Redsand Canyon saayid
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Trade 
The moody sky broke eventually to reveal a deepening blue, with the sun finally finding its way to touch upon Nazli as she roamed north of the tablinum. It would be a few hours before Lady Aquene was available as per Germanicus' timetable, and with Makono off doing her own thing (protected of course by Khaba), there was not much for the wayward fellahin to do.

In to the north she found scents of other wolves, most notably one that she recognized in a vague sense from the wedding party (@Reyson); but she also found a trail leading towards some rocky formations and various holes, which to Nazli brought to mind the catacombs of Akashingo. There were scents of various rodents (notably pika, and rat) which piqued her curiosity. The tunnels weren't so welcoming for larger wolves, but to Nazli who was narrowly built with the conformation of a coyote, she might have managed to squeeze inside.

For now she paced the extremities of the tunnel system, keeping above ground to scout the area.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The sun was finally out for a brief moment from behind the cloud covers. It had been a grey day, but now with the sun out and the blue of the sky, lit up the blue of his eyes. Today was a patrol day, though not much else was needed of him. He was wavering between another patrol or a hunt.

He had known the princess or was it crowned prince? Makono was among their number again, and with her. A guard and the little servant girl Nazli, but he hadn't sought any out. Preferring to keep to himself as he always did.

Though upon his arrival past the network of tunnels that he was too large to even attempt to breach. He came upon the she wolf, Nazli. The lavender of her pelt, a startling contrast to the red of the dirt, and he smiled at her with a chuff.

Good day. Miss. Nazli.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
If any prey existed here, it was likely hiding from the afternoon sun and lost somewhere within the tunnel system. Nazli wondered if it would be considered rude to hunt on Mereo's lands alone. She considered delving in anyway, for a moment, and couldn't make up her mind. That was when a friendly face made themselves known.

This was the man from the party! Reyson, sir, she turned as she spoke, her posture diminutive and welcoming at once, and her features friendly. She was caught between her role as fellahin and her position as guest, and was unsure how to compose herself. But she was happy to see someone she knew.

I was exploring, she explained coyly, although he hadn't asked. Nazli felt compelled to justify her presence there, seemingly in the middle of nowhere and away from the crown prince, who she was supposedly meant to attend.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson looked beyond the small femme, to the holes beyond. He would have liked to offer his assistance, but a man of his breadth and bulk, would not fit. The most he could do was keep an eye out as she chased them thusly.

He smiled. I can see that. I'm afraid i've never been in those tunnels. To big. He shifted and shrugged large shoulders as if to show.

He moved a little closer, but gave her, her space. He bent to sniff at the cavern holes. Lots of small game in there. Would you like to explore it? I can stay out here and catch what you flush out? Or I can perhaps show you something else? I believe there is plant life and other things around. Let me show you around as you did the night of the party for me?

He offered a genial smile. He had enjoyed their conversation and here where he was more at ease. He wanted to return the kindness.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
It seemed a good plan — that he might wait here and cull whatever she frightened from the burrows and the paths beneath ground; but he also offered up a tour, which Nazli immediately latched upon as a great idea. She gave one last look to the tunnels and then turned her full attention to Reyson.

A tour would be lovely. If you are free for one, I mean. She did not want to detract from any duties he had outstanding. Judging from how easily he offered, though, Nazli presumed he was free for a time. I have seen some of Mereo already — we have ample guest spaces among the housing, and I have seen the oasis, and... Lady Aquene's storehouse, the tablinum, but Nazli had not learned Latin.

Do you have a favorite space? She asked next, hurrying to Reyson's side so they could walk together.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was willing to do either, or that she pleased. She deserved to have a little bit of happiness in some way, and if it came from a tour. He was more than willing to do so.

I am free. I have already done a patrol and caught a few small birds. She had seen much of what Mereo had to offer, for the red canyon was sparse, but he knew of where he could take her. Though he didn't have much to offer her in ways of a name.

Most of what is beautiful you have already seen. I can show you the sparring pit, or the punishment ground, but they are not much to peek at.

Though her next words drew him pause and he smiled and nodded. Very well. My favorite place doesn't have a name.

