who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Private 
@Chakliux — all the eb threads. <3

She thought to approach the other woman who was not her sister, but Sialuk pulled herself back. If she meant to give children to Moonspear, she would need a man. Only once she had secured a father for her children could she act more freely. Instead, Sialuk set her eyes on the white hunter whom she had met with Kannoyak. She sensed that he was a boasting man based on his words during their felling of the deer, but this did not remove him from her prospects.

You are a strong hunter, she said. I am called Sialuk Ostrega. I do not have a name to put to your face.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
<3!

"ah! the woman with hawk-eyes." chakliux grinned, for he was pleased that she had sought him out. he inched toward her with teasing, eloquent steps. "i am a man of the seal hunter people. i am chakliux."
he stood proud so her pretty gaze might see his scars. "you too are strong hunter. you are of moonglow?"
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
The woman grinned back, listening for his name. She saw his scars, a nod of approval given to them. He was no babe, no green hunter. Chakliux had gained respect of his people, and in doing so, he had gained respect of the raindrop. She thought of Meerkat when he spoke of his people, as she lived by the sea.

First daughter to Kukutux, replied Sialuk. Daughter also to a strong warrior who has gone to the dancing lights. It was to her mother Chakliux would seek guidance if he wished to court Moonspear's angajukkâk. Not necessary, but wise to do.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
a third daughter! chakliux saw the resemblance of their pelts but those eyes, they belonged to her and the places she had been.
daughter not only to the moonwoman but also to a hunter who had gone on to the arms of the dead spirits.
"this man is sorry for what you have lost but rejoices in what you are," he said in the words of her mother's people.
his seal hunter accent shone through. "will you stay with your mother's village, after this?" or did she too mean to find a husband and depart?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
The raindrop bowed her head in thanks at his gesture, touched by hearing the words in her mother's language. Taataa had made Sialuk who she was, even if he did not live on this plane to see it.

I return to my birthplace, Sialuk replied, Not the ring of mountains, but the tallest one: Moonspear. Her snout pointed to the slope that was barely visible, black on black in the night sky. Even the pregnant moon could not illuminate it from here.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
that she had not been born in the village was of interest to chakliux. he looked toward the dark mountain. 
and suddenly he grinned with mischief. "you look for a husband?" yes, he knew, but he wanted to hear her say this.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk sensed his cunning again, as she had on the hunt. Again, in anaa's words, he asked the question of what she sought. Or a wife, she half-teased. She had seen villages full of women who loved one another. And you? she asked. Did Chakliux seek a wife, or merely a play thing?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
loveee the av <3

now his eyes darted away; his smile danced, and then chakliux was looking back at sialuk. or a wife! "you know the walrus hunters then," he joked.
"i want a wife."
he sidled to one side. "i am just not sure when this will come to me." he was daring, the seal hunter man.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
thank you! praise the dall-e gods!

His direct words did not turn her away. It was the most of it she had seen in a man, and Sialuk found it daring. While others danced (some quite literally) around the task at hand this night, Chakliux was quick to make his intention known. He moved closer, and the raindrop did not move away, feeling the heat of his body alongside her own.

When you are ready, she replied, This is what spirits say.

Sialuk knew that she was ready, but she could not speak for Chakliux. He would search his own heart for the answer.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"did the spirits speak to the snow daughter of the moonwoman?" chakliux asked, daring to dip his muzzle into the sweetness of her hackles.
"the voice i hear is a song. it says," and here the seal hunter drew away, "that a woman who glows in starlight will chase shadows from your soul."
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
She felt his muzzle on her hackles. Sialuk side-stepped and nipped at him, though there was no curl in her lip. The raindrop's spirit would not be won-over so easily. As anaa had once made clear to another after her daughter: they would need to work to earn her heart. Yet she could not deny she fancied the silver-tongued Chakliux. He had proven himself a worthy hunter.

As for the song that he recited, Sialuk thought it flattering, though she doubted its origin. What shadows lurk in your spirit, Chakliux?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
hawk woman pulled aside, sliced her teeth at him. "oho!" he chirred beneath his breath, moving back the required step with a flashing smile of surrender.
"i carry no shadows, sia-luk," chakliux answered, his seal hunter accent marking her name. "but i do look with favor on starlight."
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
last from me!

It was an answer that satisfied her, and she grinned. Chakliux was clever and a competent hunter. Mischievous, too. The raindrop could not deny these were qualities she admired. Gently, she plucked a flower from the wreath around her neck and tossed it to him.

Soon, I make a village of Moonspear. Perhaps the spirits will guide you there for a wife. An invitation, a mischievous glimmer in her own eye. There are many faces to see her tonight, both for you and this star woman. Sialuk led him back to the gathering, her eyes lingering on him a bit longer before prancing her way to the others.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
<3!

a flower. chakliux caught this thing, turned it over in his paw.
he allowed his eyes too to rest upon sialuk before returning to his dance.
but she kept steps in his mind long after the gathering had ended.