Totoka River a snapshot in the family album
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
"No," she repeated, but it was not a snap this time. It was a declaration, weighted heavily with finality. It was the answer to a question she had asked herself many moons; it was the full stop on a promise she had made. "I will kill him. His death belongs to me." There would be no argument. Memories of him did not bother her, from day to day. . .but rest assured, the moment they crossed paths again, she would take his life.

She listened to Vaati, listened carefully, savored every word that flowed from his lips. Part of it she agreed with, but she found herself shaking her head once more at some sentiments, an unconscious denial of the truth. The truth, yes. He was right about it all. That didn't mean that she had to like it, or even agree with the way it had all come down upon them.

"We all fell apart," Maegi murmured, meeting his steely gaze. That, at least, had not changed. "Nothing is as it once was. Vaati--Ramsay and Euron. . .I haven't seen them in moons." This admission made tears come to her eyes, and a sob finally escaped her as she continued, "I don't know where they are. We went to find Cicero, and we found him, and he took them to a safe place. . .but I didn't go with them. I stayed behind. And then when I went to look for them--"

Wake up. Prisoners don't die unless we allow them to. Stone, once again, under her paws. Cool wind. The sound of mountain birds, cawing overhead. His teeth inches from her face. Pain. . .her face throbbed with it. Panicked breaths came hard and fast through her nostrils, and she closed her eyes, squeezing her lids tight. Opened them again. . .

. . .and saw Vaati, standing with her by the river. Maegi let out a shuddering gasp, pelt prickling along her spine. It took her a moment to regain her composure. "You were one more wolf I had to worry about," she said, simply, caught between anger and sadness. "One more wolf I'd lost. And beyond being Dark Master. . .you're my brother, Vaati. I needed you, even if the Woods didn't."
Messages In This Thread
a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - July 30, 2018, 06:32 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - July 30, 2018, 09:01 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - July 30, 2018, 09:40 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - July 30, 2018, 10:39 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 01, 2018, 01:00 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 02, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 05, 2018, 02:37 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 18, 2018, 12:55 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 19, 2018, 09:07 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 20, 2018, 11:13 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 22, 2018, 11:53 AM