Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
On broad back Rodyn bore the soft downy fur of a muskrat. He had washed it and cleaned it with flowers. And the odor that usually followed such creatures no longer held fast to the fibers of fur. However, it had given the fur a rather pleasant smell that he had been surprised by and decided he would need to try and find other ways to incorporate flowers into the furs he caught and stretched and worked for trade.

He came today to seek out the Moonwoman's advice if she would give it. Because he was unsure what to do about Chakliux and Moontide. So he found the border and tipped his head back. Letting Moonwoman know he was coming and would cross if that was alright. Not aware that not far was her granchildren playing. H ehoped she would mind.

@Nantahala
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Pi
my mind turns your life into folklore
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Thanks again for starting!

Nantahala had grown bored with her usual confines, and sought to explore the boundaries imposed by her parents' rules. She had explored Moonglow thoroughly, and the only place she hadn't seen yet was the borders—which she knew she was prohibited from visiting. While acknowledging the safety concerns of the borders, she justified that she could observe them from a distance and still adhere to her parents' rules. To her, it seemed like a win-win situation.

Upon reaching her vantage point, Nantahala noticed Rodyn nearing the borders and releasing a loud howl for Kukutux. As she watched him, a feeling of familiarity washed over her, triggering memories of her friend, Panuk. Despite being aware that the man was not her friend, she couldn't help but voice her thoughts: You look like my friend, Panuk.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
no problem.

It was a child that met him and for a moment he thought of his sons. Who were roaming on their own. Rolayne not being seen in sometime, but Panuk. He was embracing his mother's roots and Rodyn wouldn't take that from him.

He chuckled happily. It is good to hear my son looks like me.

He dipped his head in greeting. I'm Rodyn Ardeth father of Panuk.

He thought then of his beautiful boy and smiled again. Happy he was making friends.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Nantahala could hardly believe her luck—somehow, she'd managed to meet Pan's dad.

WOAH!!! she exclaimed, feeling a sudden surge of excitement. NO WAY!!! THAT'S SO COOL BECAUSE PAN IS SO COOL!! HE CAME TO VISIT AND WE PLAYED TOGETHER IN THE LAKE!! IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!! HE WAS SO NICE!! AND HE PUSHED ME ON MY BOARD SO I COULD RIDE THE WAVES!! She briefly paused to take a deep breath. 

IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU, MR. RODYN!! I'M NANTAHALA!
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn tilted an ear with a smile. How wonderful to know his son was well. And had friends.

He pressed his ears to his head at her first words; while he got used to the volume of the girl. He wanted to ask her to keep it lower. But her excitement was clear. He couldn't take that from her. So he endured.

It's nice to meet you too Natahala. Panuk grew up on the water. He is quited used to it. I'm very glad you had fun. Did he show you how to fish? Or did you only ride the waves? What kind if board was it?

He was very curious if truth be told.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Nantahala's excitement persisted, only this time, it was for a different reason. 

FISHING?!! I WISH!!! I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO FISH AND HUNT AND BECOME A FIRST HUNTER AND BE THE BEST HUNTER EVER!!!! She coughed, her throat feeling suddenly sore, and she adjusted the volume of her voice. Do you know how to fish?? Could you teach me???? Please??? 

For now, the questions of the board and riding the waves went unanswered.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt his body vibrate both with his chuckle and the sheer volume of the girls voice. No one had to wonder where this one was.

He smiled then. You know I was first hunter once, before Panuk was born, even before his mom and I were married. I used to live here.

A nod of his head. I do know how to fish. I also know how to hint. So tell me Nantahala, do you want to learn something about fishing or hunting today?
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
You were?!?! she exclaimed, star-struck by the news. ThatisSOcool!!! I want to be JUST like you when I grow up!!! 

When he poised the question of what she wanted to learn, she hesitated for a minute, wishing she could learn it all. But, eventually, she decided, Can we fish, please???
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn laughed then in delight and nodded. Thank you. I hope you become better than even me.

He nodded. We can. Follow me.

It wasn't far to a nearby river side. A small smile excited to teach a new one. And a small pain too that he would never teach his own daughter what he had taught her brothers and now this one.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She smiled at his wishes, wanting the same, but knowing it'd be impolite to agree with him. 

Instead, she followed after him, skipping as she kept pace with him. Oh, this is so exciting!!!! she remarked as she spotted the river in the not-too-far distance. What do you think we'll catch??? Fish??? Turtles??? Snakes??? She looked up at him, grinning, as she rattled off the options.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn wouldn't have held her in any lower esteem had she voiced wanting to be better. He hoped she was.

All three of those could be. But let's hope for fish. You know they are good for nursing mothers and when you aren't feeling well. But also their bones make pretty and sweet sounding noise makers. I make them to trade with.

He swung his tail and spoke softly. The fur still around his shoulders. Though he laid the muskrat fur to the side when they got to the waters edge.

Now I always like to get in the water, but you must be certain the current isn't too strong for you.

He placed a foot in he had chosen a rather lazy spot of the river.

