Northstar Vale Skotóno
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
Days passed without any sign of threat from the mesa and its ruler. Arsenio was not foolish enough to believe that they were clear from harm. The Pharaoh had taken a liking to Meadow, it seemed. With Tamar’s price having been paid, there was no need to worry about the ruler asking for more. That did not mean that Ramesses would refrain. The Arche had started to grow paranoid.

When would they be forced to face the ruler of Akashingo?

Prowling the vale, Arsenio diverted his path to patrol the borders. His eyes were swift to pick up on movement outside of the peace of the vale. He watched a squirrel race the length of a tree, high into the boughs until it had vanished from sight.

At the borders, Arsenio called for @Reyson. They had much to discuss.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson hadn't known any of the past with Arsenio, Tamar and the beast at Akashingo and he didn't need too. The Pharaoh had gazed to openly at Meadow, he had threatened Reyson albeit veiled and he had sent gifts to a family he knew it would terrorize. Reyson had no time for such small minded men.

His mind was clearer than it had been in some days. And with each push up mountains and the vale. He was putting lean muscle back over the skin that had begun to pad from winter and lack of movement at the palace.

A call came across the vale and he turned towards it. Giant paws tearing at the ground, shortening the space between he and the arche.

He arrived and dipped his head. Arche
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Arsenio, he corrected.

This was not the same place as Mereo, and the Arche was not the Imperator. Arsenio did not wish to be ruled by his rank. He was a man outside of a leader. He was his own soul.

Walk with me, Reyson. What did you learn of Akashingo when you were there?

It had been the reason Meadow had visited, had it not? The man had some feelings for their healer, it seemed. Arsenio was not blind to these matters. He did not care what the woman did with her personal time. If she and the soldier wished to have children in the springtime, they would be permitted. Epoch was not a place to deny such a request. She had not spoken of it to him and so he did not feel it was necessary to approach Reyson’s personal affairs with query.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded his head. He would call him whatever the leader liked. Some didn't like to be known as commander. He himself had preferred his name, though Rook had enjoyed rubbing it in. And Renaud in moments of high passion liked to say it too in a throaty sound that made Reyson want to weep.

Reyson's shoulders shivered. That it is a vipers nest.

He took a quick even breath. Imperator and Crown Prince Makono would often have meetings without prying ears and she extended her stay in Mereo. Upon our arrival to Akashingo, she was secretive there as well. And they reveled in all sorts of debauchery. They sent a little dog to speak with me and he tried to get information, but he couldn't. The Queen and The Pharaoh have different agendas, but their price is knowledge and they take their pound flesh for it. Many young girls and boys are raised as Fellahan and the things that they are expected to do. When so young.

Reyson's throat tightened and he looked away.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Akashingo had not changed, then.

It was some small comfort that the soldier hadn’t taken a liking to his time spent on the mesa. There were some who had found the Pharaoh’s ways to be alluring, some who would have followed his path if only to experience a taste of that luxury. The Arche could not find many fond memories of the spoiled man’s palace. Akashingo had been a terrible place, but it had given him the most important thing in his life.

The Fellahin are mistreated. Tamar and I spent a time in Akashingo, when it was newer. Before the Pharaoh had spread his beliefs.

Hearing that Germanicus had met with the Pharaoh’s daughter was curious. That they were secretive was even more curious. The redstone wolf wished to ask more, but he did not want to make Reyson into a spy for the Roman’s plans. Arsenio did not want anything to do with the Imperator’s plans.

Do you think they plot his death? Or to overthrow him? the Arche asked with a curious glance toward his walking companion. The Pharaoh will not be easily moved.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson hated Akashingo. Hated everything about it. There was nothing alluring about the time spend there or the pretty things to paint up an empty soulless shell of a place.

Reyson felt bad enough sharing as much as he had. He felt as if he was betraying the Imperator somehow. Little did he know the Imperator would do just that to him in the coming days.

