Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Joining 
Reyson left Fennec pretty quickly. His mind was clearer than it had been in days. There was still a sharp pain there, and he knew that he wasn't out of the clear yet, but she had reaffirmed something deep in his chest that he hadn't realized he was lacking.

He didn't know how @Meadow would take this, but he also knew that he had to try. Not to mention that he could no longer serve in the capacity he had been able too. It would be nice to be near @Maxim and @Towhee.

He made it to the pack borders and stopped. His heart thumped loudly and he took a breath to calm it down. He should probably talk with meadow first, but eh. If he had to leave Epoch he would. He lifted his nose to teh sky and called out to @Arsenio or @Tamar.

Most are for reference, but anyone can join in if they so please.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Arsenio answered the call with one of his own. He was nearby and it wouldn’t take long for him to divert his path to meet the summoner.

Long red legs hurried him to the borders. He crunched through the snow until he had come to meet the scarred soldier. The Arche knew that this man was close with Epoch’s healer. He gazed at the other man with shrewd blue eyes.

Reyson, he spoke the soldier’s name with a nod.

What brings you here? Come to see Meadow?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson heard the call and he waited. It wasn't long before the red male that held down the Epoch lands came himself. Reyson lifted his head, but averted his eyes and kept his body neutral. He couldn't go too low, it hurt the body that had never healed.

Yes and no. I came because I've been retired, because i'm in love with your healer and because i want peace. I've been given a choice of Mereo or Epoch and seeing as how Meadow is here i chose Epoch if it's allowed and you need more bodies.

Reyson sighed and lifted his head. I've been a career soldier since i was 4 months old. I've been a soldier, a commander, an officer. I've been in the trenches with my wolves and taken more lives than i can count. I'm scarred and my brain has memories that take me over at times. But I can hunt, and spar, and fight and teach. I am a quick learner and a loyal beast.

Then the soldier waited.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It seemed strange that this man would arrive on their doorstep. Not so strange that it was unbelievable. Arsenio had seen the way the soldier had looked upon their healer.

Peace was all that was spoken of by the wolves of Mereo and yet Germanicus did not act in a way that would bring anyone peace. Children had fled Mereo, now soldiers…

What was happening in the canyon?

I do not trust the wolves of Mereo, entirely. Germanicus was once a friend, to me. Now- Arsenio sighed softly, lifting his gaze over the head of the scarred man seeking harmony. I think he has a long way to travel before his heart and those who are close to it will know peace.

Could Reyson be trusted to keep Epoch safe? It was fortunate for the man that Arsenio could take risks.

We have many fighters, here. I need you to understand that Epoch is a place for family and protecting it, at any cost.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson wasn't certain what was going on with anyone else, but he himself wanted, no needed peace. If he was go keep sane, he would need to do something.

Reyson dipped his head. That is understandable sir, trust is earned and you know nothing about me. I'm afraid I can't comment on the Imperator, as we were not close. Did i respect him as a leader and a soldier yes, but I could tell you nothing of him as a man.

I understand. I'd lay my life down in a moment if it meant keeping someone within your borders safe, sir. It how I have always been, that I can say absolutely. I know it is not the same thing, but when I was a commander. I was the first on on the field and the last one off, and everyone went home. Even if I couldn't keep them safe. Though I tried.

Reyson wasn't sure if he would be allowed in. And that was okay. He wasn't sure of the history between the Imperator and this Arche, but clearly it was not good history.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Arsenio nodded his head. He was not certain that there were many who could comment on who Germanicus was, as a man. Every time he believed he had figured the Imperator out, the Roman did something to crumble his understanding. No matter the spite that had burned on his tongue, the Arche had been honest when he voiced his hope – that Germanicus was fulfilled in his life.

Then you and I have much in common, Reyson.

How might this man settle into a life where he was not expected to be fighting?

You will not be expected to be a soldier, here. You will only be called to fight if Epoch is in danger. I expect you will have many things to teach the little ones, hm? Arsenio offered the other man a smile that revealed the points of his teeth beneath his lips. The blue of his eyes studied Reyson for a moment more before he motioned with his snout – follow.

Come.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had not thought hard nor long about the Imperator. He was his commander, he respected him, perhaps in a strange way they were friends. But there was no denying that the Imperator knew far more about Reyson than he knew about the Imperator.

I can teach many things yes. My mother was a healer, and my father an astronomer. I can remember some of those lessons. I also know more than most soldiers about plants, though it is still sorely lacking.

Reyson stepped behind the male and followed, eyes taking in the place around him and the new ways he would live.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I swear I added him to the ranks ;w; *nervous sweat*

Are you okay with that? Did you want to wait until he’s spoken with Meadow, first? <3

I have never had a knack for healing, but I have a feeling my son is leaning strongly in that direction. He’s taken a liking to Meadow.

