Dragoncrest Cliffs he could hardly speak.
Sapphique
Pearl
THEY'LL NEVER TAKE MY POWER
422 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
All Welcome 
AW for sibbies but maybe @Jadou ? :o

i got you a treatie. sobeille announced to the first sibling she saw, dangling what looked suspiciously like a chewed canid ear in front of her sibling.

she couldn’t promise she could tell them all apart. she’d more or less remained indifferent to them all once she’d returned from her trip. part of her was still bitter that her maman had more children. she’d already made the perfect one, why did she try for more?

what insulted her more was that a man had touched her maman in the first place. sobeille was a year old today - she understood enough of wolf biology to understand there were two components necessary to reproduction.

but personally, she only preferred the one component.

sobeille sent the mangled ear towards her sibling’s nose with a lazy flick. eat up, dummy.
Sapphique
Pebble
23 Posts
Ooc — Twin
GASPS EXCITEDLY

i's not a dummy! jadou's crackly voice shouts from the back of the roja den. sobeille had rudely woken him from his daily afternoon nap with the raunchy-smelling ear that now sat placidly in front of his face. the gall! the audacity! you be de dummy, dummy.
in all fairness, jadou did not yet know what to make of his older siblings, either. sobeille was the only one he had grown familiar with in any sense, and she was certainly... a person who existed.
wut is dat? he prods at the offering with an extended toe, concern sweeping the pudgy little face. his glare is pitiful as he stares up at the elder seagirl.
Sapphique
Pearl
422 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
okay, dummy. sobeille responded to the boy’s outrage by swinging a leg over the stone. as he prodded the ear she seized it, and dangled it just out of reach.

too slow! her eyes twinkled. while she was a year old, she would never be so old as to not have a little playfulness. she stilled, waiting for jadou and his crackling voice to make the first move. it’s mine now, dat’s what it is. she began to chew it thoughtfully, as if she might chew the whole thing to bits right there.
Sapphique
Pebble
23 Posts
Ooc — Twin
this bitch. jadou was appalled! he was the little one here, and frankly, he expected to be provided for! fierceness flares behind the dark baby blues. he ought to bite her, and yet —
he decidedly could do nothing but pout.
i'll get maman, he tuts, little red ears panning out to either side of his head. i'll tell 'er you be starvin' me, an' dat i'm gonna die!
he tries to reach up to grab it with his fat little puppy paws and his tiny little puppy teeth, snapping at her like a wild gar and swinging wildly with uncoordinated jabs to her shoulders and her chest. his growl is similarly comically pathetic as it weaves out from his clenched jaws.
where you even get dat, anywheys? he'd done tired himself out after a good thirty seconds of nonstop thrashing, and now, defeated, he flops back to the ground with a plop, shoulders slumped in disappointment.
Sapphique
Pearl
422 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
all sobeille had to do was crane her head out of reach. it was an unusual feeling, being taller. sobeille decided she quite liked it.

go’hed, sobeille answered the boy’s pugilistic challenge between grit teeth. she was not afraid of maman, and if maman happened to chastise her for bullying the kids sobeille would sulkily point she was here first.

jadou’s milk teeth snapped at her fur, but eventually he plopped to the ground in a huff, a small cloud of pollen and forest dust haloing him. sobeille stepped forward, the ear tip dangling from her teeth teasingly.

i got it from de cache. she held it towards him. you want?
Sapphique
Pebble
23 Posts
Ooc — Twin
why you be lyin'? he retorts, a frown curling at the corners of his mouth. he was resolute enough to not cry, but he certainly wanted to, the muscles in his chin wobbling and burning with the effort it took to hold himself together.
no. he was stronger than this. he was strong! and he was also smart; a little lightbulb goes off above his head as the gears begin to turn. where de rest of it be, den? he crows, the frown slowly twisting into a shit-eating little grin. you can 'ave de ear. i want de big meats! bring me de leg or i'll 'ave maman git rid a' you!
Sapphique
Pearl
422 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
a little smile curled the corners of sobeille’s lips. all mine, den. she murmured through the chewed velveteen fur. she did not wait for protest — she sat down, pared the ear between her outstretched paws, and chewed it with the rough gusto of a hungry dog. it went down her gullet in a matter of seconds, and she savored the way the gristle crackled on the way down.

