Nimbus Summit I wish that I could just be brave.
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
It probably should have been a compliment to be called a King. It implied that Zephrine might automatically give her more respect if she agreed with the meek female's assumption, but her dislike of the Kingslend wolves was too strong for her to overlook the discrepancy with any amount of grace. "No," She enunciated, though she paused. "I'm a leader, yes. But normal packs don't call female wolves 'kings.'" She said, with the sternness of a middle school teacher who has worked with teenagers for far too long to tolerate nonsense from a pupil. "King is the word for a male ruler, and Queen for the female ruler. But in my pack, we use gender-neutral titles, such as Sovereign and Regent." All was spoken as though the Firebirds' method was superior. She failed to realize, of course, that both packs were technically using a leaderserhip title in much the same fashion- using the same word for a leader regardless of their gender- though the Kingslend wolves had chosen to use a word that Niamh already felt was masculine in its origin, which was what made it confusing and incorrect. 

She didn't expect any of her information to change the woman's outlook, though she figured a bit of education couldn't help- if these wolves were as sheltered as she believed them to be. Cenric had admitted that not many of them had spent much time with wolves, or even associated with wolves outside of their family group, so she was led to believe that they'd been somewhat closeted in their upbringing. 

Still- this one was tolerable, and she even saw fit to apologize for her family, and admitted something that made Niamh's brow raise, and a soft smile tugged at the corner of her lips. "Oh, opinionated they certainly are." She said, and then she sat down, as she was quite willing to discuss this topic further, seeing as the young woman seemed open to at least admitting a bit about her family. "I'd like to know a bit more about your pack's history, if you'd care to tell?" She asked.
Messages In This Thread
I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 17, 2020, 04:36 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 17, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 17, 2020, 05:04 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 20, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 21, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 21, 2020, 01:49 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 21, 2020, 02:09 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 21, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 26, 2020, 05:04 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 26, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 26, 2020, 06:15 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - November 01, 2020, 01:06 PM