Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
All Welcome 
@Atreus

It wasn't often that Amalia left Moonglow, but honestly she found herself more distracted than anything, and it was truly awful, but she almost hated it. Everything felt adrift and strange. Sahkmet was depressed, kigipigak was gone, children were gone. Kivaluk was learning new things and Amalia was just stuck with no where to go.

So on a whim she headed towards the last place she had seen the youth Bear. She wondered after him and the motherly affection she held for him had grown. And she longed to make sure with her own two eyes that he was well and fine.

So with that thought, she headed towards th emountains. Nose to the ground. She found a pack, the acrid smell of urine and other fluids at the borders. She stared at the red stone with wide eyes and her heart dropped alittle. It was so cold here, was he truly okay?
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
He had somehow forgotten about this particular task: Germanicus had once asked him to practice tracking by following a deer. To be fair to him, Mereo seemed to be in a period of flux lately and he couldn’t even be sure which tasks still applied any longer. And where the hell was he supposed to find a deer around here?

He didn’t. But Atreus discovered the scent of a goat somewhere in the mountains beyond the borders, so he did his best to follow it. He never caught up with the beast, though nor did he slip and fall or get assaulted by wolverines. He thought Germanicus would determine this a constructive and successful use of his time.

The youth abandoned the venture and loped back toward the canyon around nightfall. When he saw a figure darkening Mereo’s doorstep, he halted abruptly, every muscle gone rigid. The stranger was in between Atreus and his homeland, which disconcerted him, though only for a moment. Then he caught her scent and his worry disappeared along with the stiffness.

Amalia…?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
It had been some time, since Amalia had been given any type of task from her leaders. Perhaps that was her problem, perhaps she felt adrift, because she was not being useful. In Natigvik she had not been high in the totem pole, but she had been respected. And Moonglow didn't disrespect her. They just didn't have a need of the same things that she could do.

On her trip to this place, she had come across small game and many goats. Their heady, musky scent drawing her lips over her teeth at times. Most foul. Though, their fur was springy and soft when handled correctly. She wondered if she could get one herself.

Though that had all fled at first glance. She nipped at her lip, wondering if she should call for him. Or just leave him be. He had asked her for space, was she being intrusive by coming here? Would he resent her for it. She gave a soft sad sigh deep in her chest, and was about to turn away, when a soft voice reached her ears.

Green eyes turned towards the young man that stood in front of her, and deep pride lit along her innards. He held himself higher now, was this truly the young male she had left? Just look at him. She smiled softly and gave a soft whuff.

Hello Bear.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
It was her.

Hey! What are you doing here? Atreus asked, tentatively moving closer. Checking up on me? he guessed before she could answer. I’m doing okay. Actually, I’m doing good.

Things were a bit up in the air with Mereo’s structure lately but its fundamentals hadn’t changed enough to negatively impact anything, at least in Atreus’s point of view. He was still committed to the pack in the canyon. He was slowly growing and nurturing relationships with its fellow inhabitants, even if he wasn’t particularly close to anyone.

And it’s Icarus now, he thought to add, eyes softening a little as they lingered on her familiar face.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She gave a soft laugh and a sheepish smile. I am..is that...is that okay?

She tilted her head and shifted her weight, slowly bouncing on her paws. The usual energy of her's digging out to show in her nervous movements. She even felt self-conscious when talking to the youth she had taken care of once upon a time.

Her eyes lit up. really. Oh I'm so glad to hear that. I was worried about you, you know.

Her tail wagged as she slowly grew more comfortable. Tell me what you're doing? Is the pack to your liking?

She frowned and made a soft oh and looked him over. Icarus, suits you.

She just hoped he wouldn't fly to close to the sun.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
His head reared back a little when Amalia seemed almost bashful about her visit, so he quickly told her, Yeah, it’s fine.

Amalia said a few words about her concern for him, which caused one side of his mouth to quirk upward. He wondered if Void was still out there somewhere, similarly worried about him. He hadn’t heard from the man lately, though maybe he would stop by at some point too.

