:56 PM
RE: Night on earth. - by Towhee - February 04, 2020, 04:07 PM