Dragoncrest Cliffs again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
@Chacal @Sobo @Rosalyn @Meerkat @Jorunn @Loko @Gunnar @Stingray @Etienne @Theo (tried to avoid double tags!) one post replies welcome <3

it was time. 
erzulie called the pack to fireblood stand. the maples were radiant, the hue of brightest blood. a small and cool breeze played from the sea. 
two garlands today, one she had given to chacal to offer sobo, and the other was for mireille. their new obsidian would wear a crown of salt geranium, their deep lavender hue a contrast against the crimson of her pelt and the green of her eyes.
as they gathered, she felt the tears threaten again, those both of pride and of sorrow. she was ready to step back, she had not lied, and yet to hand this garland to mireille would mean the end of so long a chapter she could not see its close.
for sobo, the first son of sapphique to become jade, erzulie had created a necklace of rich red blanket flowers, the blooded color of which she hoped to convey his importance as those the lwa had chosen for this.
"i be steppin' down today," erzulie said when the pack had gathered. her voice was easy. she stood with chacal and rosalyn before them. "i have been honored to be obsidian for so long. but now mireille will carry dat honor."
she motioned to her girl, who stood and crossed nervously to her mother. "sapphique chooses you. de sea chooses you," erzulie said softly, voice tensing only somewhat. 
the garland was placed about mireille's neck, and the giving of power was complete. but the meeting was not over.
"an' sobo." her two-toned gaze was upon their son, and she was limned with pride as she bid him closer. "you will be jade to de tanzanite and de obsidian. de salt water speaks also to you. an' de spirits which i brought from de bayou hear you too. sapphique chooses you. de sea chooses you." she looked toward chacal for the garland, and stood silent unless the tanzanite wished her to do the crossing-over. she wished to hear how the golden woman would speak of her siblings, for every word was profound.
she listened.
sobo and mireille, swathed in flowers.
her tears were open now, silent. when the words had ended, erzulie tilted her head back and sang a triumphant song of sapphique's power through time.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
Messages In This Thread
again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Erzulie - August 12, 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Gunnar - August 12, 2022, 12:05 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Chacal - August 12, 2022, 03:06 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Loko - August 12, 2022, 05:08 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Val - August 12, 2022, 05:11 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Jorunn - August 12, 2022, 05:19 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Theo - August 12, 2022, 06:54 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Sobo - August 16, 2022, 03:25 PM