Luneshale Pass a letter, first;
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
651 Posts
Ooc — anon
the words that came were listened to with some measure of surprise. now, all three had reached out to her in voice—and she smiled at the thought. but as the words came, Toula found that perhaps she had been wrong to think this the reason or intent for his sending this fellahin. it did not sound like a love letter, after all. it began absent of all sentiment. but even so, Toula listened. Senmut had always had such a way with words, and she found herself hanging on to each of them and imagining him speak them with a smile. 
this was all very him, and she had not let herself wonder if she could love him as he was. now she did, her mind wandering for a moment. Toula was then keenly aware that she already did—though perhaps not in a way that would do either of them any good. she was glad to hear them well, had prayed on it each and every day!
but her heart stuttered as the letter continues, surprise flashing across her features as the last words were spoken. now this! it was unexpected! a warm feeling heated her cheeks, and Toula wished to ask the fellahin how he seemed when he spoke this. her mind had just began to ponder what, by marrying him, she might take away from him—his own chance at love! 
had she become this to him now? had the days apart… changed things for him? her eyes turned to the flower he had provided for her before his departure. before that? would she have missed that? 
her gaze panned to the cuff the Sphinx had delivered to her. and she found her stomach turning as she questioned what she herself might want. it was natural she not know for certain, not before meeting one candidate—it was him she strangely longed for, she found. he who most might understand her. 
was he what and who was best? Toula thought he could be—but thought would not be enough, and knew she must uncover this when she met him. and she could not deny that the Sphinx Thutmose surprised her so pleasantly that he came to her in dreams, where they picnicked and he fed to her sweet honeycomb—
no such dreams of Senmut. but now something stirred as she imagined him discovering that, after all this time, he might love her… how romantic! 
Toula thought with some amusement how one might enjoy this story told upon her pyramid; she would, someday, have it transcribed. a tale of three princes, and a Queen. 
send this in return, she started: 

it is as I have prayed it to be;
the Gods are on our side! 
day and night I speak to Them, 
asking They watch over you, and keep each of you safe. 

I am eager to see the sights you speak of—
and I am eager to see you, as well, prince.
I find I miss your voice joining mine in morning prayer to Ra, 
and did not know how quiet it might become without you.

it was true that Akashingo was still abuzz, but there was a difference that Toula had observed. she was drawn toward his own halls, where she—usually—would hear him busy with work. a comfort, truly. a thing she could count on the hour that she passed. and now, in that same space, a stillness she had been unprepared for. 

do you speak my name more than the rest, prince? 
I do think of you—your absence is strangely loud, and I do not like it!

I look upon your flower now, and wonder what your gaze might be upon—may soon you be able to show me,

until then, or next you send word!, your creator—

foolish, to let herself think on this at length like she did then. foolish because she knew Senmut was a man of duty, and perhaps that was what this effort was more than anything else—but the fellahin had already gone to find @Senmut and would speak the words to no other, as the rest who sent their words. oh! 
Toula frowned at the thought—she must pray on it.
Messages In This Thread
a letter, first; - by Senmut - August 23, 2023, 04:54 PM
RE: a letter, first; - by Toula - September 03, 2023, 10:15 PM
RE: a letter, first; - by Senmut - September 04, 2023, 03:10 PM