Sleeping Dragon Calcite
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
All Welcome 
AW! but Portia is looking for @Rosalyn (:

Damn, what was her name? Portia was not one for remembering names... it had always felt so useless in the past. Meet someone, quick conversation, roll out. She remembered the important ones, but names in passing always seemed to be difficult for her to remember. But today was important, she feared greatly for the pack-- even if the volcano hadn't done much damage to them. She carried around herbs in a wrapped leaf, her tail swishing back and forth quickly. She found the scent of the dark red woman, trying to track her down and get her to eat the herbs... just in case. Even if she was totally fine, it didn't hurt to check. It was her job, after all.
green text signifies trigedasleng.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn had hunkered down further from the mountain than usual, keeping a mistrustful eye on the bloody thing after the night it seemed to come alive.  Sleeping dragon, eh?  Hilarious.

Sure, the rock that fell had been a fairly small amount, and sure, she'd fairly easily leapt out of the way.  But the fact that the mountain could just decide to expel itself of ash and stone was a little.... yeah, it was terrifying.

When Portia found her, Rosalyn was laying at the edge of a stand of trees, deep in thought.  She gave a small huff of welcome to the girl, though they barely knew one another.  She didn't know her name either.

"Need something?" She asked amicably.
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
"You," Portia quipped, setting down the herbs and letting out a huff as she moved to catch her breath. "Do you mind?" she asked, though she really didn't care for an answer, and sat her pale rump down to take a quick breather. Running around was hard work as it is, it was an even bigger pain to track down each and every member of the pack... but it was her job, so she tried not to complain. 

"You'd think I'd have some sort of endurance built up by now," she muttered after a few moments, tipping her head back and sucking in a deep breath before continuing. "I'm Portia, Drageda's Skayona... I deal with herbs and such. How's your throat feel, hun?" she asked, eyes studying the woman as she waited for a response.  
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Not at all," she said, obviously amused as the words came a beat or two too late.  She was surprised too to see the other wolf winded - she thought all of these other wolves were salted mountain rangers.  She still hadn't quite gotten used to it, though she could feel the slopes improving her strength over time.

Oh, Portia.  Right.  The wolf she was supposed to find months ago when she'd first joined, but never had bothered seeking out.  Well, now they'd met!  

"Throat's fine.  Something up?"  Targeted healer visits were never good news.  Unaware, she'd given the mountain a wide berth ever since its testy display, and as a result hadn't done much breathing of the expelled material (unless that's unrealistic and it covered the territory, oops).
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Portia stared, unsatisfied. "No dryness? No soreness? No cough? Breathing fine?" she questioned, tail flicking as she studied the woman. She'd believe her, but she just wanted to make sure. "Volcanic eruption-- and an earthquake, one probably caused the other... you didn't sleep through it, did you, hun?" she asked, the last part a realization filled with intrigue and disbelieve. After a few moments she shook her head, giving a little sniff and readjusting her position to warm herself up-- now that she'd settled the chilly air was creeping up onto her. "It doesn't matter-- some wolves live a lil' closer to the mountain than others, and they inhaled a lil' more ash and dust and debre than others," came her final explanation, still studying the other.

i'm not sure the extent of the damage lol :o i think it was more concentrated the closer to the volcano... so she's probably fine
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Was she... disappointed?  Rosalyn shook her head, amused despite herself.  She herself was rather pleased to have dodged whatever her packmate seemed to be talking about.  How the hell anyone could have slept through that, she didn't know, and she laughed at the suggestion.

"No chance of that.  I got the hell out of dodge, though.  And don't really plan on getting near anytime soon."  Maybe that was why she hadn't experienced what her packmates were.  She had a brain, and if the volcano decided it wanted to go all growly again, she didn't want to be in the vicinity.  "So guess I'm one less you gotta worry about."

"Speaking of... does it do that often?
"  She indicated the mountain.  It wasn't something she'd ever had experience with, though she had heard a time or two about volcanoes.  She'd assumed they were stories.  Apparently she was wrong.
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Portia let out a loud breath of relief, shaking her head quickly. "Thank God..." she murmured, closing her eyes for a brief moment-- one less wolf to worry about indeed. "Sorry," she the said, "I've just been a little worried for everyone since it happened." The woman then asked about the volcano, and the Skayona had to sit quietly and ponder the question for a moment before she answered. "I've never seen it happen before," she answered, "I've only lived here a few months though."