This felt easier than discussing Germanicus and the fate of Mereo. It was shocking that Arsenio might think so. Once, he had been far more keen to talk of politics and warfare. The Arche did not know how his family had softened him, until this moment with Reyson.

I was a soldier and a mercenary for many years until I met Tamar. Their newcomer might understand this most. Love has a way of changing a man. Arsenio believed that he had been given an opportunity to become better. It was his beautiful autumn leaf that had done this, had urged him in the right direction.

What are you passionate about?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He's good. If she tells him to leave he'll find Arsenio again. <3

Reyson smiled softly. She's hard not to like. Lady Aquene is a dear friend to me and her son, also was leaning that way. Though, I was told he left. He frowned in thought. Knowing the boy was safe, but not where he was.

I Know what you mean. Up until I met Meadow. I was quite content with my life. I would serve and die and not think about it. Then I met her and i saw Lady Aquene and her children. And I realized I wanted more than just what I had always had. Does that make sense?

Reyson was surprised at the question. Then frowned in thought. Not sure. I haven't thought about it, however. I have found that I enjoy teaching, many different things. Whatever they need me to teach. I found patience.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Aquene and her husband are good friends.

Arsenio missed them. He thought of Nanuq, tucked away in the quiet safety of the vale. He thought of when Kallik had visited, had asked about his son. The Arche did not like that their family had been stretched and pulled apart. He had faith that they would find their way back to each other. He had faith that their children would be able to make peace with them, one day. More than this, Arsenio was grateful that he had not put duty above his children.

Their son is staying here. He needed a little peace, as well…

The redstone wolf glanced toward Reyson when he spoke of his desire to teach. This would serve him well in Epoch.

I am glad to hear it. Epoch is a place to learn and teach. There are many young ones who are waiting for their minds to be shaped. Arsenio waved his tail, thinking of his children and his wife.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson smiled. I'm afraid I don't know Kallik as well as Lady Aquene, but I have talked with him.

Reyson thought of the two and wondered how they were getting on. How the babes of theirs were. He didn't know them well enough to ask after them. Though he probably should have made time to tell Lady Aquene by at the very least.

I can understand that. Mereo is rather rigid for children. Most are trained as soldiers even if they do not want to be. Though I think Lady Fennec is trying to change that.

A furrow in his brow a sharp nod. I will do my best.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
At the mention that Germanicus’ new wife was the push behind the changes in Mereo, Arsenio grunted. He wanted to say something more, to approve of the shift in mentality. He couldn’t, though. The Arche wondered why the Roman would give way to his new wife’s wishes.

If she is not able, I am sure his next wife will have a chance.

A cold smirk found his lips. Arsenio still did not approve and could not understand. 

You are free to go and find Meadow. Be patient. I think there are many things that weigh on her mind. Arsenio motioned into the vale for Reyson. The former soldier would be able to find a quiet place for himself, a place where he might begin his peaceful retirement.

I will come to find you later. I believe I have a gift to offer you.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson blinked. His next wife? If there is a possibility of that. Let me just say, Lady Fennec will not go quietly into the night I assure you. She has more steel in her spine than most soldiers i've met.

He had a deep respect for Lady Fennec and considered her a friend. Perhaps not as dear as Aquene or Maxim, but she was one of his top favorite wolves.

There are. I will be as patient as possible.

There was a wince and a soft sigh. You needn't bring me a gift, Giving me a safe place to live peacefully is more than enough.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Arsenio did not blink at the soldier’s professed respect for Germanicus’ new wife. He did not need to know anything about the woman. Arsenio had known the last to be fair and reasonable, kind and careful with her actions.

If he did not wait long to remarry to… the lady Fennec, he will not wait long to marry again, if she does not meet his expectations. He seemed fond of the last one, as well. And she was no weak spine.

He shrugged, as though he was trying to express that he did not care. This was partially true. He did not care for a woman he had never met. This Fennec was a stranger to the Arche. He had no respect for her – she hadn’t earned it. Arsenio’s respect for Germanicus had withered, already. What reason did he have to speak warmly about either of them? None.

Rest well, Reyson. Arsenio nodded stiffly and turned to find the peace of someone who had not known Germanicus and his women.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded. That is true enough. Though I must profess. I didn't know Matrona Ruenna very well. I don't even believe we spoke.

Not to mention that Lady Fennec had been at least friendly with him, before she married Germanicus. It had been quit, but he was not one to ask questions about other's affairs. It was not his job unless they meant something to him.

Thank you Arche. Then he would find a tree, far enough away from everyone to calm his mind and actually sleep. Without duties and sparring, perhaps he could heal the memory and scars on his brain.