Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
All Welcome 
@Hydra <3

things were... not okay on the spear. things were not, they were not. arcturus' mind reeled, stuck in an endless hiccuping loop - parents, dead, dead, charon, dead, parents, mom, dead, rocks, dead, broken, dead. it went on and on like a maddening gyre, revui, gone. parents, gone. gone. gone. dead.

he was rudderless without his father, moorless without his mother. he traveled through moonspear more ghost than wolf, drifting, eyes open but unseeing.. mind there, but unbeing.

it was not moonspear now, not without his parents. it was some other place. some other legacy.

he thought of it all over and over again; ruthlessly arcturus extracted his thoughts and pulled them through his mind, inspecting every minutia, pouring over each inconsistency and rough end. he had always been the type to get too far into his own head, and in the days that followed he thought and thought until his thoughts were but a brickhouse built around him, isolating himself from the world and the fractured family his parents had left behind. 

he thought of hydra and her thirst for power, dirge and his disdain of charon, of speedy, of his father's confiding in him, of revui coming and leaving again... all these tiny little patchwork events seemingly at random, setting into motion the incomprehensible...

and all that was left was hydra.

so, charon's lost boy took the first of many steps forward, his confidence and willpower growing by the minute. what started as a small unsure shuffle, soon rolled into a powerful, agitated walk -- until he found her he would prowl the spear like an disconsolate panther, yellow eyes wide and always searching.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
so i waited many years, held back the pain behind my tears - by Arcturus - June 12, 2019, 07:53 PM