Dragoncrest Cliffs tequesta
5 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
present-dating!

troublemaker.

it was as though @Njord had spoken his daughter's fate into existence.  vixen's only consistency was her discontent.  there was no rhyme or reason to it, no through-thread that could be traced to find the origin of her displeasure.  it seemed to come from within.  even when she was not crying, she was fussing.

for some time, her parents would find relief when she fell asleep.

then, a roll thunder seemed to shake even the ground and stirred her, beginning a new round of tears.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
935 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist

Njord kept watch over their trio of pebbles as Meerkat took a small break to stretch her legs. His long form wrapped tightly round them, red tail blanketing them like a comforter.

A spring rain began to pitter patter in the world outside – the smell of storm wafting into the den. Suddenly, a boom of rolling thunder crashed close enough that one could feel the vibration in their body.

Little Vixen began to wail anew. “Oh Mercy me,” Njord chuckled tiredly, thinking of the same words Meerkat had uttered. “Shh, shh, dinna fash wee one, mo leannan. Jus’ a bit of thunder, that’s all.” He nudged her ruddy little cheek and planted a kiss. “’Ow about I tell ye about tha sea?”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

5 Posts
Ooc —
*weeping* i love this

she was too young to know what any of it meant, but her wailing calmed to a babble as her father gave her the attention she so desperately craved.  babba ahhh, she replied meaninglessly as the fresh smell of damp spring rain wafted in.  a gust of wind encircled them only for a moment, which drew another ooo - aaahhh!
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
935 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The steady brogue of Njord’s hushed words put a stopper in his daughter’s tears, which turned into babbles and coos. “Tha wee vixen is intrigued,” he observed with a smile, knowing she would not yet understand him but happy to make conversation all the same. “You will love tha sea when ya meet ‘er. She stretches far as tha eye can see, a blanket of blu ‘cross tha land.”

He nuzzled her as the pitter patter of rain picked up pace outside. "I ken you'll be a bonnie swimmer, ye 'av Corten blood in ye, after all."
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!