Sun Mote Copse seems every castle is made of sand
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus' ears flattened once more as towhee spoke, reiterating a question he had tried to answer, but had failed. "because -- i need help." the ostrega fumbled, never feeling so low as he did in that moment. "because i don't know where else to go --" wraen, where was wraen -- why wasn't she here, saving him from towhee?

a flush of anger rose to his senses - did towhee think he was lying, or making something up? was she even listening (lol..)? his gaze slid to the side, having heard the approach of another. wraen! his heart leapt in his chest, only to realize this was a male with a grouse in his mouth, watching them both suspiciously.

arcturus turned back to towhee helplessly. he was at a total loss of words, and unless she questioned him further he'd be remain silent until wraen arrived. he set his thousand-yard stare to the woodlands, his eyes glassy with shellshocked grief.

arcturus was so overcome with inner turmoil that he didn't notice wraen's limp as she arrived. his ears roared and his mind reeled as he registered it was her at last. he had never been so happy to see her than he was in this moment. wraen's state of undeniable calm set his frayed nerves to a quieter pace, eventually drawing them to an unquiet ease. "wraen --" arcturus rose, his body tense. "i didn't know where else to go," he bit his lower lip, feeling a welt of hot tears sting his gaze. "hydra killed my brother. he --" the beta choked, unable to speak for a moment. "he came to challenge me for my position, and hydra turned on him. it's --" his voice became thick with shuttering grief: "it's all my fault. i shouldn't have fought him, i should have just let him take it. i don't deserve to be a leader anymore."

he had done the worst thing a leader could do: he had let one of his own down, and his own selfish actions had set off a constellation of catalytic events that could not be reversed.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
seems every castle is made of sand - by Arcturus - March 20, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: seems every castle is made of sand - by Towhee - March 20, 2020, 12:29 PM
RE: seems every castle is made of sand - by Arcturus - March 20, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: seems every castle is made of sand - by Towhee - March 20, 2020, 01:07 PM
RE: seems every castle is made of sand - by Arcturus - March 20, 2020, 01:19 PM
RE: seems every castle is made of sand - by Towhee - March 20, 2020, 01:39 PM
RE: seems every castle is made of sand - by Pippin - March 20, 2020, 01:46 PM
RE: seems every castle is made of sand - by Wraen - March 20, 2020, 02:11 PM
RE: seems every castle is made of sand - by Arcturus - March 20, 2020, 02:23 PM