Fish are very fast, and the sun changes things in water. So you never want to aim for the fish, but you aim for their shadow.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
You trade, too??? And make noise makers??? she asked, wondering if there wasn't anything that Rodyn didn't or couldn't do. He seemed to have a plethora of skill sets, all of which she was eager to learn, and she felt all the more pleased that she had taken the risk of going to the borders. It seemed as though she was being handsomely rewarded for doing so. Can you teach me about trading and noise makers, too, please??? 

When they arrived at the river, he instructed her to check the current, and she did so without question. She stuck a paw into the lazy shallows, concentrating on the flow of the water, and decided that it was still enough for her. It's good, she confirmed, stepping her other foot into the river, followed by her hind legs.  

She angled an ear towards him to listen as she began to search the water. She was eager to impress him by finding their prey, and soon enough, she spotted a silvery figure not too far from them. I see one, she remarked, pointing at it with her snout.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
He nodded. I do. I trade many things. The furs of the animals I hunt. I make pouches and noismakers. Antlers and hooves of hunted prey. I can teach you all of this. Much of it your grandma has already begun to teach you. When you work the furs.

He followed her movements and stood in the water. The current pulling lazily against him.

He dipped his head to track the movement. Do you see how it's shadow is a little farther forward?

He darted at the shadow and pulled the muscled fish out crunching down quickly.

He placed his catch on the shore.

That is where you aim. But it is okay if you don'tgain one. We all miss sometimes.::
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She was reminded of her latest interaction with her grandmother, and how they treated a hide. Oh, yes! She's already taught me a lot—like how to trim down furs and to fix holes in them! Conveniently, she left out the part where she'd been responsible for the tear in the fur. 

She watched the fish, and nodded when he asked if she saw it. It looks like there's a second fish because of the shadow, she remarked, lowering her voice to a whisper; they were hunting, and she thought that they needed to keep their voices down. Then, without warning, Rodyn lunged forward and caught the fish. She watched in awe as her jaw hung, and her eyes grew wide. 

THAT WAS AMAZING!!!! she cheered as he placed the kill on the shoreline, her tail swinging in large, wide circles.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn grinned. This is all good things to know as trader. It will give you the means to trade well and a sharp eye when trading.

And it would. Nantahala was already well on her way to tradesman and she didn't even realize.

Thank you. Now you try. Give the water a few minutes and the fish to settle.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She stood a little taller when he remarked about her potential capabilities as a trader. And then you and me can go and trade things, and bring back even better things to our villages! It sounded like fun, and she smiled at the thought. We'll be the best traders the villages have ever seen! 

He encouraged her to try and catch the fish, and she nodded as she watched and waited for the water to calm. When this happened, she sprung forward at he had, dunked her head underwater, and aimed for the shadow. She felt the fish narrowly escape her jaws, and with a frustrated groan, she emerged and watched as the fish got away. 

She turned to him and frowned. That stunk, she remarked, allowing her perfectionist tendencies to surface.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
A warm chuckle left him. He would be happy to take the fierce little trader with him. If her mother allowed and if she anything like her family, she'd do well.

Yes we will.

He shook his head. No it didn't you did really well almost had it. It took me a few tries my first time, same for your auntie.

He flexed his toes in the cool river. ::Just a little bit faster next time.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Rodyn was quick to reassure Nantahala, and she listened to his advice. Next time, she would be faster—she was determined to catch it. 

She didn't give up and continued searching the water until she spotted another fish nearby. She jumped towards it, attempting to catch it with her paws, thinking she could move faster if she hunted like she did on land. However, her actions only created a large splash, allowing the fish to escape, and she groaned. 

I'm still off the mark, she grumbled, glancing back at Rodyn with a frown. But I'll get it next time.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
A small laugh. I tried that too. But the animals in water can't be caught like on land. To slippy and slithery and they can see our shadows too.

You will

A sage nod. Just be thorough and move fast, but aim forward a bit.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Oh, she remarked after learning something new. That's why we hunt differently on the water—that makes sense! It was pretty slippery. 

It took longer this time to find a fish, and when it swam into view, Nantahala was ready. Moving quicker than before, she aimed forward as she dunked her head under the water again. When she noticed the fish in her mouth, she firmly grabbed it and bit down hard until it became still. She emerged, victorious, and added her kill to the pile. 

I DID IT!!! she beamed, grinning broadly.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Her look of concentration made him smile completely. She was so excited and so serious in her pursuit of learning.

She moved quickly and was rewarded for her efforts. A splash of his paw and a Yea!

Then he nodded and sized them up. yours might be bigger than mine.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Wanna fade here and have another hunting thread?

She was quick to compare the catches when he mentioned the size of the fish, and he was right—her fish was bigger! She looked upon them in awe, unable to keep her eyes off her kill, and stood a little taller. She'd done it, and she was extremely proud of herself. 

When Nantahala was finally able to look away, she looked to Rodyn with a wagging tail and asked, Wanna keep hunting?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
sure

Rodyn held no ill will. As a matter of fact he was super excited that she had managed to get a fish larger than his it meant she was doing something great. And learning

Absolutely. Don't have to ask me twice.

A grin then wolfish and delighted and lectured bsck to the water. It was a good day