Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
They were filled to the brim and most of them were babies. Rodyn would need to call on his packmates to help hunt. They were beginning to lose the stores he had worked so hard for. And he refused to let his people go hungry. He chewed on his lip.

Perhaps it was time to go trading earlier. Hunt and meet others that could help him. He mentally tried to think of all the packs around. And even he didn't know. Where should he start and could he even leave.

Today he went tracking a herd of deer were nearby. He could maybe even catch one.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
101 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
poor rodyn, so deep in thought! iiana had noticed he left a trail, and so she followed the stressed chief out into the wilds. from behind, she could already see the deer herd that caught his eye.
the blonde mane settles on her haunches.
for old times sake, ey? she's ready for his command. whichever he saw most fit, she would give chase. she too worried for moontide.
[Image: Illustration458-1.png]
the taste of salt at the tip of my tongue means i am home
Moontide
Alpha*
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A smile lit up Rodyns face and into his eyes when he saw Iiana. She had been with him since the beginning. Like Heph, like Chak.

Absolutely. How have you been, Iiana. I'm sorry i haven't made as much time to speak to you.

He studied the herd while he waited for her answers. Brought his yellow gaze back to her face. A small wag of his tail. The muscles behind his neck tight with anticipation and stress.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
101 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
mmn.. older! i feel a creak in my bones already. and i might have to start looking into dying my mane soon so it stops greying, but i'm fine.
her own eyes travel towards the herd. they were always so big in spring!

bah, you're fine! you've been busy! with the bigwigs coming in and so many new puppies..!
for a moment, iiana saddened for rodyn. she wonders, just for a moment, how things could've been if samani was here. perhaps the man wouldn't be so stressed. she never truly met the woman, and iiana regrets that.

i like that big one. clearly it's been eating too much grass lately.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn chuckled at her words. He'd be lying if he said he didn't feel a little different himself. He was not so old that he couldn't do things. But it took him a few minutes longer to recover. He didn't move as fast out of the way.

Rodyn frowned. They wish to trade again. But with all the food we must gather for the puppies. I am unsure if I can fulfill the promise.

He followed her graze and looked at her with a small teasing glint. Do you think your bones can take that one?
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
101 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
hm.. it'll be at their place, right? i can go, maybe drag along a couple of traders who want a taste of luxury for a while. that way, you don't have so many mouths to feed at the same time, and the puppies can grow up strong and swell. or did they ask you to come?

iiana fires back with a barrage of her own questions, only to be redirected back towards the hunt.
of course! she turns her nose high up to the sky, her own teasing gesture. now wasn't the time to be sad! if she wants to see rodyn in a happier state, she'll have to work. even if it means chasing pot bellied deer.

speckled blonde tail lifts high as she marches into position, suddenly sinking into the grass.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt his hesrt lighten a little. For her to offer. He nodded.

I promised I would go, but you could go ahead of me and perhaps I can come after.

All of their traders had children he was thinking. But he also was slightly distracted by the deer.

He followed sinking into the grass as well. Forelegs taut with the way he moved. One breath two breaths. Feel the earth.

Then he smiled at Iiana and raced towards the deer.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
101 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
mm, maybe. maybe chak and heph can keep an eye on the families. it's always fine to throw in the towel too, maybe reschedule. they were pretty nice, from what i saw. a strange bunch but.. i'm sure they'd understand.

her voice teetered as she crawled between the blades of grass. it was almost like when she first arrived.

almost.

the old man had joined her for just a moment before he burst into a sprint. a war path for the deer. iiana, surprised for a moment, leaps into action right after. they cut through the field, iiana determined to close the distance not just between the deer but rodyn too. how dare he just go first like that! this isn't just a hunt now, but a race.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn didn't like the thought of throwing in the towel. It felt cruel especially if Racharra was truly looking for a husband among the moon packs. He wouldn't ruin it for her either.

But it also was something he must entertain the thought of. They were at capacity it was a lot of work to keep hia people fed, safe and happy.

Rodyn's laughter lifted back towards her before he turned it into a happy growl. He knew she would follow and possibly win. And it was fun.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
101 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
his laughter was enough to satisfy iiana. but not enough to stop her from winning! she gave the first nip at the deer, separating it from its herd.

she knew little of politicking, but as long as it meant the best for moontide, her home, iiana would go even beyond the teekons to see it through. so her offer stands, to go to akashingo with a small but certainly noble party, as all the wolves of moontide were in her eyes. if rodyn wished to join or reject it, that would be his choice.

fade to after the deer gets unalived?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn hardly laughed anymore. He had grown somber and serious in the wake of his beloved's death. But he was beginning to be happy at times.

She began to separate. He followed.snapping at haunches and legs. Bloodying what he could. He'd let Iiana have the death blow. And he'd separate the fur and antlers for her. Keep the fur for trading if she was amenable.

sure fade with your post?
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
101 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
alr!!

their target hits the ground with an unceremonious tumble, and it lays limp. the herd is quick to move on, only turning to give nervous glances at the wolves to make sure they weren't coming for more.

~

iiana left skinning the deer to rodyn, and instead worked on bringing the best chunk of meat back home. every part of the deer had to be used so she'll have to make multiple trips — but its death must not go to waste.