It’s called Mereo. It’s… a fortress, I guess, Atreus said, having picked up that keyword from the recent meeting. Mostly I stay busy training. We do a lot of spars. Lately, I’ve been doing more scout stuff. We’re in the process of moving our living quarters to a different spot and I’m helping scope out the area first.

That was a lot more than he would usually share with someone, though Amalia was a trusted friend. And that meant Atreus was curious about her too. He shifted his weight and tipped his head slightly.

What about you? Like, what’s going on in your life?
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia smiled. I didn't want to cause you discomfort and our last meeting was not, the best moment. Void and I are better now. He may join a pack. Though i'm not sure of his temperment, we shall see.

She looked back over it and frowned in thought. I've heard of it. We have a trader in our pack who visited and hunted a deer here with a imperator? Is that right?

She listened with intent to his words. Noticing it was a lot of training, sparring. A soldier pack. Though it worried her that he was learning this, she was also infinitely proud of him for finding something he seemed to really enjoy.

She shook her head. Nothing much. We've moved officially to Moonglow. There is some turmoil, some changing positions. That we have to get used too, but it isn't terrible. The only thing I will make a complaint of is I don't feel useful.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
His smile drooped when she mentioned a traitor from her pack hunting with Germanicus. He didn’t know anything about that, though he wondered why his Imperator would keep such company.

Amalia moved the conversation along, mentioning a relocation. If she’d told Atreus about this before, he couldn’t remember. His lips pursed a little sheepishly as she told him a bit about it. Her final words rang loudest in his ears, though.

That’s what I like about Mereo, Atreus replied, I feel like I have a purpose here… several, actually… sometimes I even lose track of all my tasks. But I like having things to do. I like staying busy.

He wondered if her new pack was a bad fit, like Redtail Rise had been for him. He’d scarcely thought about his birthplace lately, a realization which caught him a bit by surprise. He immediately thought of Ancelin, feeling almost like a traitor himself for practically forgetting about his own brother.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Omg Atreus totally taking that wrong lmao and Amalia bless her is oblivous

Amalia didn't realize his frown. Nor did she think to explain what a trader was, because well it seemed something everyone should know. Forgetting that he was young and had been on his own for much of his young life, or at the very least not nurtured.

She listened with interest, gave a soft sound of interest. That sounds nice actually. With Natigvik I was a scout, a runner, and a hunter. But Moonglow is full of hunters and scouts. I am not as needed. And it is further up the mountain, less visitors to learn of.

Amalia wasn't sure if it was the pack that she wasn't a good fit for, or if she had simply outgrown it. When she had come to the teekon she was naive and bright eyed. Now she had been privy to many new things. Had learned new things, and perhaps it was simply a matter of growing out of what you thought you wanted, to something more.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
I remember you telling me about being a scout, Atreus said perhaps a bit too vehemently, proud to have recalled something she’d specifically told him about herself.

He hadn’t picked up on it at first, though there was a listlessness about her. Atreus didn’t know that word, though he suddenly grew aware of something off with her, a shift in her usual energy. It made sense, considering what she was saying.

If you’re looking for purpose, you should join Mereo, he said. I think there’s only two scouts, Atreus added, even though he had no idea if that was true. Well, three if you count Germanicus. But he’s busy being the leader, I think.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia laughed a little at his words. Her eyes snapping and dancing in his direction. Gentle smile on her face.

I'm glad you remembered. I do love to run. she sighed happily.

Amalia wasn't sure how to fix her current apathy. Granted she wasn't fully apathetic, but she felt that way at the best of times lately.

She tilted her ear forward at his words. Hmm, but would they have a place for someone who was not a soldier. I'm not a soldier. I don't even know how to spar that well. It is a thought though.

