Alpine Lake spinning round as we circle the drain
ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴsᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇ
66 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
All Welcome 
lakhos couldn't have told anyone what had possessed him to go climbing up the slope. it had been in a fit, a pissed off rampage that he had failed to catch a hare that had sent him skyward along twisting, rocky trails. at least the wind had swept a fair portion of the snow off of them, though truth be told he didn't need to at first be reminded that most of it had gone right off an edge to the great below.
man, if that fox he had seen could see this, would he have jumped? probably. it was the only thought he spared for the creature—to remember more would have probably lit another fire under his ass to be mad about. still, the coywolf kept that edging as far away from him as he could, which as he had climbed turned into a greater, and greater distance.
and then he had reached the summit of a sort.
it wasn't until he had hit the ice that he even knew there was a lake up there. sure, he had seen the little pockets and patches of ice poking through where the snow had drifted off. he had avoided them, or so he thought. but the sound of his chin smacking the ground when he had slipped did more than just rattle his peabrain around. it hadn't made a noise to the outside world, but to lakhos it was the loudest thing he had ever heard.
and he had heard some pretty loud shit.
in his brief daze, he had clambored back up onto his feet and kicked at the snow that had betrayed him. this too almost sent him back to the ground, but the coywolf hung on for dear life and stayed upright; it was reason enough to get off the goddamn lake before he went plummeting through it.
so he sought refuge in the brush, finding a narrow swath of trees to keep his hide from completely blowing away in the wind. the snow had lightened up considerably over the last two days he recalled, but even as night fell the clouds were coming to snatch the stars away from him too.
this place sucked, just like the last ten places he had seen.
winter sucked. life sucked. he wanted to mope and stew in a vat of fiery complaints, but even that was more of a drain on his energy than he was willing to let happen. so in a very unappealing heap as he tucked his nose into his tail on the cold ground, in his little dent made in the snow, he huffed. and his stomach growled nosily, adding insult to injury.

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
It has taken him days to get out here due to the horrid snow storm that seems never ending. He’s not really cold, his dense coat prevents him from being cold, but lord is he exhausted. The energy it takes to trudge through elbow deep snow is too much and he doesn’t have time for it. 

Yet, he finds relief when the lake comes into view. Though a light thudding noise is heard, Kynareth’s squinting his eyes at the sudden noise. Wasting no time trotting up to the mostly frozen lake. 

It’s too quick he notices paw prints in the snow and eventually he decides to sniff them out. Not bothering to be quiet, he moves to where the bush is, seeing a coyote. He knows not that they’ve got some wolf blood in them, all he thinks is coyote. 

“Come out from your hiding place, coyote.” He demands in a low, bur casual hum. He can count on two or more paws the amount of coyotes he’s killed and it makes him smile deviously.
261 Posts
Ooc —
Sliding in to take the second slot, thanks for the chance to meet a new toon :D

The Black Wraith wanted to find a hiding hole out here and stay there until her anger cooled as much as the snow cooled the earth, though that was unlikely.

Her dark paws shoved snow aside with each step as she pushed forward yet kept the packlands to her right, she had had left the pack land and gone to the every far edge of the Tuktu Hinterlands but had not left, even though she wanted to run and keep going, her heart held her back, she was so angry. Angry at herself, Livid at the white wolves in the pack, and disgusted at her lack of commitment to any plan of action.

She stood on the brink of the Alpine Lake and stared into the distance her heart heavy and her paws heavier, with a sigh she turned back toward the strath when she heard a odd chuff chuff noise in the distance her light blues landed on a hare came bounding toward her; panic in it’s eyes. Finally a smile graced her lips and her and she lay down pinning her ears to her head she wanted to appear as much like a log as she could.

The hare bounded so close to her it seemed like the hare had been planning to use the perceived log as a hidey hole, but must have caught wind of the predator. This didn’t bother her at all the hare was close enough. The she wolf lunged and snapped the Hare up in one graceful fluid motion crushing the things neck and shoulders. In it’s death flails it’s dagger like claws slashed the underside of her chin drawing blood before the creature lay still in her maw.

Her blood mingled with the Hare’s upon the snow as she trotted toward the lake with her meal, She heard a familiar rumble and her orbs narrowed if only briefly, she did not baulk she trotted toward the male, her Grandmaster to be precise, He was speaking to… Her paws brought her around closer to him.. a bush?

The black wraith stood a good 10 feet back from the bush and the wolf dog hybrid, the blood from her jaw and the rabbit coated her legs, though only visible in the fact the snow that touched her came away red. She waited quietly watching to see just what was going on here.  She didn’t want to announce herself just yet if she could just watch him for a while.
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She knew he worried about leaving her behind, given that a good part of the pack had nothing but ill feelings towards her. She didn't particularly care, though, and would have reminded him that she was capable of taking care of herself, but instead, she had accepted his invitation to accompany him on his scouting mission—the thought of having some time for just the two of them, away from the pack drama, was too enticing to pass up. Plus, she much preferred his company anyway.

