Wheeling Gull Isle embrace of the scarab
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
no need to match, just getting into him :D

ramesses chose to recline at last, sliding his belly to the ground as he took upon the recumbent pose of a sphinx. the empress spoke vaguely of her own lands, and pharaoh was pleased to hear that they had such similarity. but there was no sense of command about the delicate little lotus. she wore clear elegance in her breeding, the fine-spun lines of her pretty figure, the lilt to her tongue, and the expression in the polished sea-gem of her eyes — altogether beautiful, but not made from the cold blood that had spat out the bitch hatshepsuun.
his sacred sister had worshipped the bull amun, same as he, but with the fierce devotion of a priest. in fact, she had petitioned their father to make of her a high priest. she had been laughed away of course, by the convention of them. but not by seti. never by seti, who encouraged her in all things. it was the old windbag's fault that hatshepsuun had become a monster.
"she will be put to death for her sin," the sunmade ruler growled. "i expect that when i return, she will have been made a brood-sow for the son of the king's sister." osarsiph. "i will not abide this. i must restore my father's kingdom to the way it was before she decided against the gods that a woman could be pharaoh."
ramesses fell into a grim silence as he contemplated the words of empress huā. "unmarried?" he inquired skeptically, for surely she had some form of guard around her. had not hatsepsuun begged seti to post osarsiph outside her door as a guardian? and their father, being unseeing at all times of her feminine treachery, had made it so. between the two of them their sour blood would mingle and be used to burn away the legacy of their father.
"what made you decide to rule with no husband?" the hotlander asked sharply. "you are beautiful. send word to the neighboring kingdoms that you will put one of their sons upon your throne in exchange for tribute." simplistic. what hindered the sea-queen from doing so?
for some time they spoke, and ramesses came away with a deeper appreciation for the empress.
Messages In This Thread
embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 15, 2021, 05:06 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Huā - January 15, 2021, 05:18 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 15, 2021, 05:32 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Huā - January 15, 2021, 05:53 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 15, 2021, 06:00 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Huā - January 15, 2021, 09:34 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 16, 2021, 09:37 AM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Huā - January 18, 2021, 02:59 PM
RE: embrace of the scarab - by Ramesses - January 18, 2021, 03:25 PM