Dragoncrest Cliffs you think i do this because i like it?
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
946 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
;__; Njord can be ur daddy quen!

The lad stumbled over his words as he spilled his guts. Njord listened, focused. There was pain. Guilt. Shame. The feeling of a failed responsibility.

How funny it was to be grown. To see so much of yourself in the younger generation. It was like an odd mirror.

Njord wished to help shepherd him through.

He took a big breath and prepared his vulnerable heart. “When you an’ Swordfish dinnae come home, I ken somethin’ wasnae right. I tracked ye. Found bearsign. Yer blood. Followed it ‘til I came upon tha hidin’ place you an’ Swordfish hunkered down in. I could smell yer fear. Yer fight tae live.” Njord remembered the panic he felt. The fear that he would find their mangled bodies in the snow.

“I was so scairt for ye both, Quennell. But ye were so braw. Swordfish’s wouldnae made it back alive if ye weren’t tha canny wolf that ye are.” The grievous wounds would have stopped Fish in his tracks.

Njord swallowed roughly and moved his paw to touch Quennell's shoulder. “It wasnae yer fault tha bear came. Ye 'ad tha good sense tae run. Tae hide. Ye brought our boy home, lad. We owe you a grand debt.”
Messages In This Thread
you think i do this because i like it? - by Quennell - January 18, 2023, 03:19 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Njord - January 18, 2023, 04:15 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Quennell - January 18, 2023, 04:19 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Njord - January 18, 2023, 04:38 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Quennell - January 18, 2023, 04:43 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Njord - January 18, 2023, 07:11 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Quennell - January 22, 2023, 08:32 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Njord - January 27, 2023, 07:45 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Quennell - January 31, 2023, 02:42 PM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Njord - February 02, 2023, 11:19 AM
RE: you think i do this because i like it? - by Quennell - February 12, 2023, 12:12 PM