Redsand Canyon You've only known the ones who leave at dawn
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Germanicus…

The man appeared before the shadow, sunyellow gaze burning upon the lean figure who stood at his door. Crowfeather swallowed heavily, suddenly overcome with shame. He could not understand why he felt he would be in trouble, would be reprimanded for his actions. But the stoic man just stood there quietly before asking if the seer had gotten his message.

Crowfeather thought he had been poisoned. Oh, his legs – they could not hold him steady against the breath of wind that tousled the dark hair along his neck. The older man’s words did nothing to ease him, to remove the troubled thoughts that had plagued the dark figure since meeting the stranger on the edge of the mesa.

’The Mereo guy, right? The one who married Ruenna –‘

Yes, I- I did receive your message… That his voice carried over the sounds of the world around them was a miracle. It had not been until much later that Crowfeather had felt heat rise into his throat to choke him. The stranger you sent to me. Had Germanicus only been biding his time? Waiting until it was safe to detach cleanly from the dark young man.

Crowfeather’s face turned slightly from Germanicus. His eyes hungered to look at the man, to take in his shape so long that he would never forget – never. Oh, but he could not allow the brilliant eagle of a man to see the tears that sprung into Crowfeather’s gaze. He wished to hold Germanicus’ yellow gaze until it swallowed him with all the heat of a thousand suns.

That would not have been a bad way to die, he thought.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You've only known the ones who leave at dawn - by Crowfeather - April 08, 2022, 06:09 PM