If i had to venture a guess. Yes. The Princess or crown prince as she demands to be called. She is ambitious, and not in a good way. She is much like her father with silken tongue and plans of grandeur.

Reyson shook his head. of that I am not sure. The Pharaoh seemed a bit unhinged when I was there, and the whispers were not kind. What that means I don't know, but there was something definitely changing in Akashingo even while i was there.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I would not expect the Pharaoh’s spawn to be any different than he, Arsenio said with a shrug and a knowing smirk. Rulers like Ramesses were never born into the world with their inflated ego. It was nurtured and grown into that monstrous thing. It was built into the great threat that it was by the simpletons who bowed and pleaded and adored them. The man’s offspring would be raised in the same environment. They would have the same frivolous tastes and poor morals.

Reyson went on to say that the Pharaoh had come across as slightly mad. He had been whispering things. The Arche thought this was curious. If there was something in the works against the man’s life, he wished that he could be there to witness the end, to know if Ramesses felt fear. It would not have given him the satisfaction he desired, but it would have helped to curb his anger.

He was always mad, Reyson. The man is a natural disaster waiting for the proper wind, he warned, frowning. But it sounds as though there may be things in place to do away with him. And if that is true, I do not have any bad blood with his spawn. If they leave Epoch in peace, we will leave them. Arsenio had a family to worry about. The vale was home to his children and to Towhee and Maxim’s children. Their protection was his priority.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson remembered how Makono had treated him kindly and then when her father demanded she bring Meadow for whatever shit he wanted to do to her and the like she demanded Reyson to train even though it was past time to train. It had been nightfall.

I think it is possible for her to be worse. I hope i'm wrong.

A small dip to his head, a tick in his jaw. I'm not surprised. Most who think themselves the children of gods are. I have met more than my fair few. I'd take soldiers in dirt to royalty any day.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Arsenio chuckled at the comment about preferring soldiers to godspawn.

I have to agree with you, there, he said to the other man.

Soldiers were difficult things to deal with, yes. They had their pride, and their demonstrations of strength were known to ruffle the fur of others. At the very least, soldiers were capable of following orders with a sense of duty. Children who grew to believe they were gods, children who were raised to expect everything from their people, they knew nothing of orders or manners. Arsenio hoped that the daughter of Ramesses would have a better sense of boundaries.

What are your plans here, Reyson? What do you hope to make of your future?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded and dipped his head.

Soldiers were not easy. There was nothing wrong about that truth. However, they were of a different branding and breeding so to speak. Reyson knew how to handle them and was comfortable doing so. Godspawn. No.

Reyson sighed and closed his eyes. I haven't ever had the chance to think that far ahead, Si..i mean Aresenio.

he gave a soft smile. I always figured my future would be laying in the dirt somewhere with enemies around me, breathing my last. Though I'd like to heal, to know what true peace is.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was a sad answer.

Arsenio eyed the other man, blue gaze prying. He’d heard similar talk among the soldiers of his homeland. It was not uncommon for men of war to see their futures ending in such brutal ways. The man looked as though he had clawed his way from several near-death experiences. Perhaps he had earned the right to a peaceful retirement.

I know very little for healing. Meadow is great mind for it. My wife, Tamar, is learning. She is smart and quick to pick up on these things. I am sure they will teach you, Arsenio suggested lightly. There was no rush on Reyson’s future. He would learn these things when his heart felt the passion to study them.

Another thought struck him.

My son is learning to heal. Perhaps you and he can find time to study together. 

Realization dawned on him. 

Unless you meant only that you were hoping to heal your spirit, and not learn how to heal the wounds of others, Arsenio tried to correct his overstep. A small smile was offered to the man.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson met the gaze for a moment, and allowed briefly the man to see the iron will behind his gaze, but also the deep deep sadness, and he quickly averted his gaze. It would not do to keep his gaze so steady, he was a lowly peon here.

I have lived when i thought I wouldn't too many times over and sometimes when i wished I wouldn't.

