Greatwater Lake bruises on both my knees for you
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
All Welcome 
Open to anyone she hasn't met!

It was raining relentlessly. She had anticipated it, somehow, and had moved to higher ground — but not before her den filled partway with water and then became a mud hole, fit to wallow in. The girl was sad to see it in such disrepair but was also awed by the force of the weather.
In Akashingo it was rare to see rain, and when the cliffs were defaced by frost and snow she was equally enamored. This was different only in its scope — the rain had been brewing overnight, and fell for hours. She crept to the lakeside and watched as the drops left ripples on an otherwise calm surface, bright-eyed despite the sorry state of her life.
96 Posts
Ooc — Maria
She enjoyed the rain. Selena thought of it as the spirits cleansing the earth. The droplets of water that ran down her coat cleansed her too, and she felt embraced. Kindness and compassion was something the newcomer had been craving lately, but was difficult to come by in this new pack she had decided to join. This strange version of a family unit, where no one spoke. She felt lonely sometimes.

After taking time to practice self care, rolling herself along the wet and pungent grass for both the scent and the feeling, Selena found herself heading toward the lake. A daily ritual she had taken on since arriving here. 

Another wolf was here today, and luckily smelled like she belonged to the lake as well. She shouldn’t talk. The girl clamped her mouth shut to fight the urge to say hello, in fear this wolf might take offense like her Alpha had. Instead she offered a soft yip in greeting, wagging her tail hesitantly.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
As she watched the water, a shadow crept in to her periphery. Nazli wasn't startled when there came the little sound from the woman, but she did look warily to them, eyes flicking across their dark face and dark eyes, and away again.
She did miss the friendly wag of their tail.
Nazli had to be strong, lately. She knew this wasn't Akashingo and that she had no real role here, but she also knew her own strengths came out when she was in attendance to the needs of others — so, that's what she would do.
Can I help you with something? Her voice was meek, and her posture small. If this was one of the wordless creatures of the lakeside she would have to be ready to run.
96 Posts
Ooc — Maria
Selena nearly keeled over on the spot when the female spoke to her. Her black gaze was wide as she couldn't help the next words fall from her mouth, "You talk?!" Immediately the woman felt foolish, closing her gawking maw with a quick snap. "I'm sorry, I just didn't expect you to say something. No one here seems to talk so when you did I was like..." It was like the words couldn't get out fast enough as her sentences ran into each other excitedly, trailing off into nothingness as the subordinate honestly forgot where she was going with all of this.

"Let me start over. Hi, I'm Selena." She felt lifted by the spirits, and it could be heard in her voice. She was hopeful she might have found a friend in this new place.
Akashingo
Jodai

blameless
289 Posts
Ooc — Twin
gonna jump in here if y'all don't mind! will keep her in the bg unless she gets interaction <3
Khaba had left her alone, now. Which was fine. She'd allowed herself to explore at her own pace, testing the area, familiarizing herself with the scents of her new packmates. Fresh and exciting in its own right, forming her own paths around the territory. She'd made half a loop around the bank of the lake before turning back around, sand and mud collecting on the bottoms of her feet.
Voices caught her attention. An actual conversation, no less, which was unexpected; her assumption had been that no one else here spoke much, given how little Khaba himself had used his own voice. Curiously, she creeps closer,  but stops a few yards away, ears panning out to the sides of her head. Perhaps it would be best to wait for them to notice her, should they at all.