de rest of it is in de cache, dummy. sobeille informed in the patented tone only a long-suffering older sister could muster. she licked the fleckings of fur and flesh from her whiskers, crossing one paw in front of the other as she looked pointedly at the (dummy) boy who’d refused probably the first — and last — gift he’d ever get from her.

bossy little shit. mebbe i take your leg instead. sobeille leveled him a look that regrettably informed she was serious. dat would be a nice lil treatie.
Sapphique
Pebble
23 Posts
Ooc — Twin
as he watches her eat it, his face suddenly scrunches in disgust; really, the whole thing? hair and cartilage and all? jadou was only used to regurgitated slop, in all fairness, having only recently begun to dabble in solid foods — but he was given the good stuff, all the big muscles and juicy, fatty bits.
the cache, she says again. bold of her to assume jadou knew where the hell that was. a brow raises in condemnation as he levels with her, tongue poking out and flicking over his nose in a serpentine fashion. but he is not about to admit defeat, lest he be called dummy yet again. he was not a dummy!
go'hed, he mocks in the face of her threat, bravely puffing out his chest and thumping his tail against the ground. see wut 'appen. i dareeeeeee you.
Sapphique
Pearl
422 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
the boy’s tongue darted out in colubrid fashion. for a moment, sobeille looked over him in the detached manner of a entomologist observing an insect under a rock.

her muscles tensed at the invitation. it would be so easy —

but he was family. sobeille had some provisional rules in place about family.

the girl’s resolve steeled as she rose. nah. licking her lips, sobeille sauntered right past him where the rendezvous site spilled out into a trail. i got tastier things to eat.
Sapphique
Pebble
23 Posts
Ooc — Twin
i be tasty! jadou caws, grumbling as he watches her saunter away. he did not fully comprehend the reality of what he said, but that did not matter — sobeille had started a competition, and jadou was now determined to win.
the earlier test of his stamina now buried by seemingly boundless puppy energy, he begins to toddle after her, ducking around the thorny undergrowth and jumping up to get her attention. either he's a lot taller than he thinks he is, or she's a whole lot shorter than she looked before, because if he springs up with just the right amount of force, he can touch his nose to her chin.
with this newly discovered skill, he levels her with a new challenge: how well can she ignore her own instinct? he begins to nuzzle and bump against the corners of her mouth, tongue grossly lodged between her lips, hoping to stimulate the urge to regurgitate.
this way, he could have his treatie just the way he liked it.
Sapphique
Pearl
422 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
all meat is tasty, sobeille clapped back, hardly realizing she’d said the same thing to shardik several weeks before.

she strode past, wondering if jadou would follow. the scamper of his feet informed her he had; suddenly he was underfoot, leaping with such annoying insistence that sobeille’s muzzle wrinkled in a silent snarl.

jadou continued the barrage to her senses; twice sobeille pushed past, only to feel the cold press of his wet nose to her cheek. on the third touch something happened; her stomach dumped its contents through her mouth, ending up in a steaming and half-frothy pile at her feet.

sobeille recoiled, cutting the child a look that was equal parts revision and annoyance.
Sapphique
Pebble
23 Posts
Ooc — Twin
at first he was met with annoyance, but soon enough, his hard work is rewarded. she spews the contents of her stomach at him; chewed and yet undigested, the perfect consistency and temperature. she looks at him with ire. he meets her with a triumphant lift of his chin and the soft, shrieky cackle of a child.
he bends down to gulp it down in haphazard bites, smacking his lips with shit-eating emphasis. tanks for de treatie, he mumbles, mouth smudged with crimson juices. i winned yer game.
Sapphique
Pearl
422 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
as angry as sobeille was, it did not stop the asp-like thought that slithered unwelcome into her head.

maleah. the crumbs of oleander petals. the shriek of the wind off the cliff as maleah's eyes grew heavy.

how hard, truly, could it be..?

he ate the entire of her gut's contents. sobeille watched with a sense of dark satisfaction.

the boy threw back his head in a cackle. i 'ope you like cubmeat. sobeille replied airily. whether it was a bluff or not, her body language did not say. with a swipe of her paw at his hindquarters sobeille rose, training her gaze on the distant waters. how long before he tested the waters, and by proxy, his birthright?