Ankyra Sound They started praying, they were saying, "well we hope you'll be forgiven."
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn felt her heart clench at that return statement, and she closed her eyes.  It gave some answer, but not enough.  Enough to start, maybe.

I didn't think they would let me leave.  And I've never been so scared to die.  She'd never wanted to, but she'd never feared it.  She'd thrown herself into danger a thousand times over and always done it with a confidence that occasionally bordered stupidity.  I've never loved anything like I love you.  Her voice faltered on this admission - not because she was afraid to say it, but because it held so much feeling.  

It took her a minute to get the rest gathered, but she owed some sort of explanation.  I've tempted death too many times.  And this feels like courting her again, staying right beneath their noses.  If I meet them again, they'll end this for good, and if they find out their message didn't work, they may send another. Now she was just talking, and it almost felt like she was speaking with the ocean herself.  It did help, actually.  I couldn't bear it if that message was you.  I've never fought for a place.  I've never had a place I've considered home.  Not even Ironsea.  She'd led there, but she hadn't fought for it.  She'd have given it to the bear in an instant if it meant her crew was safe.  But if you love this place, then I'll fight for you.  I can't lose you either.

Finally, she fell silent, waiting to see what her reply would be.
Messages In This Thread
RE: They started praying, they were saying, "well we hope you'll be forgiven." - by Rosalyn - January 19, 2019, 06:03 PM