Lion Head Mesa twenty-fourth
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
637 Posts
Ooc — anon
her first true test in all that she had ever learned came to her in the form of eleven words. to her credit, her expression did not falter, nor did it stretch into insincerity. her love for Senmut saw to the justification of the words: wise as he is, he does not know what he says! he is exhausted by his work…
were she not so well taught in the ways of both being a lady and of divinity, she might have failed the second as he spoke of betrayal. she could feel in her bones what she wished to do—but she remained still and calm, though her smile was now absent. her mothers name was absent in the list Toula had now made, comprised of the whispers she had heard. the fellahin, and the mazoi. traitors! 
Toula remembered how sick the fellahin had been. and the absence of the Mazoi now she recalled clearly. and to breathe became difficult as she realized what her sister must have uncovered—the sweet fellahin, oleander among them! the mazoi the rue leaves she hid beneath! 
oh, @Makono! how could she bear this all! 
with conviction, Toula said, She and I will change history, Hem—the Shabti were not long lived, but I am born divine. we will rid ourselves of these betrayers, and when I ascend We shall step into a new, golden age… together, and here she stood tall, believing it with all of Her heart! 
but she looked to Senmut now. for she trusted him, and his guidance.  how might I help Pharaoh now? she asked, voice soft and gentle once more.
Messages In This Thread
twenty-fourth - by Senmut - March 24, 2023, 02:38 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Toula - March 24, 2023, 03:02 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Senmut - March 24, 2023, 03:25 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Toula - March 24, 2023, 03:49 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Senmut - March 24, 2023, 04:25 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Toula - March 24, 2023, 04:47 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Senmut - March 24, 2023, 06:06 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Toula - March 24, 2023, 06:18 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Senmut - March 24, 2023, 06:42 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Toula - March 24, 2023, 06:56 PM
RE: twenty-fourth - by Senmut - April 02, 2023, 12:39 AM