A soft chuckle, but it was not cruelly. I did indeed mean my soul, but I will learn healing too a little bit at a time. Ah yes. Antigone. I met him briefly after I first arrived. I don't think he likes me very much. I met Zulima too I believe is her name.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The Arche’s expression shifted to something thoughtful, something troubled.

The soldier had met his son and one of his daughters. Reyson spoke of Antigone in a voice that was tight with his feelings on the boy. Arsenio couldn’t help but feel momentarily protective. It passed and he did not show his tight-bound muscles to the man beside him. The redstone wolf knew that his son was different. He had seen the way the boy had grown and the interests he had adopted.

Antigone is… he is an odd boy, Arsenio admitted in his rough voice. I do not understand him, myself. He is good to his sisters and to his mother, though. He is kind to Towhee and to Meadow. I cannot ask for more from him. It did not matter how much he had wanted his son to be a fighter. It didn’t matter because Antigone showed only contempt for the ways of a soldier.

Zulema is a good girl, though. She is curious and so much like her mother. Zosime is our other daughter. I believe she is somewhere in the middle. I see bits of me in her. I see pieces of Tamar, as well.

Arsenio’s features were warm at the thought of his daughters.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
At the moment Reyson had no other issues with Antigone, just the momentary distaste the boy had for him was surprising and troubling. However, as time moved on he would question that.

Instead he shrugged a shoulder. It takes all kinds to make a world and a village. it is good he is good to those around him.

He shook his head. I have not met the other girl. My only child that I know of, died during the last war I was in.

he didn't add that he had wished to die too, but it was clear in the way he said it.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The Arche nodded his head, agreeing with the other man.

Epoch was made of different bodies and spirits, different beliefs and skills. Arsenio would not have wanted this in a group of soldiers. To have such variety in the place where he made his home and built his family with his wife felt like a blessing. It was good to know that their newest member could see those benefits, as well.

At the mention of his child, Arsenio growled a soft noise – his condolences.

You hope to have a family here, someday? There is no rush, of course. It would be good to have more young paws racing through the vale. If it was something that Reyson wanted.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson didn't know what the future would hold. He had no idea. He saw benefits in the way that Epoch was run. But he also saw some of the ways it could benefit from different perspectives. But that was the way of any village really.

We shall see what the future holds. I suppose that would depend on what Meadow wants and if she wants to build a life with me. We are still in the new stages.

His brow furrowed, he was ready to take that step, but he felt that Meadow wasn't.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Meadow will make a good mother, when she decides on it.

Arsenio did not doubt this. He had seen the way the healer woman had tended to his children, had helped Tamar raise them. She spoke with his most difficult child with unending patience. Somehow, the warmth of Meadow’s heart had opened the spirit of Antigone. This was a blessing that Arsenio could not ignore. He was eternally grateful for her, and he hoped that she would make her home in the vale, when she decided on it.

She helped raise my young ones. She helped my wife. When it comes time for her children, they will be filled with love and care.

Arsenio did not doubt this. He only wondered if Reyson would be the man she would build her life with.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded his head. Yes she would.

Reyson smiled at the mention of the care Meadow showed the sweet Tamar. He liked the matriarch of the pack, she was kind and caring. He hoped she stayed that way.

Reyson thought Meadow wanted to build a life together it seemed she wanted too. But one could never tell these things. The future was not concrete after all.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Last from me in this one. <3 I'll make us a new one soon! For the drama bits... >w>

At least the soldier saw her worth.

Arsenio offered a smile to the other man. He felt the beginnings of their kinship in the talk they’d shared. It would be good to have another man of war in their midst. Reyson had the potential to pass his knowledge to the next generations. If he could keep his mind clear of traumatic fog, his strengths would be a great service to Epoch.

I should go check on Tamar. Let’s hunt later. It will be good to feed the women, Arsenio suggested to the man. He bumped his shoulder against Reyson’s scarred body and turned his trail to where he might find his wife.