Blackbeak Bluff Words fall out of my mouth, they drift to the ground and they don't make a sound
319 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

A brisk, chill wind swept past Ramsay's hunched shoulders as he paused to drink in the spice of the sea air. He had never seen such a large body of water and it astounded him how the world seemed to fall off into eternity with nothing but rolling blue at its edge. For surely this was the edge of it; there was nothing on the horizon where sea met sky, no silhouettes or promises of distant things. There couldn't be anything beyond there but endless blue, and the dwarf was fascinated.

He went as close to the cliff's edge as he dared, glad for once that Euron wasn't with him. He was close by, no doubt, but he didn't know if he could handle his brother's daredevil antics on the very edge of the world. Something about that deep blue down below unnerved him, even though it didn't show on his face. In the distance to the west he could make out a small blip of land, and began heading along the cliffs in that direction. If nothing else, it would be good to know what sort of place existed in the middle of the blue.

THREADS: 5/5
Thread titles are quotes from H.P. Lovecraft.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
It was time to abort mission. She had weaved her way up the coast, to no avail. The girl had lost Mou's scent somewhere along the way; where he had gone, she didn't know. All she knew was that he was gone, and the weight of that realization sat like a ball of ice in her stomach, heavy. . .guilty. If she'd taken better care to look after him, if she'd given him more attention. . .

Yet another wolf had left, and it was her fault.

But she'd found someone else, instead--Euron. And Maegi couldn't believe her eyes as she approached the bluff where she'd met Gundham and saw a hunched dark figure walking along the edge, looking at the water. Tears welled suddenly in her gaze, and she blinked them away before calling his name, not wanting to startle him over the cliff in surprise.

He likely knew she was coming, probably from a mile away. He was intuitive, and she clumsy. Her breathing came fast and ragged as she pulled up a few paces away from him, staring at the face she hadn't seen in so long. A face marked by time, but somehow still the same. The deep indigo eyes, the sleek raven-feather fur. Adulthood had not blessed his stunted body--it had made it even more contorted, actually--but he was handsome, in an odd sort of way.

He was her brother, and love swelled up like the tide in her heart, along with all the shame and sorrow she had kept there from the moment they left the Woods to now. "Ram," Maegi whispered, shaking her head. "I'm so happy to see you. I--" She broke off, suddenly unable to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry. I should have gone with you and Euron and Cicero."

They exchanged some words, and parted. Maegi was grateful he was alive. She had faith they would see each other again. . .but when? Would she wait moons, again, to be reunited with her brothers?

Retribution for her sins. Maegi carried on, heart heavier than ever before.