Dragoncrest Cliffs got a soul so big, we were giants at the start of it
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
952 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Though Njord chuckled at Meerkat’s jeer when their daughter caused her mother pain, there was a pang of worry as a feeling of helplessness welled within him. To be a mother was nothing short of a miracle… and it was a father’s curse to only have the ability to provide in limited ways. He groomed the hair of her neck in contemplation, soothing Meerkat as she reflected on their new blessings.

He smiled warmly. “I love ye, too,” Njord said quietly, “An’ our family.”

Meerkat suggested the name Bonny, and Njord grinned. “Aye, that would be a fitting name. She is a bonny wee lass,” Njord cooed, batting his blue eyes at his little red daughter. Would her personality grow to be as fiery as the color on her back? "But I ken she'll 'av ya cryin' out Mercy in not time a t'all."

Truth be told, Meerkat could have named them anything and Njord would have been happy all the same… but when she suggested sea animals, he felt fresh sense of pride for their coastal family. It reminded him how thoughtful Meerkat was, an how their relationship was a true partnership.

“Well let me see…” Njord mused as he looked over their little brood, inspecting them closely. One of the boys took after his mother in coloration: he had a rich, sandy pelt and a cream underbelly. “This wee lad looks jus’ like a stingray,” Njord observed. “I’ve seen em many a time skirtin’ in tha shallows. They can blend right in with tha sand.” His brother was quite a bit darker. A cool slate color painted his spine, though his belly appeared creamy in the dim light of the den. A shock of red to his tail matched Sobo’s. “An’ this one… he looks like a swordfish I once saw as a lad. It jumped from tha sea, catchin’ the sun on it’s scales. It’s snout was long like a spear – I didna believe it was a fish at first.” A tale for another time.

“But our wee lass…” he laughed as he racked his brain trying to think of anything as colorful as she. “She looks more like a red vixen than anythin' else.”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread