Sleepy Fox Hollow as i went down in the river to pray
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She nodded firmly at Anansi's verdict, proud of her son to come to that conclusion. Yes, he was, she responded. And then Sakhmet piped up, and Maegi felt her heart grow many times larger, a warmth spreading through her. Of course, she purred, drawing closer still to the children. I have all the faith in the world in you both.

And Sobek. But that went without saying; his presence was felt here, too, even if it wasn't tangible.

He was a coward, Maegi continued, seizing on the earlier point made. Probably still is, if he's alive. You can't hurt those that are vulnerable. . .you can't hurt others for doing nothing wrong. The only time you should hurt others is if they've hurt you first, or someone you love. Or if you feel like you or your family are in danger.

That was the old Blackfeather's biggest misstep—unwarranted cruelty. Her father, her brother, and gods knew who else had taken part. She'd make sure, even if it killed her, that they'd never slip back into those bad habits. Wolfskull's walls would never know the echoes of screams again; her children would not become the monsters their ancestors had been.
Messages In This Thread
as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - September 05, 2019, 06:49 AM
RE: as i went down to the river to pray - by Sakhmet - September 06, 2019, 09:16 PM
RE: as i went down to the river to pray - by Maegi - September 11, 2019, 12:28 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Anansi - September 12, 2019, 10:16 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Sakhmet - September 19, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - September 20, 2019, 09:28 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Anansi - September 27, 2019, 10:11 AM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - October 26, 2019, 09:30 PM