Wheeling Gull Isle after sundown, before sleeping, i am the worst
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Three words, but they told the story well enough. She looked at her friend with more than some sympathy—no, empathy, for she'd once been captive before, right? She was glad that Jakoul was free, even if the woman was much the worse for wear.

And as for her question? My home, now, Maegi explained, then added, Yours, too. Always. Wherever I am, there is a place for you.

She had no authority to welcome the woman to Yuelong. Aiolos had merely left her in charge in his absence, but that was mainly to watch over the place and keep intruders at bay. She was no ambassador; she would have to consult with the man when he returned.

But could this pack afford to be choosy? With some time, Jakoul would be back to full strength. She was an adept warrior and hunter. She would only benefit the island by being here.

Maegi made the offer knowing that Aiolos had no choice but to acquiesce. She would convince him to do so, anyway.

Come with me, she murmured, ushering Jakoul toward the trees. I'll find you a place to rest. Did you. . .happen to see or hear of Sakhmet, when you traveled? Her voice was tentative; it was a long shot, but she still held out some hope that her long-lost daughter may one day return to her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: after sundown, before sleeping, i am the worst - by Maegi - March 20, 2021, 06:55 AM