She made a soft noise under her breath thinking.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Dude, Atreus said, I suck at fighting. It’s not like I don’t try, either! It’s really annoying, actually. He huffed, then remembered he only mentioned this to make a point. We had a meeting a bit ago where they changed all the ranks. But even before that, we had civilians. You didn’t—you don’t—have to be a soldier.

Wait, was she really considering it? He had shot from the hip with that suggestion, though as he pondered it further, he decided he wouldn’t mind having Amalia around, if she wanted to stay. He was pretty established on his own but it would be nice to have the closest thing to a friend nearby.

The idea quickly grew on him but he checked himself, only saying, You should think about it, as he remembered when she’d given him the grace to arrive at his own decision about his future.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
A small choke of a laugh curled in her throat at his drawn out dude. What a sweet boy he was. She smiled at him.

I hope you will find your footing soon. To be able to fight and spar. You will make a formidable fighter.

She listened closely. Oh really. Well that would make that a little easier. Hrm.

She hadn't known if he was serious or not, but to know that she had options it was nice. She had to do some thinking now though. She had brechliant, and now here. Which would make her happier, she truly wasn't certain.

I will. Thank you. Icarus. she made sure to add his new name, to be respectful of his choices.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Thing is, he countered her, I’m not sure I’m cut out for it? I’ll keep trying but I’m way better at scouting. I like it more too.

Amalia said she would think about it and he nodded. That was all he could ask of her. Well, he supposed he could always ask her more about her goings-on and well-being, though he wasn’t really the best at making small talk.

But there was one thing that made him curious, so Atreus queried, So you and Void made up? Are you friends now?
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia listened and nodded her head. Well you don't need to be cut out for it I don't think. As long as you try your best and you know how to protect yourself and others if the occasion calls for it. That should be enough. At least that is what I think, anyway.

She nodded as she thought about it. She wasn't the best fighter, but she could hold her own and that was enough. Why couldn't Icarus be the same.

There is something to be said for just roaming and learning new places. Stretching your legs. I once made the trip from Natigvik to Moonglow in five days. Even had to travel on the beach.

A soft sound of unease curled around her at his next words and she had to think. I wouldn't say friends no. We found a middle ground. I told him perhaps we could be friends if he'd learn to cull that temper of his. And try and be a better wolf.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
You were the first one to mention scouting to me, I’m pretty sure, Atreus replied to Amalia’s musing. I’m still an apprentice or whatever but I think it’s my calling, you know? I think I might even be interested in spying.

He nodded when she explained the situation with Void. He was glad they weren’t at odds any longer. He wondered about the man’s whereabouts again, though he didn’t ask.

I need to get back. It’s past my bedtime, Atreus told Amalia, lips twitching. But you can visit me anytime you want. And if you think about it and decide Mereo might be a better fit, you’ll have at least one friend already, the youth said with a wave of his tail.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
A fond smile lit up her green eyes. She remembered that day. It had been their first meeting and she had wanted to connect with the scared boy he had been. Though.

She looked him over, scared and boy were not accurate anymore. He was growing well into his own. Son he would be quite an impressive figure and she couldn't help, but feel immense pride and happiness in such a feat for him. He had pulled himself up from the ditch and was doing well.

Spying. Well, if you do that, please promise you'll be as careful as you can. she fretted.

Green eyes opened in surprise, though she saw his lip twitch and gave a soft tittering laugh.

Friends I like that. Go on now. Don't get in trouble on my account.

She took a breath, but leaned forward to give him a gentle nudge near his shoulder. She wasn't certain how he would take it. Before physical touch had not been to his liking, but Amalia was a physical wolf.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
The touch didn’t really surprise him. Amalia was a tactile wolf and he remembered all the times she’d tried to comfort him in this way. This time, he half-smiled as he allowed the contact. For good measure, he even pressed into it before pulling away.

Night, Amalia, Atreus said, drawing in a deep breath and steeling himself before touching his nose to her cheek.

And then he was sweeping away toward his bunk, heart pounding and skin tingling, feeling mortified but pleased at what he’d managed to do.