They had been separated just long enough for her to check the perimeter of the lake for anything suspect. They were both tired and needed to rest, but the visibility through the snow and wind was terrible, and she wanted to check things out before settling down somewhere. 

Finding nothing of real interest, she doubled back and, picking up Kynareth's scent, tracked him to where he had stopped near the frozen lake. It looked like he had found something. She trotted forward, rubbing against him as she came to stand beside him. It was then that she saw Whrist, but she offered her only a cold, brief stare before focusing on whatever her husband was trying to coax out.
Inuttuk
Common
ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴsᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇ
66 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
he really couldn't catch a break it seemed. just when he thought he was starting to get a little bit comfortable to rest and quit his own moping, he had new reasons to be frustrated to fuel it all. he tried hard at first to ignore the heavy footfalls of someone approaching and honestly he really hoped that they wouldn't want to investigate enough to find him.
but really, he should have known better.
really.
the tone of voice he heard may have been completely casual but the intent felt everything but; his eyes opened to blearily survey through the twist of brush and bramble alike to find a face peering through them. almost snub-nosed like a revolver and surprisingly, the face that he saw and drew into focus was definitely not that of a wolf. interesting.
and then he processed what was being said—namely, what he was called.
holy shit, he said, also realizing that more steps were approaching. fuck. but he forged on ahead with notes of disbelief working their way in. did you just call me a coyote?? like for real??
that didn't change the fact that he was definitely in a precarious situation, and one that he was already, immediately, trying to extradite himself from. one wolf-whatever was bad enough, but he definitely had heard more even if he couldn't see them. and he was pretty sure that he hadn't inadvertantly put himself in the lion's den of someone's home... which meant he was probably facing a prospective hunting party.
good for them, but bad for lakhos, who was by far much smaller than the behemoth of a hybrid watching him. he unfurled slightly, letting a yawn betray the fact that he felt just the slightest bit of panic eking its way in. it was not the time, but his brain was another story altogether.
i gotta say, i have been puttering around this place for who knows how long and so far i think you're the only one who's gotten it halfway right. these yokels think i'm so big-earred wolf—but i ain't. he wasn't really fully a coyote either, but he wasn't about to argue. the other coyote who had gotten it right didn't matter right now either.
he kept talking a mile a minute, stalling as much as he was trying to figure out a better way to assess the situation he was presumably in.
i'll definitely come out because i wanna see what you are, but i gotta figure out how the hell i got in here in the first place. shimmed my little way in, you see, he went on. i mean, if you're a wolf—which seems to be the trend here—then i haven't seen someone like you before. i mean, i'm not entirely a coyote either, i'm just a mutt, but you can't tell anyone anything around here. they don't listen, and he kept talking, finding an avenue to slip towards. it wasn't silent.
they were gonna eat him alive, he was sure of it.

pls forgive this, i literally have had two hours of sleep in the last 50hrs and i don't know what i'm doing with my life
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
LOLL you’re okay. That was still a rly good post. Mine would’ve been like 50 words if I only two hours of sleep Lol.

Kyn watches this coyote-wolf thing with hardly concealed interest. His face becomes anything but alert as Donovan listens to the other trip over his own words with that interesting accent of his. His expression becomes humorously deadpan. Allowing him to ramble, Donovan steps back a few paces in an attempt to make this stranger feel less threatened. Which might or might not work. 

Still, he raises a cream brow and a smirk begins to form on his boxy snout. “Alright, alright, calm down.” He chuckles easily. “I’m in a good mood today, so I won’t be eating you. What brings you out here?” He inquires with a good natured, but somehow slightly taunting, tilt of his massive head.
261 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry so short guys

Her gaze was gentle as it focused on the male hybrid, but another came up upon them, her footsteps less then stealthy in the snow or she just wasn’t thinking about it, Whrist was always thinking about quiet. Every step she had ever made was purposefully and silent. Her eyes became stoney as she returned the glower that was given by Simmik. Then she was pointedly ignored by the white female which was almost worse. Her teeth crushed down on the hare hanging from her jaws just a bit tighter, until a cracking of bone and the squeak of fur in the teeth could be heard. Whrist had to forcefully loosen her jaw before she bit the hare in two.

She had half a mind to leave right then, However the jostling of the bush drew her eyes, apparently her grandmaster wasn’t going insane, though she had half wished that were so then she could pass off this white bitch as temporary insanity. She could barely make what the thing in the brush was saying but there was a lot of words a lot of movement and a lot of wasted time.  Her eyes were now riveted to the brush she just wanted to see whom or what it was in there.