Raven's Watch Black bird? Black Wolf? Black eye!
261 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
@Kigipigak perhaps the spar?

limit of two
since I see a pack might be moving into Raven's Watch
this was planned a bit ago, so OOCly sorry for trespassing,
(Whrist will not be sorry, her personality has no bearing on mine though)
that said Kigipigak first though please

Whrist hadn’t realized she had been outside the pack lands for so long now that her scent was becoming her own again. Hints of the saints scent clung to her especially that of the grandmaster  but she was beginning to relax more, feel like she had when she had traveled alone those many many months. Strange that she was also feeling a little nostalgic for Hideaway Strath.

The black femme paused and looked up to the trees, she had seen those birds that reminded her of her reflection from time to time. But this was such a huge number of them that it gave her pause. She heard a tiny cawing, it sounded like it was coming from the ground. The wraith black female walked to the base of a nearby tree, she found a baby crow chirruping plaintively it's voice only held a hint of the craw that it would have, if it made it to adulthood.  

Whrist grinned down at the bird and licked her lips. She paused as she heard several larger birds Caw loudly from the tree tops. White blue eyes lifted to seek the source of the noise, perhaps she could snap up those pesky birds too.

More cawing from dozens of trees began a cacophony of voices, if there were any other wolves in the area Whirst was about to be ousted.
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Oh my god I am so sorry to have missed this. I will try to prioritize this going forward! @Whrist

His face hurt. His pride too, but Kigipigak did not put too much stock in esoteric concepts such as that. Not yet, anyway. The fresh cut to his eye had caused the skin to swell and his vision to blur. He was fortunate enough to have kept his eye intact despite the brawl at the borders—although he would not be pleased if that seawolf Njord came anywhere near his home again. 

Kigipigak spent a few hours trying to wash his face in the lake, at first plunging his entire face through the cool surface. It would have been easier to find someone to clean out the wound manually and then maybe treat it, but he was too irritated, and wanted to care for it himself. The red stain upon his cheek melted across his cheek and in to the water, dissipating fully by the time he withdrew.

There was movement in the corner of his eye—when Kigipigak made to lift his head he winced, as the muscles along his jaw and neck had gotten stiff and sore. Distantly he could make out the shapes of ravens flocking together. The sound of their calls throughout the forest made him forget about his injury for a moment. It sounded like an alarm—soon the entire canopy was full of the raucous sound of ravensong.

Kigipigak moved from the lake towards the heart of that sound, trying to pinpoint what the birds had spotted. His first instinct was that Njord had come back for a follow-up; perhaps he thought that Kigipigak was out of the way and he could seek out Valmua without issue. The northman was not subtle in his approach, and when he caught sight of the black-bodied wolf he knew his initial assumption was wrong, but it did not matter.

A snarl erupted from him as he threw himself at the stranger, a menacing grimace set upon his face. Kigipigak did not know this wolf and so he would drive them away.
261 Posts
Ooc —
Welcome, no worries. Whrist needs to stick around long enough on the end to grab that fledging she took it as she moved on with other posts. I should have PMed you my tag may not of have worked, my bad too

The sky was darkening slowly with dusk drawing close, it would start to get darker faster now though, the time where Whrist’s pelt would be her best ally.

The black wraith spun at the sound of the snarl, damned birds, giving away her presence, she’d had to exact a toll from them later. Black Hackles raised high and she bared her teeth, she was young enough yet that they glistened stark and striking white in her black maw.

Her white blue’s began the assessment of her aggressor, her blood boiled as the sight of yet another white wolf, she had had enough of the large white brutes though this one was no monster sized Mackenzie valley, she eyed his injury and scar and allowed her gaze to roam his body for a spilt second sizing up his physique.

