Sun Mote Copse Today's the first day of the rest of your life
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
WHOOSH -- not for the first time did a comment pass over the stalwart's head. arcturus, much like his brother, tended to take things at face value.. only, he tended to ruminate on them later. much as wraen suspected, he likely would think little of it until later.

how he hated seeing the sovereign go -- he hid it with a slight smile and a dip of his head. she was going to leave him in the capable hands of two (okay, one) big mouthed rogues? did she wish for her newest recruit to perish?

jokes aside, arcturus missed fig's digging comment directed at bronco, and only barely caught the gilded boy's mispronunciation of his name. "arcturus." he corrected without a hint of annoyance. he knew his name was a mouthful -- such seemed custom on the mountain.

as far as the largest thing he had fought..? images of his terrifying sister loomed in his mind and he mentally grimaced, pushing the unpleasant memory down deep. how could he explain to them that in every sense of the word hydra was anything but a wolf? "a lynx." he had stalked after bear and cougar, but had luckily never had to fight them. "what about you two?"

the trio carried on easy conversation, arcturus telling them what he knew, while he listened in turn for anything they might share. it was good to be needed again, and arcturus laid to sleep that night with a sense of purpose he had not felt in some time.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
RE: Today's the first day of the rest of your life - by Arcturus - May 27, 2020, 11:02 AM