Totoka River right down the line
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn had been dimly aware that Raleska searched for Caiaphas, but not that she had acquired help for it.  Her face remained indecipherable but internally she felt a coil.  She'd never understand the girl's devotion to a mother who, in Rosalyn's mind, had failed her completely.  Perhaps not as badly as the pirate's own, but enough to deserve detachment.  She held her tongue each time it was referenced, yet she couldn't help the curdle of ill-born and (to her) righteous resentment.

To find and to lose one another, it seems.  She said offhand.  There was no judgement to the statement, though.  That call was for Raleska to make, not hers.  She heard nothing in his story that impressed her, though.  He was a blank slate; perhaps they found one another, but she saw no evidence that he had actually helped her daughter through these times.  Raleska had returned after Caiaphas' fall broken and alone.  It was the same when her children were born.

She would give him the benefit of not counting this against him, but she'd half-expected more.  Certainty is something we've all had little of.  I suppose you'll need to earn it.  Rosalyn eyed him sideways.  For what it is worth... I don't approve.  I suppose there will be fun in proving me wrong, if that is the sort of thing you take pleasure in.  She hoped, for Raleska's sake (and subsequently, his own) that he did.  

Then, without much segue, she began to scan the shore once more.  If he had been found, no doubt he'd have let them know where home was by now.  I don't like that there's been so long without word.  The statement was mostly made at herself, but it was an invitation to move on if he wished.  Valravn was a bit... scattered at times, but he wouldn't have remained away so long by choice.  Not without his siblings and without them.  He was either more lost than they thought or being kept somewhere, and neither was good.

WC: 336
Messages In This Thread
right down the line - by RIP Kaertok - November 24, 2020, 09:41 AM
RE: right down the line - by Rosalyn - November 24, 2020, 09:55 AM
RE: right down the line - by RIP Kaertok - November 24, 2020, 08:08 PM
RE: right down the line - by Rosalyn - November 27, 2020, 01:53 AM
RE: right down the line - by RIP Kaertok - November 29, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: right down the line - by Rosalyn - November 29, 2020, 11:53 PM
RE: right down the line - by RIP Kaertok - November 30, 2020, 08:04 PM
RE: right down the line - by Rosalyn - December 03, 2020, 01:51 PM
RE: right down the line - by RIP Kaertok - December 05, 2020, 10:00 AM
RE: right down the line - by Rosalyn - December 08, 2020, 11:26 PM