Nimbus Summit I wish that I could just be brave.
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh regretted hearing about the fire that had displaced the Kingslend wolves- whether it was because she had some shred of empathy for their situation or if it was because they'd ended up here, so unnervingly close, was a fool's guess. She wouldn't have agreed that it was a mircale, though, that they'd managed to catch up with one another, as she would have strongly preferred the Déorwines remain in fragments, as they'd be easier to deal with that way. Maybe they'd branch out a bit from their own family, too, if they weren't all nestled together in their little hornet's nest- but these were just sour thoughts from a bitter wolf who made everything overdramatic, and who did not like to share.

At first, she found the idea of some supreme being being able to curse and bless individuals somewhat interesting. She nodded as though she understood the contept, and had figured that whatever supreme being it was might pick and choose wolves to bless and curse because of deeds they'd done, using punishments as famine or disease- but instead, Zephrine explained something that had been at the back of Niamh's mind the moment the wolf she knew as 'Coolhorn' had looked at her with such disgust in his eyes. 

A look of shock came over her features when she was informed that pelt colour was the high elk's method of punishing or rewarding wolves. This, to her, made the High Elk seem all the more fickle and vain, and she understood now why the Kingslend wolves might be more inclined to commit incest, with the hopes that their children might have a better chance at being the right colour. It was treachery, and her disgust showed plainly on her features. The poor thing explained how her own looks were unfortunate- and it caused Niamh a great deal of dismay.

"So you're teling me," She said, her voice full of consternation. "You worship an herbivore that would curse innocent children, for the sins of their parents?" She asked. "And your family would judge another wolf by something they had absolutely no control over?" She asked. "I've met a fair amount of your family members and you, by far, are the most beautiful out of all of them- purely by nature alone." She said. "I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you deserve to hear it from someone- your family? They're delusional." She said with a soft growl. "And I hope each and every one of them starts going grey before they even hit three years of age, so they learn to see that pelt colour has abso-fucking-lutely nothing to do with how blessed or cursed you are." She said. She calmed, and shook her head. "Do yourself a favour, girl- leave them, and forget everything they ever taught you."
Messages In This Thread
I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 17, 2020, 04:36 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 17, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 17, 2020, 05:04 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 20, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 21, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 21, 2020, 01:49 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 21, 2020, 02:09 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 21, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 26, 2020, 05:04 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - October 26, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by Zephrine - October 26, 2020, 06:15 PM
RE: I wish that I could just be brave. - by RIP Niamh - November 01, 2020, 01:06 PM