Her snarl matched his in pitch and volume out of instinct rather then design. She faced him keeping her head low and her body directly behind her, giving him very little to strike for a frontal attack, she hesitated as the crows all snapped their beaks shut and the air was filled only with the sounds to the two of them made.
Take your time, [Image: cd8fe6534b017c725839ace0d9b274b3_w200.webp] Just don't waste mine
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Did some rolls on the Discord (1d10 for success rate, 1d10 for damage):
9/10 success, 2/10 damage done.

The wolf was hefty but he had a few inches on them, not that it mattered as they bowed and postured defensively as soon as Kigipigak was on the scene. He felt his shoulder ram some part of them—his grimace opened wide as he sought to grab at the serration of their black scruff, teeth clicking as he missed his first lunge, then a satisfied rumble contorts his snarls as he sinks his teeth in to skin.

The ravens were their only audience and they were a silent one, almost as if they were judging Kigipigak on his defense of their forest—more likely they were hoping for a swift death to one of the wolves and an easy meal to pick apart.
261 Posts
Ooc —
I made a table top for them I could not figure out discord https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=45877
Success of attack: 2
Damage Done: 3

Whrist went for his throat as he had hers and she instantly knew she’d not get anywhere with that as her teeth grazed off him and when he did make contact with the thickest part of the scruff of her neck. Stressed, she screamed out in her native tongue one she had not used since she had set paw out of that pack land over a year ago “Auk! Suvit?” She then turned her teeth downward and snapped at his ankle; unable to keep a hold she was rewarded briefly with the taste of flesh
**Translation No! What are you doing?
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
She caught Kigipigak by surprise with her shout. He felt the collision of parts between them and then teeth pinching at skin, as she tried to fight him off. The northerner was not about to lessen the severity of his nature; he pressed his weight down as he released her scruff and aimed to sink his fangs closer to her throat - anyone caught so close to the Watch who did not carry Stjornuati's blessing would be subjected to such animosity. Kigipigak had to prove his alliegance and his strength, especially after causing such doubt in his leader of late. With a deep snarl Kigipigak lunged and grappled at the wolf's shoulder - where it met neck - and felt the skin tear.
261 Posts
Ooc —
Success of attack: 3
Damage Done: 7
I'm a say she tore his dewclaw that would account for damage

Whrist roared in pain her maw opened wide as her blood met his tongue and the ground in quick succession. She wanted to go for the bottom of his throat the best grip to end this with the least amount of her blood being spilled but the spot he held her now at the very least gave her a small amount of protect he could not easily get to her vitals, while she still had some sliver of hope. She realized in her attempt for his throat though she would not be able to turn her head without exposing herself. 

Instead she went for his leg again however his shifting hauled his leg away from her grip though not before her canine tooth snagged the spot where his upper claw (the dewclaw) met the leg. Nails/claws and those tendons in that area usually bled alot though not a serious injury it might cause him or her to miss step as blood began to pool below the pair.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
As she tore away from him she ducked and reached for a leg, fumbling in her movements, but managing to grasp at his wrist at an odd angle. Kigipigak used the turn of her body to his own advantage; as she bit and tore at his dew claw he lost a bit of focus (it hurt more than his face wounds had ever burned) and in his retaliatory effort, Kigipigak more effectively fell in to his opponent. His teeth met a mark and bore down - he was blinded by pain and did not know where his bite landed, only pushed through it to grip and shake. He was going to maim this wolf at the very least - and they would know not to come this way again.
261 Posts
Ooc —
whoops serves me right for having two windows open sorry about that in the tabletop thread

She felt him readjust his grip and winced as he grabbed her neck above her shoulder he was slowly pining her the the ground, his weight was far greater then hers her legs shook with the effort of remaining standing but when he began to shake her by the neck she could no longer stand and started to sink to the ground below him becomeing pinned by the back of her neck, so close to her spine she worried he might break her neck.

She might have to give in and beg for her life, but not yet not she’d see if she could turn something to her advantage yet, she could not give in to a white wolf. Never a white one! those pure coated bastards all had to pay for the sins of her sire pack.

