Totoka River a snapshot in the family album
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
There was remorse in his eyes; it shocked her. For the proud Vaati to have regret. . .she must have said something right. A smug feeling twisted its way around her heart, snakelike, slithering away when he spoke again. Slithered away, and left her small and fearful again. Never mind that she had been without him all these moons--now he wanted her back.

Did he know? Did he know the sleepless nights she had endured, wishing she had gone with Cicero and her brothers? This was his way of trying to make things right again, and for a moment, she was tempted to take him up on his offer. Life might not be simple, by her brother's side, but she would not want for excitement, and there would be family. Family, at last.

But what of the wolves of Undersea--were they not her family, too? She cared for them just as much as all but a few of her comrades from the Woods. Maegi couldn't--could not--up and leave them without word. Even with advance notice. . .it seemed a slap in the face, to choose Vaati over them. Vaati, who had abandoned her. Whereas the seawolves had taken her in without a second thought, healed her, loved her. . .

There was no question. Vaati had made his bed: now he must lie in it.

"I can't," Maegi murmured, shaking her head. She dipped her muzzle toward the dark mass that was the isle, rising above the rolling water like the hump of a whale. "I live there, now. The wolves there. . .they love me. They've taken care of me. That is my home, and they're my family." Even if the Melonii blood did not course through their veins. That hardly mattered, anymore--not as far from the Woods as they were.
Messages In This Thread
a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - July 30, 2018, 06:32 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - July 30, 2018, 09:01 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - July 30, 2018, 09:40 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - July 30, 2018, 10:39 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 01, 2018, 01:00 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 02, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 05, 2018, 02:37 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 18, 2018, 12:55 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 19, 2018, 09:07 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 20, 2018, 11:13 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 22, 2018, 11:53 AM