Lion Head Mesa you are my religion
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
@Melody maybe? <3

Toula knew there was another woman priest among them, other than her childhood companion Medusa; now that time had passed, and she was no longer within her own mourning, it felt an appropriate time to seek her. pray with her, perhaps.
speaking with a fellahin softly, she urged they collect the Hemet and bring the girl to her. together, they would visit Iset!
124 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
I saw this, opened a tab to respond, and then forgot about it because I'm the worst I'm so sorry, gonna say this is after the Tuna thread in Melody's timeline
Melody still was not used to the coyotes. She'd stayed oblivious to their presence for quite awhile, too absorbed in trying to understand her role in Akashingo. None of it made much sense to her — but it sounded really cool, at least. Enough to keep her loosely invested for now, in the absence of that enchanting girl who had accepted her.

As it turned out, the Fellahin who was sent to fetch her would ultimately lead her to their new leader, a girl she found equally enchanting. Younger, to be sure, but not so far off from Melody's own age. She didn't dare get too close, couldn't even bring herself to speak the first word, so she only stopped and gave a quick nod of greeting, looking around a little nervously.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
no worries at alll!
there she was! and Toula beamed as the Hemet bowed, looking over the girl her sister had taken in. in this way, Melody was a piece of her. she wore the furs cocoa and hazelnut, and her eyes were an exotic shade that Toula was captivated by. so lovely, this priestess to be! it was no wonder Makono had taken her in.
a fellahin announced Toula and her many roles to the one standing with her then. they had not formally met, though the fault was neither of theirs! life in the palace had been busy, certainly for she herself as she stepped into her new role.
you are a treasure to me, Toula admits to the girl, for the Pharaoh herself has brought you into our fold. while she travels, it will be you that reminds me of her, she revealed, her tone taking a playful note. but there was truth to it!
drifting nearer to the Hemet, she speaks once more in her light voice: I had hoped that we two might pray together. to Khonsu, the God who looks after travelers, and much more; and to Isis, who I myself am strongly connected to, for her own deeds, and for Senmut's own words that connected the two more and more. would this be of appeal to the pretty one before her, she wondered?
124 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
It seemed that Melody was not the only one who often dwelled on thoughts of the departed Pharaoh. That wasn't surprising to her, but she hadn't expected such warmth from Toula. She blushed furiously, and nodded mutely as the girl spoke of prayers. The girl still could not wrap her mind around so much power belonging to those her age and younger — but it was a great comfort, too, to know that she was ruled by someone who, in the absence of the roles that separated them, would be considered her peer.

I would like that, She followed up when she found her voice again, but it came out hushed. But I'm afraid I don't know anything about Khonsu, or Isis. Melody wanted to ask if Toula would tell her some about them, but felt it more appropriate to wait for an offer. If none were forthcoming, then she would simply have to ask Senmut later.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
the Queen felt pleased to know she would have a companion in the learning priestess. and that she might teach her pleased her all the more! 
there were so many stories to tell—but where to begin! then today you shall learn of them, Toula hums happily. it was not beneath her, to do so; pious and devout, she felt honored by it! 
but first! what was it, that made you wish to become Hemet? she wondered aloud to her, beginning to move the well-worn pathway to Iset. this answer might aid her in where to begin, and perhaps find a God or Goddess that her own spirit might be called to worship!
124 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Melody flushed with delight, already half-planning future excuses to spend more time with Toula. This would be foremost among them. No one could fault a priestess for wanting to learn more about gods, right?

She even forgot her shame long enough to let slip an embarrassingly honest answer to the Queen's question. Well, I guess Pharaoh did, Melody sighed, her eyes far-away when she thought of the enchanting girl. She very much wished that she would come back. And just like that, Melody forgot all about gods.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
Pharaoh. Makono. and this another reason Toula wished to see this through with the darling Melody. to make Pharaoh proud, and satisfied. more than that, too—then we shall make Pharaoh happy, together, she enthused! 
it was true that Toula was thrilled by the idea. to pray, and get to know this subject further… what could be better than this?! Toula, hoping to be indulged, asked: tell me of the things that please you in this life, with a smile.
124 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Melody warmed, feeling for the first time that she'd found a true connection to the departed Pharaoh. The Queen didn't make her feel awkward about her own lingering attachment; in fact, she seemed pleased by it.

So it was easy to answer her next question. I love to sing, mostly, She admitted, aware that it was an unfortunate choice of hobby in combination with her name. She'd heard enough comments about it growing up, though never directly to her face. Her parents were at fault, clearly. But I'm a dancer, too, and I love painting. I enjoy... beauty, I guess. It runs in the family, she almost added, thinking of her father. But then she remembered that she didn't want to think about him.

I enjoy tracking, too, Melody added after a moment. I'm not usually so good at uh, noticing details. But it's different when I'm tracking something. When she truly focused, she missed nothing. The only difficult part was finding that focus.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
I love to sing as well; I often do so, for the Gods. I could teach you Their songs, she offered with a wave of her tail. painting and dancing—each she loved as well! I would love to see your paintings… and dancing! oh! we must dance together! there will be much dancing at my coronation,
she thrilled at this, eyes bright. there was much Melody could do here with each of those things! would you like to see and learn the dances of Akashingo? she offered, and then, perhaps you might teach me the dances you know, as well!
tracking. it was good to know, but it felt added as though an afterthought. perhaps the least enjoyed of the things she had listed, but Toula nodded having heard it. perhaps tracking something like… what one likes, rather than following a scent—would something like that be of interest? she wondered.