Qeya River wrath
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
cheating if i backdate to yesterday noon? :o

lestan brought back the pelt of the young rabbit. maybe sakhmet would like it. the fur was almost downy as it had been in youth, and a rich butterscotch color.
the other thing he had thought to bring was the tailfeather of a pheasant found in the field.
lestan was jaunty as he descended the glacier and came back to the river. their borders were immediate; he flashed into a run, stopping near sikutumi basin to call for @Sakhmet and @Kigipigak.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
not cheating at all!

He returned.

A call on the breeze of Natigvik from their newest. It seemed he had done his job, at least the first part of it. Now she approached him with a jog. Lean limbs ate up the land beneath her before she came to a strong halt before him.

A pelt.

A feather.

Proof of his findings and his venture there.

Tell me of your journey, She prompted. Certain that she could fill in Kigipigak whenever he arrived, if he had time for such a meeting today.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
sakhmet came at once. lestan dipped his head. he offered the pelt and the feather. "well! i followed the river all the way up. no one is living at the glacier, and it's not well-visited. there is a herd of mule deer living there. i met a lady up there and she helped me run them through the inside of the place."
"i met another wolf from a pack nearby. beyond the glacier, it looks. and there's a waterfall inside!" oh, what had sakhmet said about the information to bring back? "there's a whole sheet of ice, really two of them. one is good to walk on, the other ends in sharp cliffs." he shivered a bit at the recollection.
"uhum, along with mule deer, there are rabbits, squirrels, stoats, mice, and pika. i also saw elk tracks and something similar, maybe a little smaller." caribou, though he did not know the word.
lestan stood, awaiting the response of his issumatar.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
He reported his findings well.

Deer, a pack wolf, the ice and cliffs. As he spoke she settled the pelt on herself and considered all of the things that he said. The hunting would be good upon the glacier, duskfire no longer a village there and the prey thrived for it.

You've done well. She praised despite her voice not lifting much.

We once had allies on the glacier. Duskfire Glacier. They've moved far now and I was too far along in pregnancy to explore their home more when they finally departed. She confessed with a small smile. Did you enjoy scouting the land, Lestan?
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
sakhmet shed some light on those who had come before. lestan nodded, committing this to memory. "oh, yes! i enjoyed it a great deal more than i thought i would," he admitted. "i am not used to being out and about. well, yes i am. but i don't always care for it."
lestan realized he was caught in another of his gregarious rambles and cleared his throat. "is there someplace else that you need me to scout, issumatar? say the word and i am on my way."
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
She smiled wryly as he switched subjects.

He seemed to always be a busy mind. She wondered if the only time he found peace was on these scouting trips. Perhaps it was good to send him to and fro.

I do not have another place in mind just yet. Did you see anything from the glacier that interested you?
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lestan thought for a moment. "i was very partial of the ice cliffs, even if they are very dangerous! and there is a path that leads to the top of the glacier. it was impassable. but i enjoy a challenge."
his eyes danced.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Do you think it would be passable earlier in the summer months? Or more dangerous from the melt?

She motioned for him to follow her to a nearby cache. Prepared to feed him and send him for a rest, once she felt satisfied with his words.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lestan thought on this. "the summer would make it more dangerous. i would only cross at the height of winter, perhaps, when the ice is firmly settled."
she asked much of him. and, he was realizing, he had answers for her.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
At the height of winter.

That time was off, but she nodded with understanding.

I think I should send you south next, when the time comes. You have proven yourself already, Lestan. She smiled warm with a fondness.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
her praise ate at his cheeks with a blush. lestan ducked his head, unsure if his pride should show. "thank you, issumatar. i will go south whenever you decide."
the amaguk looked up; he offered a smile and a sway of his tail.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
can be a fade unless he has more to say <3

Go, rest.

She encouraged with warmth now. No longer seeing the need to question him or his loyalty.

But keep an ear out. Here she teased with an edge of truth.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<3

"yes. of course."
he dipped his head.
lestan truly tried to do as sakhmet bid, but he was too splendid with excitement to take sleep easily.