As she was slowly pinned, her body fell across his legs and in desperation she grabbed again at the injured leg. If not anything else she wanted to taste his blood and mark him for later death; should she somehow get out of this. She held tight to the wrist of his front leg, there was not much muscle to sink her teeth into but if she got a good hold maybe, just maybe, she could break or if not at least fracture some bone in the leg. The motion of her body as he shook her would now only injure himself further as he injured her in turn.   

Perhaps a stalemate night still be possible, if only she wasn’t underneath his bulk she’d have more bargaining power. She clung to his leg like her life depended upon it, and indeed it might yet.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
My roll:
Success: 4
Damage: 10

The wolf held firm despite all the bites and tears Kigipigak set in to their skin; he was losing ground fast. The blood seeping from his torn dewclaw painted a garish stripe up his leg and around the Watch proper — staining the frosted grass each time he tried to wrestle out of the stranger's grip.

Kigipigak had been in fights before but nothing that held such a dire feeling as this. He was determined to drive this wolf out of the area and defend Stjornuati's chosen home. With each passing moment Kigipigak continued to bleed. He loosed a roar - partially frustration and partially an attempt to intimidate the dark body latched upon his wrist - and pulled back, rather than forcing his weight forward as he had been previously.

Hoping it would surprise and destabilize the stranger enough to thwart their efforts (or free him of their grasp) Kigipigak pivoted as best he could and then lunged again, snapping mostly at air until he felt fur and skin collide with his cheek; when he turned to slice at the dark hide of the interloper this time his aim was tremendously crooked - but he tasted blood and felt a sense of righteousness in the connection.
261 Posts
Ooc —
Whrist rolled a one therefore it’s a miss and her hit of 5 does not count.
Thank’s for the spar
she will be fading to black here since it is not possible for her to win at this point and the opportunity presented itself for a getaway.

I’m adding a clip in this post to explain why she will not be reacting to wounds from this post in her proceeding closed ones. It hope it’s not too strange
Perhaps we could RP again sometime, :)

Her white blue eyes fell upon the ground not five feet from the bloody mess she and this white brute were creating, was the fledgling bird, it was trying to pretend it didn’t exist in hopes that the two apex predators would also believe it didn’t exist. The thing barely breathed, it seemed an odd thing to focus on in the middle of a fight for her life but time had seemed to almost slow, she had moments to decide how she was going to get free or kill the other wolf, and from her place below his fang and beneath his body that didn’t look possible.

The world snapped back to focus as the upon her weight began to lift, surprised, she took full advantage, she dropped any hold she had and bolted out from below his weight. As she bolted toward the fledgling since that was the direction she had been staring the brute snagged the ruined flesh of her neck tearing a line from the side of neck to the nape between her shoulder blades tearing open the parting gift from Kynareth Deagon

Whrist snapped up the fledgling in her jaws, finding herself unable to swallow due to the pain. The stressed animal rested in the back of her throat. She kept running leaving behind a trail of blood and the white wolf. Promising herself she’d return for a pound of his flesh, especially if any of her flesh scarred and caused her pelt to turn white in any place.

Leaving Raven’s watch and her dignity behind, the black femme darted and she did not slow, still unable to swallow her minuscule prize; she noted the thing did not move, not even to free itself, still pretending to not exist.
She wondered if pretending these wounds did not exist in the slightest would work. She would not even walk as if she were stiff. Though she knew if she could not even swallow a tiny bird she would be stiff tomorrow.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,189 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
This was fun! :)

Kigipigak should have kept himself wedged in place, pinning the wolf, but he was dizzy and disoriented; so as he withdrew and pulled at them, they saw their one chance to escape and took it. He tried to give chase - the kind of immediacy one might expect of a dog in pursuit of a squirrel - and faltered as his wounded wrist strained. He could not keep up; the stranger hurried away from him and left an obvious trail in their wake, but Kigipigak would not follow. He had to tend to his wounds lest he bleed out right there.