Swiftcurrent Creek contents under pressure
96 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
it is undeniable now that she is with child.

to her immense relief, the stranger had not followed her back to swiftcurrent creek ... and had not sought her since.

but the commander is not quite sure what to do with her body that now feels awkward and bumbling. the thin cut of a warrior's physique was ... gone. not forever, she hopes; but as the life grows within her she finds it more difficult to patrol the borders.

and wants to less and less.

she is not sure that she is cut from the cloth of motherhood ... but she does not shy from her natural instincts as they warn her away. even if she suffers from not knowing what to do to keep busy.

such as she does this particular morning.

so, she begrudgingly settles for watching the play of colors in the sky as dawn breaks and the sun begins it's ascension.

bellatrix is pregnant since april 19th
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
961 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric didn't know much, but he knew enough to know that new life was coming into the creek. He sighed as he sought out a deer. Feeling the burn of fatigue in his muscles. They were small in number and not many hunters anymore. But they were holding their own and the young mouths they had to feed.  Mind you he didn't mind the extra work or the responsibility, but there was a huge gap between the young and the able to hunt and it was growing wider every day.

Though he quickly pushed the thoughts aside and with fish in his maw went in search of the female Bellatrix. He didn't know who fathered her children, and he hadn't asked. That wasn't his business, but keeping her healthy that was his business.

So he dropped the fish at her feet and chuffed. I know it's hard to eat, but fish is good for you and you should try.
96 Posts
Ooc — delaney
arric's gesture is kind and ...necessary as simple things have become increasingly hard for bellatrix to accomplish upon her own the further along her pregnancy goes.

but unfortunately, the smell of salt and fish together unsettle her stomach and it roils violently.

she manages to — barely — keep from throwing up in front of him.

ugh, she gags. no thank you.

it wouldn't do her much good if she threw it up right after eating it.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
961 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
With quick precision he swiped at the dirt and buried the offending fish further deep. he couldn't toss it, the smell would linger at least this way, she'd have something for letter and the smell would dissipate sooner, he hoped anyway.

SOrry.

He stepped back moving his large paws away from the vicinity of her mouth. He wasn't looking to have chunks decorating his black fur.
96 Posts
Ooc — delaney
bellatrix feels a strong rush of awkwardness.

she appreciated the kindness, knowing that it was becoming increasingly hard for her to take care of herself.

she feels guilt for a moment but it passes, like the sharp press of a little paw against her rib.

is there something i can do for you, arric? she struggles, pulling from the way of her adopted people, to think there was only kindness in the arrival of the beta and nothing more to the gesture.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
961 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric had only wanted to mske sure she ate. And something good for her body and the babies, but it seemed it wouldn't work. He felt a small flare of guilt perhaps he shoulda asked, but as all things. Arric pushed it aside as he focised on thr moment and his breathing..

He shook his head. Naw. I just wanted to make sure you got something to eat. Sorry the little ones didn't like the smell and decided to rebel.
96 Posts
Ooc — delaney
unfortunately, for bellatrix, her general disdain for the male species is an issue in the creek. considering it's two leaders were men. and being born men wasn't their fault.

still, she cannot bring herself to trust, despite that arric's intentions feel genuine.

still, she is paranoid that there was some deeper meaning to his actions beyond wanting to be a good packmate.

it was kind, his gesture.

and she wars with the guilt.

i was never fond of fish even before... she admits.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
961 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Bellatrix had never warmed up to him or his leader. And well he often wondered why she stayed. He would never ask her that, because she deserved a place. And he liked her well enough and she'd been loyal, but if she disliked him and Akavir so much. At least that was how it seemed at any rate.

Arric's ears went to his head for a minute. I'm sorry I should have asked. I just heard, fish was good for you when you were pregnant so.

he shifted a large shoulder. Alright. Well if you don't need anything. I'm gonna head out on patrol. Feel better.

Then he'd turn and walk away if not stopped.