Dragoncrest Cliffs I ain't afraid to get a little crazy.
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
Maybe @Gunnar or anyone else who might wanna meet her.

Every day felt endless and empty, and too fast, and so loud all at once.
If she wasn't lurking in the meadow Indra roamed at random, and in the process of doing that she'd found a few spots that overlooked what other residents would call Mossbloom from a woody hillside. From here she could also listen to the crashing of the ocean, but it felt distant because of all the trees.
It was simultaneously freeing and frightening.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Hello

Gunnar traversed the lands, enjoying everything and everyone he had met. He was happy with his decision to have joined Sapphique. Though he was a low man in the hierarchy they still treated him well, and he was kept busy. He was learning or more so remembering how to do things he had loved to do as a child. It was a nice change from being constantly alone.

The day was misty, a little chill in the air. He brew out a breath and walked on gentle feet towards anywhere, really. He had no destination in mind, just here. When he caught sight of a wolf in front of him. She reminded him of sunrises when they hit that certain crest, that pale orange that coated everything in it's warmth, but she was young. He could smell Sapphique on her, but not wanting to startle he settled further away and gave a warm chuff. It wasn't entirely safe to be startled around here.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Indra watched the comings and goings of Sapphique for a few minutes. Inevitably her attention would draw down to the dirt between her toes, or more specifically the superficial cuts to her forelegs that she'd made with her teeth. They had scabbed over and itched fiercely. She felt no shame in looking at them — not until a little cough from among the trees startled her.
When she turned to look at where the stranger was perched, her shoulders bunched up and she felt immediately self-conscious about her own visibility.
A warmth flooded her face; the fur along her nape prickled, and all at once the spike of embarrassment that made Indra feel caught, became a defensive shout of, What're you looking at?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A prickling of unease began a moment before the young she wolf yelled at him. Gunnar laid his ears to his head and tightened his paws into the dirt. She was defensive, but for what. He couldn't even really see her all that well, he wasn't as close as he could've been. He had been respectful to her. He looked the way he had come, to make sure she was indeed screaming at him.

He tilted his head and spoke, his voice calm, but a sharp glint in his eye. I beg your pardon?

Gunnar was one that could take most anything, he didn't get too fussed. He had when he was little, but one thing he hated more than anything else, was getting blamed or yelled at for something he didn't do. It irritated him. And he had done nothing, but walk upon the she wolf sunning herself.

She was young of course, and he briefly thought of Junior and the inside pain that she had always felt. He wondered if this she wolf was like her? He had heard the rumors of Junior harming herself. He had been around her when she had moments of deep melancholy, but not as often as he would have liked.
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The man didn't move. He looked at her and that was when Indra realized what she'd just said, and to whom. It was an old man who looked surprised and bothered by her outburst; what kind of asshole was she, treating a friendly old man like this?
Why are you watching me? She stared him down haughtily.
She knew it was wrong and felt sick to her stomach, but that wouldn't put an end to her attitude. She had been here first. He'd snuck up on her, watched her for god knows how long — no, Indra wouldn't take ownership of her behavior in this moment. He was at fault, being a creepy old man spying on some kid.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar blinked and shook his head. The ruff of his neck rising ever slightly at her tone, and what she was inferring. He was not a creepy stalker. He had just gotten here, as a matter of fact, he had chuffed at her as soon as he saw her.

I let you know I was here the minute I saw you. I assure you I was not watching you. Gunnar raised a brow. His tail lashed behind him for a moment, then he stopped it. He didn't wish to cause an issue.

He shook his head, stood on heavy paws and turned to walk away. Have a good day young one.
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The old man's voice held the timbre of corrective measure, which Indra was explicitly sensitive to after her ordeal within the bear-cult. She flinched when she heard him speak, even though it was not with harsh language or with any inflection to indicate oncoming harm; but she could not help it, and in her moment of weakness she felt another flare of emotion.

Loathing.
For the man? For herself? The situation maybe. She couldn't place why; only that it was there, and she was angry, and that anger burned so hot and fast that there was no way to contain it. The girl opened her mouth to tell him off again but it was too late — he'd already moved to leave, and so Indra was left floundering.

Grinding her teeth together as she grimaced, Indra's emotions ran the gamut between her rage and her embarrassment, fluctuating too fast for her to handle. She chose to turn and run from the situation rather than face it and make sense of herself, leaving the cliffside empty.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar felt momentary uncomfortable and exceptionally guity. He watched the girl run away and his heart twisted and his stomach hurt. He hadn't meant to upset her, and she clearly had more going on than she wished to speak about. It reminded him of Junior and it hurt, all over again.

Gunnar let out a very heavy sigh, and went in search of Rosalyn or Erzulie, perhaps they would tell him a little more on the girl. So he could tread more carefully next time, and not cause her unrest.