Neverwinter Forest Dreamland, I love you
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer

Okay, meeting done. Maybe people asked questions, but Mal hadn't been surprised that the pair hadn't shown up, so he wasn't angry or anything. He was still concerned about them both -- he wasn't sure what healing was supposed to really look like to this degree. So really he could just hope for the best. Maybe he could ask that one guy at Mooonspear if whoever their healer was had any tips or something he could pass on to Mango... Eh. Well, would see what Zeph said and work from there.

So, he needed to come by and check on Zeph and Kratos anyway. He was getting close to where he'd last seen them and called out, Hey, guys -- I didn't forget you. Obviously trying to put a positive spin on things, put a smile on and everything but he was still kinda worried beneath it all. You get your own personal news delivery. He took a look around for where they were settled. Hopefully both of them were feeling better.
thoughts, they are like restless beasts in my head
time, it slowly kills me in my cold bed
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
If only Mal had forgotten about them; the summons for the howl awoke the beast and sadly he’d been on the wrong side of the bed.
Already suffering from a strong case of dreadful boredom and the itch for adventure, Kratos loathes any reminder of his inability to be a normal, functioning wolf. Alas, he would sooner sit and suffer than depart from Zephyr’s side.
Kratos greets Mal with his typical once-over and snort. His expression screams “yippee”, if it drowned and died in sarcasm that is. What glorious news does the Boss have to share with them today?
He feels better than he did, but the feverish fog still hangs over him even as he recovers. He's more lucid today than he'd been yesterday, but even that hasn't been consistent — and unfortunately, Mal seems to have chosen one of his worse moments to visit. He registers his presence belatedly, eyes glossy as he looks up, and misses Kratos's reaction entirely. News delivery? He questions, tone distant. He'd heard the call, of course, but he's already forgotten about it. What happened? His gaze drifts away, jaw clenching as pain shoots through his leg.
common || « french »
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
This also gave him another chance to take a look at how both of them were healing. It seemed like it was taking forever, but dammit, Mal wasn't sure. Look, Mango said he had some background in healing, and Mal kinda did have to just trust him -- that or it was nothing. There was that sort of muddled expression just beneath the surface for a moment before he brushed it away. Still, he tried be a bit upbeat, adding a little faux-offense as he came over and took a seat, Man, do I sound that negative? Nothing new, thankfully. I got everyone together to make sure everyone knew to be careful outside the pack -- between the guy who went after you two and the one who messed with Phillip, word choice because Mal didn't know what if anything Phillip had said to either of them, seemed smart to warn everyone so we don't have it happen again.

And because of that I'm gonna go talk to some of the neighbors over the next few weeks -- even Moonspear -- see if they've had troubles with the same folks. He looked more to Kratos then, I'd love to say we could handle it all ourselves, but if you're our best fighter, I'd rather let them be their bully selves while you heal up. He had another point to make there but he didn't need to bury them under his babbling. But no, he wasn't gonna shut up! He had something else to say, more to Zephyr, I was also gonna see if they'd run into anyone we know -- so see if they'd seen Helios, Alarian for Phillip... Anyone else you want me to ask about? To Kratos, Either of you?
thoughts, they are like restless beasts in my head
time, it slowly kills me in my cold bed
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
He doesn’t know whether he wants to be impressed or irritated that their Boss doesn’t get the hint Kratos doesn’t care to be bothered right now. (When does he ever?) An odd mix of both it is then, although it leans heavy on the “irritated” side.
The news about the shitty people outside the borders seems like a smart idea, but right now Kratos is just upset that it’s two out of three of their original trio that ended up messed up out of everyone else around Neverwinter. Go figure. Zephyr comes here talking about protection when they’d been just fine before, and the moment they’d come close here? All Hell breaks loose.
At the mention of people to find, Kratos lifts his head. For a second, he thinks of a serious answer; of the princess. But it is only a second before he blurts out instead;
Yeah, how about someone who can actually fucking heal? Your guy poisoned us. He’d almost lost Zephyr again, and if he sees the bastard again well… he can’t promise playing nice. After fuming for a beat, he clarifies; Someone to teach me so we don’t have this shit happen again.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Look, Mango had turned out to be a lot less than he'd talked himself up to be. There was only so much Mal could say about it. Yeah well before now I only had a chance to take him at his word -- look, I'm definitely trying to find someone better, but I can't make new recruits with medical experience just pop out of thin air. If I find someone soon, I'll send them over. He couldn't rewind time, he couldn't make Ceilidh show up again...  But if there's nobody else you guys want me to look for, we can deal with the rest when I get back. I'll do what I can.

He dipped his head then. Any other comments? Nothing important. He bid them farewell, said Vallkyrie would be the one to call on in his absence if needed. Hopefully a short trip. Hopefully no major events while he was gone.