Blackwater Islands I swear, I knew just what to say
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Private 
Bridget hadn't seen Maegi since she'd said goodbye to her husband and disappeared. She didn't judge her for cutting out and leaving this place behind, but there was bitter irony to it. Of course she'd find valerian shortly after.

Regardless of if she was there or not, Bridget had made her a promise and intended to keep it. She'd do what she could for @Harka.

Despite the danger of his fever passing, she still stayed there with him. Her presence seemed to keep him calm, to a point, and she'd honestly missed having someone next to her. Even if she'd never see him in the same light she'd seen Teya, and even if he was no true replacement, there was mutual benefit to be gained.

She'd already stashed the herbs within and now returned carrying water. It would be easier for him to take them in it, she figured, and the taste wouldn't have him immediately spitting them out. I have something new we are going to try, alright? Something better. I hope. She wanted to get him off of the drugs they'd kept him on, but she had a feeling the calming effects were what was needed. Hopefully this would be enough to mitigate whatever demons he had claiming him.

makin some assumptions, I'll get an aw or two up later today as well! <3
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
After being returned to his bed, he had slept for what felt like days. The medicine that the other druids had been dosing him with began to wane and when Bridget arrived, saying she had something better, he was more lucid.

The fever was gone. So was the spectre that had come upon him in the caves, intent to take his life.

In his mind he had fought against death incarnate - it wore his wife's face, which was appropriate given that she had been dead a long while. A trick, then. An effort to thieve what little he had left of himself.

He would not allow it.

Harka felt his stomach turn as he looked at this pile of leaves, and then to the water that Bridget had carried, dubious of everything.
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She noticed immediately that there was actual recognition in the look he gave her, and it was the first time she'd seen that expression. She smiled immediately. You're looking better. That wasn't exactly a feat when she'd been having to help him with practically everything these past weeks - eating, drinking, keeping the area and his fur clean so that further sickness wouldn't visit. But she'd half-expected he'd stay locked completely away in his mind forever.

This will help. But it won't make you sleep like the other herbs did. She talked partially to him, partially to herself as she ground some of the leaves to a pulp and dropped them into the water. If she let it soak there for a time, the medicine would tinge the water and he could drink it.

How are you feeling? She asked turning away again to face him. It was worth a shot, seeing if he'd answer. He'd seemed to understand before.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Awake as he was now, even lightly drugged with the dulling medicine, he could not remember much about his hallucinations.

The waking dream that had become his life during his stay, the woman made of light, the druids of shadow; no part was familiar.

When the woman spoke it was as if she knew him. The way she offered help gave him an inkling as to why: she had rescued him and become a caretaker to what remained.

How are you feeling? She went on to ask, turning from her concoction to look at him properly again. He felt his attention drift from her, bashful.

He did not answer - but made to reach eagerly for the brewing tea, impatient to try it.
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He didn't answer. She let it go, not having been expecting one anyway, and clicked her tongue as he reached for it. Not quite, she answered, smiling and sliding it a bit more towards her. A few more moments.

When she figured it was enough, she pushed it his direction and gave a clear invitation for him to try it. Some of the leaves were still in it but they wouldn't hurt... in fact, they might do more good if they were ingested alongside.

What happened to you? she wondered as she watched him, but the conversation with Mireille came to mind. A wolf really could go crazy trying to pick apart the workings of another's mind. She had a habit of trying to sort out the why and in the past it had gotten her into trouble. She was careful now. One day at a time.

They haven't had me under watch for a while now. I wonder if they trust me or if Morgana just got sick of me. You'd tell me, right, if I'm horrible company? She laughed to herself, shaking her head. She didn't believe it for an instant but something had definitely changed. The Listener had spoken to her briefly but hadn't really elaborated.