Dragoncrest Cliffs The Sea Spared Me
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
968 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The sound of pitter-patter paws quickly approached and the islander nearly dropped the package when he saw Mireille and Sobo. No longer were they babbling incoherent vowels or waddling around inspecting bugs. Now, at four months old, they were becoming spry, leggy things. Yet, a cherubic quality of soft fur and puppy fat staved the feeling that he had missed their childhood entirely.

“Mireille!”
Njord exclaimed after he placed the bundle on the ground. His heart swelled at her ruddy fur and distinct freckling – just like Merlin’s. The islander quickly swept over her, nuzzling and muzzle-bumping the young child as if it had been an eternity since he’d seen her. For Njord, it may as well have been.

“Oh, mo chridhe, I traveled to Meares Island ta tell my family all about you an’ yer brothers an’ sister. They’d verra much like ta meet you someday… an’ of course! You look like quite tha adventurer… how you’ve grown!”

Without missing a beat, Sobo appeared just as suddenly. Njord collapsed onto the ground, overjoyed, and invited the children to swarm him. To hear the word father melted his heart. “Ahoy, my lad!” he crowed in reply, “Sobo look ‘ow braw you are!” His tongue washed over the tyke’s shadowed face. A strapping boy with a stunning red tail… Njord was proud as anything.

“Dinna fash, lad. I ‘av quite tha tall tale for you!” Njord’s voiced became dramatic, “Yer Da’ was caught in a mighty storm as I swam across tha sea!” He paused for effect, “but first, I ‘av gifts fer you both.” The seafarer gestured to the wrap of seaweed.

A ghostly figure brought up the rear. “Haunt!” the ruby exclaimed. The two had just missed one another. Njord had set off for Meares island just as the yearling found her hearth at Sapphique once more. If he hadn’t been swarmed by the children, Njord would have stood to greet her. So preoccupied was he, that he barely noticed her missing paw.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
The Sea Spared Me - by Njord - September 02, 2021, 09:40 AM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Haunt - September 02, 2021, 12:23 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Mireille - September 02, 2021, 06:17 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Sobo - September 02, 2021, 06:53 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Njord - September 02, 2021, 08:28 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Haunt - September 02, 2021, 09:09 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Mireille - September 03, 2021, 12:13 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Erzulie - September 03, 2021, 12:16 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Sobo - September 03, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Njord - September 06, 2021, 10:35 AM
RE: The Sea Spared Me - by Haunt - September 07, 2021, 09:22 AM