Jade Fern Grove well, i might just replace you with a match stick and gasoline
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
wrapping up, slight pp <3 please pm me if you would like to thread again!
the siren remained motionless as the male approached, supping from the crystalline pool. water trickled from his chin, dribbling in bright droplets back into the fount in which it had come. each drop seemed to awaken a small trembling in the pool's surface, incandescent rings which spread out in diminutive concentric ripples.

caiaphas' gaze lifted from the water to the proffered bone; she was in no condition to deny handouts, yet all the same a ripple similar to the disturbance on the water's surface drifted across her heart. how small and reduced the siren queen had become, rendered to a class even lower than supplicants and miserly mendicants.. she was sure, to amun, she appeared little more than a brittle bird, holding fast to golden years that had long since descended to twilight..

"a kind offer." caiaphas intoned, rising stiffly to claim the bone. proud as she was, she was not stupid -- and would not cut off her nose to spite her face. chewing on the bone reflectively, caiaphas noted the flood of saliva that warmed her gums -- oh, how hungry she had been!

chewing a few moments longer, caiaphas set the edge of the bone between her paws and looked at amun slyly. "what is your name, traveler?"

some niceties were shared, but once the food was done caiaphas fell into a lapse of silence. with no more to offer amun, the siren rose from the water-studded grove, and made for more secluded climes.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: well, i might just replace you with a match stick and gasoline - by Caiaphas - September 14, 2019, 09:13 AM