He paused and then slowly started at an amble towards the forest that bordered the packlands. Full of large trees and then further on into a bracken thicket. But he stopped between the two. He motioned towards the forest and then beyond that was the rocks with the waterfall coming down.

I utilized the pack maps, more so the southern territories one. I cannot find one with any names on it.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
I don't think the southern areas have names, but we could find something there and name it if you'd like? :>

They did not have far to go, but they did go south beyond the settlement of what Nazli considered to be the heart of Mereo. The visitors had journeyed through part of this before, on their arrival. She did not remember much of it; Makono had kept Nazli distracted with her needs and with her attention, at the time.

It was open here. There was no wonder why Nazli thought it lackluster during her first passage of it: much like the high ground of the surrounding mountainscape, it was dry and crag-wrought, and the trees only just starting to turn towards autumn despite the lateness of the season.

Reyson led her further than that, even. There came a rising cliff (so far as she could identify it). Nazli was reminded immediately of the mesa and felt at home immediately, but also in awe, because there were tall trees everywhere and the rushing of water. It poured as if from a crooked crown, wetting the face of the cliff and churning a mist at the bottom where both she and her guide emerged.

This is your favorite? It is wonderful! She said - rather, gasped. The bracken they had left behind seemed a distant, unwelcome wall now that the falls were before her.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I'm game :)

Reyson had found this area on a patrol. When he was still familiarizing himself woth the area and the changes. It had been difficult, but he had found solace here.

It was barren upon first entry. However, Reyson had age on him and knew that often the plain things hid the beauty within. And it was with this thought he had first pushed inward.

He smiled at her gasp and moved closer to the roaring waters. The mist dancing along his golden head.

It is. It has no name. How about you name it Miss. Nazli? So then you always have something that is just yours?
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
The girl could barely hear Reyson's voice above the sound of the water as it churned and fell, but she thought she heard him say her name, and when she focused on him she thought he'd said something about a name. Had she missed it? What was that? What is this called? Her own voice was puny compared to the roar of the falls, and was drowned out by it.

She crept through the mist and along the edge, wondering where the water fell to. If there was so much water in this otherwise dry and barren place, where did it hide itself? It looked as though the falls had cut in to the rock, so the pool at the bottom was much lower than what one might imagine it to be. It was not a safe place for swimming or for diving while the water was so aggressive. It was still beautiful, and filled her head with white noise.

Nazli hopped down from the ledge she had found herself on. She moved to be standing with Reyson and with a little hop, tried to get his attention again, or his ear at the very least so that shouting was not required.

It looks like a little crown! She said, and motioned emphatically to the hilltop where the water flowed from.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson realized his mistep too late, as he noticed. She couldn't hear a word he said. He saw her mouth moving, but even he could not hear the words she spoke. Despite that he twitched his ears closer, and moved a bit.

Reyson enjoyed the way it looked. He daren't go swimming in such a place, but if you moved away from it a ways, and laid upon the ground. The sound was not so loud, nor so aggressive. And on hot days a fine mist would sometimes rise and coat you in it's embrace of silver wet.

She caught his ear and he turned to look at her. He bent his head down near her ear and spoke again.

I said it has no name, would you like to name it? To have something just for you?
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Oh! She exclaimed when understanding dawned upon her.

It seemed a mighty thing, this offer. Was it right for someone of Mereo to give up the naming rights of a place to a stranger not of their order? Nazli was at once nervous. She did not want to name it something silly or something that did not make sense; then again, if she named it properly with something of Akashingo, like the language of the divine ones, that would further prove that Mereo was an extension in some way of her own home.

It felt like a lot of pressure. Perhaps she only felt the roar of the falls in her ears, which drowned even her own heart beat.

What about - what if we call it Little Crown Falls? She had already said as much, but perhaps it needed to be repeated; the noise easily dwarfed her voice. Is that good? Are you sure it is okay for me to name this?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson didn't mind given up a naming right. And he could easily spin it that they were forging bonds and making their allyship better. Besides it had no name, he saw no harm.

Reyson nodded. It suits it. And yes it is fine. You needn't worry over it. and she didn't. If imperator didn't like it. He could take it out on him. And it did fit it. It was like a criwn atop a waterfall.