Pledged
Dragonspine
878 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
When Masquerade summoned the leaders this time—requesting @Augur in particular if he was available—their voice came from the middle of the pack’s territory. They stood at the crest of the rise, wisps of vapor pouring visibly into the chilly September air as they emptied their lungs. When they ran out of air, they closed their jaws and peered around, tail idly twitching as they waited. They hoped the Ulfhedinn would come, though if their mother or Lilia approached, Masquerade would make their declaration to one of them.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
648 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
the border markings, refreshed and again.

steam rose from his jaws as they parted in a friendly bark, marking his trajectory for thorn caller.

when he stood near, the huntsman waved his tail once, a rumbling chuff shaking the air while his yellow eyes waited to know why he had been summoned.
Pledged
Dragonspine
878 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
When the Ulfhedinn came, Masque’s heart did a little leap in their chest. They bowed their head and let their tail droop in deference as he approached. When he came to a halt, they slunk to close the gap and bumped their crimson snout against his grizzled chin, perhaps more reverentially than usual. They took a breath, then stepped back.

I want to focus on the hunt, they said, tipping their chin upward a little while careful never to present a challenge to the leader. The pups do not need a Caru so much these days. I intend to continue those duties in the spring. Until then, I want to serve the rise as an Ulfr.

Their heart thumped as they boldly announced their new vocation. Augur could always disagree but Masquerade was not so much asking as telling. All the pups were Toweards now. They didn’t need a sitter any longer but the pack could always use another set of teeth: a Fengtoth, to be precise.

Masquerade was done languishing.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
648 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
thorn caller did not waste a moment.

the child of red woman wished to become a hunter. augur saw the shifting need, as the pups grew into their roles.

spring was mentioned, and while augur knew he and new snow would bring a third litter into life, this spring would be in flux. red woman had come back. masque remained. their blood took precedence, and augur suspected that a daughter's claim to litters would be upheld over that of wolverine.

especially if red woman took wealda again.

it was the way of wolves.

he grunted and agreed with a low pleased growl; he touched his jaws to their forehead. it was done. a swing around of his gait invited the new ulfr along to lead a small hunt, just they and he alone.
Pledged
Dragonspine
878 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Augur approved. It was written all over his features as he rumbled acknowledgement, then touched his snout to their forehead. Masquerade’s flesh tingled at the contact right before a flush of warmth swept along their entire body. They couldn’t decide if they were more pleased with themself or the Ulfhedinn’s immediate acceptance.

Their head held high and their tail even twitching up a few notches, they sprang after him when he turned. Masque’s heart danced in their chest as they flanked him. It was more than fitting to commemorate this moment with a hunt. Every cell in their body thrilled at the prospect of bloodshed and a hot meal.

It would just be the two of them, though Masquerade smiled to themself when they realized they couldn’t wait to tell @Mulherin in particular all about this. Perhaps they would bring their spoils to him directly afterward to break the news.

Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
648 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
where thorn caller led, augur would follow.

to have another hunter was a fine thing, though many might call him biased. it spoke of strong support, to have the young wolf versed in two things.

it boded well for his own daughters as well, that more hunters followed. he hoped one of them would take his mantle one day.

and if not, he could think of no others better suited than thorn caller.
Pledged
Dragonspine
878 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Augur fell back, which Masquerade understood meant they were to take point. They grinned wolfishly, confident in their ability to lead the two of them to success. They thought of their recent foray with Riley and guided the Ulfhedinn that way, eager to plunder the warren again and perhaps come away with three rabbits for their efforts.

That didn’t happen, though they managed a pair between them after a few hours’ worthwhile work. The Caru Ulfr insisted Augur claim one; whether he ate it himself or shared it with his family was up to him. The slightly larger of the two, they plucked out of a puddle of its own blood.

With the carcass clenched firmly in their jaws by its lifeless midriff, Masquerade did a little pirouette: a manifestation of the excitement and fulfillment beating in their heart. They woofed to Augur, then dipped their head and raced away with their spoils, eager to share with their brother.

I figured this thread would be short and sweet, hope it’s cool that I fast-tracked it! Feel free to wrap and/or send it to the archives.