Moonspear oh, this empty thing i've done
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
aw! in which arcturus' eyes first start to change bawww

arcturus, as of late, had taken a fondness to inspecting the world around him, and comparing these objects of interest to himself and his family. this quirk had first developed once he was old enough to recognize that yami and yama were the same - at least, phenotypically.

at first, this realization made him feel incredibly left out, like he wasn't good enough - everyone had a counterpart except for him - yami had yama, vela had daddy, revui looked like jarilo -- but what about him?

and then, arcturus realized, after seeing his blue eyed reflection in a puddle one day, that he looked like hydra -- arguably, the most bad-ass of his siblings and certainly an object of idolatry to impressionable little arcturus. she bested him at every turn, taught him new tricks and played rough -- and every interaction he was learning --embodying -- the stern nature of his older sibling.

it gave arcturus a sense of pride to learn that his counterpart, his familiar, was shared with no other littermate but himself. he preened himself the way he had seen hydra groom herself, he tried carrying himself with the same composure, and he even tried his hand at imitating her throaty growls when it suited him.

and so, on a day like today, when he was reminded of how much he belonged in this family, it certainly came as no small shock when he paused at the rim of a rain-made puddle and met a reflection that did not quite reconcile with the shades of reflections past. arcturus frowned as he bent over the small pool, not unlike narcissus in his trance -- what was wrong with this puddle that it would show the clarivoyant blue of his gaze had suddenly become muddled?

convinced then the fault lied in the puddle and not him, arcturus rose on shaky limbs and looked desperately around him. another puddle, smaller and gleaming from the bright sun, caught his eyes and he bolted towards it.

yet the sight that greeted him, the uncertain eyes that peered into that glassy world -- those eyes too, were different. they seemed rimed by some foreign color, and the blue bled of its crispness. there, circling ever so slightly around the black of his eyes like an oilspill, was the dirty fringe of yellow.

arcturus slumped back into the dirt with a small muffled cry, his eyes squeezed shut as if that would somehow restore order to the chaotic upheaval of his little world.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
oh, this empty thing i've done - by Arcturus - May 24, 2018, 08:44 AM
RE: oh, this empty thing i've done - by Hydra - May 24, 2018, 11:21 AM
RE: oh, this empty thing i've done - by Arcturus - May 24, 2018, 08:12 PM
RE: oh, this empty thing i've done - by Hydra - May 24, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: oh, this empty thing i've done - by Arcturus - May 24, 2018, 08:43 PM
RE: oh, this empty thing i've done - by Hydra - May 24, 2018, 08:56 PM
RE: oh, this empty thing i've done - by Arcturus - May 24, 2018, 09:09 PM
RE: oh, this empty thing i've done - by Hydra - May 24, 2018, 09:22 PM
RE: oh, this empty thing i've done - by Arcturus - May 24, 2018, 09:37 PM